Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. P N AnithaYour feedback matters!
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche, which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet, which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores. Furthermore, it leads to thinning of hair and excessive growth of hair on chest, back and face. Infertility, continual miscarriage, high blood pressure and high blood sugar are also common with PCOD.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly. Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
PCOD is such a condition, which you can never afford to overlook. If you had been facing any of the common symptoms, then it is probably time to pay a visit to a responsive gynaecologist.
If a female is HIV affected and done intercourse at the time of her periods, would it affect her partner or not?
Hi. Ma'am mri problm irregular period h mri shadi bhi abhi nahi huyi hai. But is tym mre periad 4 month ho gaye to maine doctr ko dikhaya usne dawa di boli ajyegi but dawa kha kr mri abdomen me left side lowr me hard feel ho raha aur sujan bhi h hlka drd bhi. Maine thyriod chek krwaya wo bhi normal h .but aj mujhe period aya bbt bht he kam 6 7 boond bus .plzz mam koi aisi tablet ua syrup bata de jis se period khul kar aye plzz ma'am .i m waiting your answr.
Hi Doctor We are a newly married couple trying for a baby for almost 3 months. We have not got any positive results so far. We have couple of questions 1. Whenever we have sex my sperm comes out from her. Is this normal or are we doing it wrongly? 2. Do we need to go for checkup? If yes what kind of it? Thanks Balaji.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir, My friend had an ovarian cyst and she removed it in the last month, and the further result telling that there some chance of regeneration of cyst so consultant advice her to remove ovary. Is removal of one ovary reduce her chance of getting pregnant?
Folvit, zincovite, aspirin tablets ka kya use hai, conceive karne mein jab baby plan kar rahi ho? Please help me.
My wife is pregnant. Its her 4th week. Can she drink cranberry juice of real juice company as she have wheat allergy. What other things can she have as she is suffering from wheat allergy and thyroid problem.
My wife 6 month pregnant, she is telling their is no movement in baby, it is in one side itself, she is worried a lot pls suggest me.
What is ICSI. How should v know that whether should go. Icsi or ivf. Kindly help. M planning for it. problem is of Pcos n low sperm count.
I am 25 years old married woman. I am 72-78 kg (obesity) and I badly want to reduce my weight and tummy. I am having PCOD with irregular periods. Doctors told me that if you reduce weight that will be solved. After months I am going to abroad with my husband. We were planning for parenthood but just because of this PCOD, I didn't fulfill our dream. I am working as a Medical Coordinator, I mean I used to sit a lot that's why I am having tummy. Please guide me a diet and exercise so that I can trust and do as soon as possible. It will be good to give me chart so that I can stick everywhere. I used to search a lot but different site telling different things. Please advise.
Are Krimpson 35 and Benforce M are the perfect medicines for PCOs? I have suggested to take krimpson 35 for 6 months and Benforce M for 3 months. Should I take these medicines? Are these two safe and will it cure my pcos?
I have two children and my wife is pregnant again now I don't want more kids can I have solution for this.
We are planning of pregnancy. But one question in my mind. If male blood group O an Female blood Group is O-, then any problems during in pregnancy? Or any problems with baby? Please give me answer asap possible. Thanks
The medical term used for kidney disease is Nephrosis and it is seldom also known as the nephritic syndrome. There are a lot of likely causes for this condition and it is detected by carrying out urine test. The treatment for Nephrosis is a long term treatment and done mainly to prevent kidney failure. The kidney disease is very painful and occurs in people of all age groups. It is very important for people who are new to kidney disease that they know about the nine things they should do to stay strong.
Important information on kidney disease:
- The feeling of helplessness on occurrence of kidney disease can be overcome by educating yourself. Individuals should learn everything about kidney disease and can gain vital information even from the Internet.
- It is very obligatory that the advice of the doctor be followed by an individual suffering from Kidney disease. It is not indispensable that the kidney disease always leads to failure of kidney and to keep your kidney healthy and stay away from any damage, it is necessary to comply with the orders of the Doctor.
- It is very important that you stick to a diet, which would keep you healthy and protect your kidneys from any further damage. You should be mindful on everything you eat and you can gain assistance on your diet from a renal dietitian.
- When you suffer from chronic kidney disease, the blood values become very important to gauge the condition of your disease and whether it is getting worse or stable. From time to time, the healthcare provider would check your urine and blood regularly and he would also monitor your blood pressure and blood sugar.
- You can ask help from the support group and accept their assistance. Your family is your best support system in times of need and so involving them is very important.
- You must make sure that you are getting the proper care you need and you need to educate yourself by communicating as well as asking questions.
- You can feel much better by being active, so do things that make you happy. You can exercise regularly, but after taking advice from your doctor. Your main focus must be to keep your heart healthy.
- A positive attitude is anytime helpful in healing a disease. You can listen to music that entertains your mind and helps you stay positive.
- It is not difficult to stay healthy even with kidney disease, as a positive feeling would eventually help face the kidney disease. You must plan ahead and be ready for kidney transplant without getting worried.
Most importantly, spread awareness and help people tackle the situation without any difficulty.
My regular menstrual period was 5th January. But during this period for the first time no blood flow is there only the white liquid is coming. Kindly give me proper suggestions what's the problem & what I have to do.
My gf sex on 4th of nov and take unwanted 72 on 7th of nov nd then she bleed nonstop on 13 of nov only for 1 day and today is 4th od dec nd she don't get periods is she pregnant or not please tell me I am so afraid and if she is not pregnant when she have her periods.
My wife age is 24yr. She is suffering from PCOD. We are planning to have baby after 2 years. Will it create a problem for her to perceive pregnancy? We have consulted doctor, she has given some tablets to take for controlling hormones.
Indulged in sexual activity on 4th Feb 2017 and in which there was no penetration, my boyfriend touched my vagina for few seconds and safety purpose I took ipill in 72 hours n I had some bleeding on 12th February 2017 for 4 days and my period date was 16 February 2017 and last period date was 16/1/2017 .I took pregnancy test on 23 February afternoon which was negative and again on 25th February afternoon which was also negative on 3rd March also which is negative. When will I get my period and what does it all means? Should I need to do more pregnancy test? What should I do? Any medicine or treatment for regulating period?
Besides plenty of protein sources available in the market, egg comes in first in biological value and the cheapest source.
Egg is a powerhouse of nutrition, packed with high biological value protein containing all 9 essential amino acids and more than 13 different vitamins and minerals. A medium egg not only contains 6gms of protein but also Vitamin A, B5, B12, B2, Folate, Phosphorus, selenium, decent amounts of Vitamin D, E, K, B6, Calcium, and Zinc.
BV is a measure of the ability of protein present in food to be absorbed and utilised by the human body for protein synthesis.
Eggs are also a rich supply of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. These are predominantly in the form of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which helps with the maintenance of brain function and normal vision. It helps in healthy baby development during pregnancy, healthy skin and hair.
The protein and fat in eggs help sustain your energy levels, keeping you satisfied for longer and assists weight loss.