Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. P KalaivaniYour feedback matters!
I have problem in my teeth I am chewing and eat tobacco so many year right now bleeding into my mouth and till today im not eating and chewing tobacco so how can I solve my problem.
Hai I am 26 years old, in an accident I lost my teeth, I heard that we can regenerate teeth using stemcells of wisdom tooth, is it possible, if it is possible how much the cost will be per tooth. I have already a bridge, but I want natural looking teeth, and I know about dental implants, but I do not want to put artificial things in my mouth.
Many of us were taught how to properly brush our teeth when we were still young kids.
And, admit it or not, most of us are stuck with the same brushing method into adulthood.
Sadly, many of us also learned the improper way of brushing.
Indeed, even though we are taught the proper brushing technique, we may not often stick to it.
Did you know that brushing properly is tricky? We wish to get rid of plaque without damaging our gums and brushing too hard.
So, what are the correct ways to brush our teeth by Dr Ratnika Agarwal ?
The teeth and gums must be brushed gently as hard brushing may cause the gums to recede and get damaged. It is advised to hold the toothbrush the same manner you hold a pen. By doing so, a lighter stroke is encouraged.
Brush your teeth at least two times per day.
Brush in the morning and at night before you head to bed. In so doing, food particles are removed. Brushing in the morning will aid clear away the plaque that accumulated overnight. It is important to dry before you sleep because this is the period when the mouth becomes dry and it becomes easier for bacteria to attack the teeth.
Use an extra-soft or soft-bristled toothbrush.
By means of using these types of toothbrush, the teeth and gums won’t be harmed and abraded. It matters to change your toothbrush when necessary or on a regular basis. Shredded or worn out toothbrush are no longer effective in cleaning the teeth. Be smart in choosing a toothbrush and only purchase the one that is officially approved by the American Dental Association.
Brush your teeth for at least two minutes.
Two minutes is actually the required time to clean the teeth. This way, each tooth is thoroughly cleaned. You may consider using a timer if you are using a manual toothbrush.
Do not brush your teeth more than 3 times per day.
Brushing twice daily is already enough. Take note that brushing too frequently can damage or erode the teeth and gums.
Electric toothbrushes are good alternative to manual toothbrushes.
These are often recommended to people who do not often follow correct brushing techniques. In the same way, these are great options for individuals with physical limitations and find brushing a tough activity.
Have a standard routine for brushing
It is fundamental to brush the teeth in the same order on a daily basis. The reason behind this is that this can especially aid you cover each area of the mouth. This will easily become second nature once you’re able to perform it routinely.
For instance, you may brush the outer sides of the teeth from left to right across the top, afterwards, you may shift to the inside and then brush from right to left. After this, consider brushing the chewing surfaces from left to right. Do the same pattern for the teeth underneath.
As you can see, there are proper ways of brushing. So, do not just brush your teeth for the sake of brushing alone. Learn the proper techniques to keep the gums and teeth clean and in good condition.
Please Call our team on 8237802848 / 020-27041188 or visit Dr Ratnika Agarwal at Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center, Pune Today and get your Dental Check-up today ! We provide all Dental & Cosmetic Treatments for all age groups.
I am having difficulty in taking cold things from right side of my bellow tooths. I am 68 yrs man. Advise. Thanks.
Problem in teeth due to water in Rajasthan. Lightly pain in my teeth always. Due to chloride in water so many problem create in my teeth.
My toothbrush is very normal but some times my teeth is very cold then what is the solution? Please advise.
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
My teeth Will Be Paining When I Drink Cold And I Don't Feel Hungry. I Don't Know Why. Please help me.
I am suffering from tooth pain from last 2 days and my tooth has cavity from last 4 year so, what am I do?
Sir I have my dental problem when I do brush blood was con in small amount please give me solution thanksssss.
My gums open from one teeth and teeth r yellow and more cavity prblm. How can I do my gums strong and out of cavity.
Doctor, am suffering from mouth ulcers am using b complex even though I can't get relief from them whenever they r affected to me. please give me suggestions to get rid from them permanently? Give me some precautions to don't affect with it next time?
Am suffering with sulfur granule discharge from mouth during early morning mouthwash since a month. I heard it is due to actinomycetes. The granule count is 2 to 3. Wat should I do?
Hello, doctor I got a wound inside my mouth and it' s paining heavily. And I got white colour wound inside mouth I have attached pics please help.
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!