Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. P. ElankumaranYour feedback matters!
Water is coming or flowing from eyes from last 4 months one dr. Said due to shrinkage of nurve water comes out from eyes
Astigmatism is a typical vision problem that occurs when the shape of the cornea is distorted due to injuries or other causes. With astigmatism, the lenses of the eye or the cornea curves. This irregular curve can change the way light refracts or passes through your retina. This causes hazy, fluffy, or twisted vision. Farsightedness and partial blindness are two different sorts of issues with the way light goes to your retina. Farsightedness is called hyperopia. Partial blindness is called astigmatism.
Types: There are two types of Astigmatisms. These are:
- Corneal astigmatism: It happens when your cornea itself is distorted.
- Lenticular astigmatism: Lenticular astigmatism happens when your lens is distorted.
Risks: Astigmatism can happen in youngsters and grown-ups. Your danger of creating astigmatism might be higher if you have any of the following:
- A family history of astigmatism or other eye issues like dislocation of the cornea.
- Scarring or diminishing of your cornea
- Excessive partial blindness, which makes foggy vision at a separation
- Excessive farsightedness, which makes hazy close-up vision
- A past of eye surgeries, for example, cataract surgery (surgical expulsion of a blurred focal point)
Symptoms: The side effects of astigmatism include:
- Hazy, Bended, Or Fluffy Vision At All Separations (Close-Up And Far Away)
- Trouble seeing during evening
- Lazy eye
- Irritation in the eye
- Cerebral Pains
- Visual Acuity Assessment Test: Patients are required to read letters from a graph at a particular distance to decide how well they can see the letters.
- Refraction Test: A refraction test uses a machine called an optical refractor. The machine has various remedial glass lenses that are used to read an outline while looking through lenses on the optical refractor.
- Keratometry: Keratometry is a route for your specialist to measure the bend of your cornea. They will do this by taking a look at your eye through a keratometer.
- Corrective Lenses: Remedial eyeglasses and contact lenses prescribed by a specialist are the most well-known and least obtrusive solution for astigmatism.
- Orthokeratology: Orthokeratology is a treatment that uses contact lenses to correct the deformation and flow of your cornea. You will wear inflexible contact lenses for certain time-periods. It is easier to wear them while you are sleeping and remove them during the day.
Surgery: Your specialist may suggest refractive surgery if your case is a serious one. This kind of surgery includes use of lasers or little blades to reshape your cornea. This will correct astigmatism permanently. The three basic surgeries for astigmatism are:
- Laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- Photorefractive keratectomy (PRK)
- Spiral keratotomy (RK).
All these surgeries might carry some risks depending upon the symptoms of your problem. As innovation advances, it is very important for the patient to explore more options before choosing which refractive surgery is a good fit for him or her. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist.
I have swollen in both lower eyelid in every morning after awake and redness also. What will I do to get rid?
Hi have a pain in my stomach from last 6 months usually after the taken meal like oily food What is the reason of this? Some the slight pain in my right side like a pain aches. please give me the solution of this problem and the precautions that I nead to prevent it permanently.
I am 22 year old girl . I am suffering for keratoconus from last 3 year . But know in may I was just done with C3R procedure . Now no complication is there. But due to this disease my eye goes to 6/18 and also it created lot of problem life problem in seeing the object in light .not correct vision even after wearing glass etc. I have done my C3R in less than 400 size of my cornea . Is it possible to correct my vision as my present vision is -6 in both the eyes and only cylinder . Please help me get my vision back so that I can also live a normal life.
I'm 22 years old, from the last few days onwards i'm suffering with eye itching problem. My parents told me that don't rub your eyes when you felt itchy. I'm very much irritating with my problem. What type of precautions I need to take?
Hi. I am 29 years old, my eyesight is blur when ever I look something at a distance. I kindly request you to help me with my problem. Thanking you.
I am using smartphone many times in a days and long time so my eyes are red and I think that I have loosing eye power how can I determine that I am loosing my eye power and is using smartphone for long time is bad for my eyes?
I have Alopecia at back side of my head. I use different medicines for it but did not see any change. What should I do?
Most types of eye sight problems, such as short sight (minus power) or long sight (plus power) can be corrected by these procedures.
The benefits are clear:
• First of all, It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement, if at all needed, can further increase this number.
• LASIK is associated with very little pain due to the numbing drops that are used. The discomfort experienced hardly lasts few seconds.
• Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the next day after LASIK.
• No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
• Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
• After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
The actual procedure:
Basically, Lasik or Laser Vision Correction can be done in different ways. The most commonly done procedure needs a thin flap to be taken from the cornea ( the curved glass like structure which makes the front of our eyes ). This flap making can be done by an automated, very thin, rotating blade (microkeratome) or by a very advanced Laser, called Femtosecond. The femtosecond laser option is the best, but also the most expensive, may not be suitable for all eyes. After creating the flap, the next most important part is the application of excimer laser, which is a must for all Laser Vision Correction procedures.
There are few side effects or complications, but most of them can be prevented by careful preoperative planning or can be overcome by treatment or eye drops after the procedure.