Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P C Mohan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P C MohanYour feedback matters!
I am ten years old I have commuted epilepsy. I treatment of allopathy need to ayurvedic or homeopathy I am child 10 years old so I can consult by online doctor.
My son is 8 yrs old, his mouse stinks whenever he wake up in the morning, very bad smell is coming from his mouth, please tell me any good tooth paste or any other thing that can permanently remove the bad odour from his mouth
My baby is 15 days old, it was c sec delivery. My problem is my milk production is low I'm already taking lactare and perinorm from last 5 days but still it's not improved so much. I'm depressed please help.
My baby is 6 weeks. She does not look at me. But she looks n follows his dad. I feel like emptynes. Is the reason being I lack something .or being c section I was the last to hold her? Does any other pschyology behind.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
Hai sir/madam I have 8 months baby girl she was doing loose motions daily 8 times last 4 days onwards and fruits mango watermelon giving daily and mother feeding giving and kindly give any suggestions.
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight
Hello sir My son Age 14 month. Weight 7 kg He can not sit. When I check him at orthopedic surgeon He says no treatment can do. Sir please tell me what I do M in so tense. Please suggest me.
I have a child his age is 13 years from birth he is affected from spastic some time now he has been taking medicine valparin 500 and oxetol 300 my question is there any side effect?
Mam. Meri beti20month ki uski toilet tiet hoti h aur use dard bhi hota h. Use horlicks ya bornvitta pila skte h. Usko lactalose Avict ka pilaye tb tak thik tha phir use tite toilet ho rhi h kya kre. Please reply me.
My 2.5 year old son is suffering from vomiting and loose motion. Doctor said he has diarrhea. He is eating nothing and seems weak. What precautions should I take for him?
Hi, I am Dr Rajiv Singh. I am a consulting paediatrician in Max, Vaishali. I Have my own clinic in Shipra’s city.
Today I will be talking about a very important aspect of growth in newborn babies. After 6 months the babies are supposed to start on a weaning diet. We need to decide what the best nutrition is for the baby in this period. So, I just give you some simple tips.
- After 6 months of life, you start on semi-solid, mashed blanded vegetables, khichri, your halwas and mashed bananas, soup, juice.
- Remember to keep getting milk out of your nutrition and keep giving proper nutrition to the baby.The baby should have proper nutrition 3 times- morning, lunch, dinner and in-between snackings.
- Remember not to start giving milk with bottles and not to give cow’s milk or any kind of animal milk. If mother is having sufficient breast milk, you can continue to give breast milk or else formula milk.
- Baby should have liking for the food so, for that, you give salt and sugar to taste.
- You can use ample of butter, ghee in the food to make it very tasty.
- Water can be given as much as the baby wants.
- Remember to keep taking milk backwards and keep introducing new foods every one week or so.
- Very important to keep monitoring the baby’s growth during this period. Baby should be appropriately gaining weight according to the growth chart of the baby.
- For any nutrition supplements, you must contact your doctor before starting on any supplementary diet.
- Do not believe in giving animal’s milk or giving through any bottle.
- Try and make interesting scenarios. Try and make the condition and the house very suitable for the baby to enjoy diet food and mother and father should also sit with the baby and spend time, and start giving milk.
Initially you can have fussy babies. They might vomit few times; they might pass undigested semi-solid food which is very normal. So, do not get hassled up. Some babies are sweety, some babies are salty. Keep having a look at their taste and keep changing their diet. This is a very crucial phase in the babies’ growth. Don’t get too anxious that your baby is not eating. Just keep a watch at the growth. If the growth is normal, the baby is taking as per her /his appetite and it may not suit you according to your needs or your desires that your baby should be taking certain amount of diet.
If there are any further queries in this aspect which is my forte, you can always contact me through the excellent application of Lybrate.
If you are experiencing a whizzing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check. Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with a doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Many doctors suggest immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers.