Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. P BalakrishnaYour feedback matters!
I am losing my hair. I try many shampoo but don't effect. So I acpuire a lybert lotion within one month.
Due to gastric having suffocating problem. Is it because of gastric? If yes than what will be the remedies? Thnks (:
How do I increase beard on chicks? I get very less beard on chicks which make me look egly. Please suggest something effective.
My friend has bought a weight loss product biotrim. She was able to loose 3 kg in 2.5 months. She is insisting me to take the product. But I do not prefer taking any medicine. Please let me know the side effects so that I can convince her or anybody that it's not right to rely on product to loose weight. I would like to aware her about the side effects. Product name - biotrim.
Hello doctor, I am jai and I am so thin, I always try to become fat and also take good food but there is no change in my health, I am having a weight 58 for last 3 years, I am getting so frustrate, please help me.
I previously have problem of acne and pimples but now I have no pimple problem but there is pimple holes are on face and problem of open pors any help please.
migraine-: ayurvedic view
Migraine headaches are commonly defined as episodic or recurrent severe headaches, typically of a throbbing or stabbing nature, usually on one side of the head, the neck or behind the eye.
~~migraine pain commonly lasts for about 6 to 48hrs.
~~migraine is triggered by some factors which result in excessive stimulation (constriction and sudden dilatation) of blood vessels in the head.
~~migraine may or may not be preceded by an aura; aura may cause visual disturbances such as flashing lights, zig-zags, sparkles or blurring of a visual field.
~~migraine is associated with nausea, vomiting, dizziness and or cognitive disturbances.
~~patient may also experience chills, sweating, fatigue and weakness etc.
Improper metabolism, suppression of natural urges, anger, jealousy, grief, poor elimination, intake of dry, pungent and salty food, intake of polluted food, mental and physical stress, viewing of tv for long periods, reading with insufficient light, sleeplessness etc.
B. Origin of migraine headaches:
Due to the causative factors, pitta dosha obstructs the flow of vata dosha in the brain, causing throbbing pain.
C. Pain management-:
1. Avoiding the cause and trigger factors.
2. Keeping a diary record of specific foods were eaten, environmental exposure, sleep patterns may help to identify personal trigger factors.
3. Sneha nasya therapy at home-: sneha nasya, instillation of medicated oils to the nostrils by shadbindu tailam or anu tailam yield significant benefits.
4. Apply a paste of freshly ground clay or freshly ground sandalwood to the forehead, let dry, rub off by hand and wash.
5. Mix a quarter teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
6. Add chamomile powder to 1 cup of boiling water. Transfer the liquid to a cup. Drink when hot. It gives fast relief from migraine.
7. Take half glass of carrot juice. Add half glass of spinach juice. Mix well. Drink this juice twice daily.
8. Grind 10-12 grains of black pepper and 10-12 grains of rice with water to make it a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area of the head for 15-20 minutes.
9. Sugar powder 16 parts, vamshalochana 8 parts, pippali (long pepper) 4 parts, ela (cardamom) 2 parts, cinnamon - 1 part. Make fine powder and mix it, keep in tight moisture-free container. Take half teaspoon thrice daily with honey.
10. Aromatherapy- pitta calming aromas typically flower fragrances like lily, cloves, lotus, lavender, peppermint, rose, sandalwood are beneficial.
11. According to Ayurveda virechan (laxative therapy) is an effective way to reduce excess pitta. Castor oil or warm milk with ghee or triphla at bedtime is helpful.
12. Practicing meditation is highly recommended.
13. Morning and evening walk followed by brisk exercise is recommended.
14. Avoid hard physical exertional exercises and aggressive sports competitions.
15. Avoid working for long hours continuously; take short breaks. Have a good night's sleep (8hrs) in a dark room.
~~apple, mango, papaya, cheeku, guava.
~~salad 1hr before lunch, 1hr before dinner.
~~buttermilk, boiled rice sauted with cinnamon, cumin seeds and garlic or asfoetida are good in the daytime.
~~have warm and easily digestible foods, boiled and steamed vegetables, soups, vegetable juices, porridge, brown rice and whole-wheat flour.
~~avoid yogurt, especially at night.
~~avoid refined, oily, spicy, cold, sour foods (fermented, pickled) and stale food, aerated drinks.
~~avoid coffee, tea, alcohol, smoking.
~~avoid cheese, chocolate and wine.
E. Yogasanas and pranayama:
Hastapadasana, setu bandhasana, marjariasana, paschimottanasana, bhastrika and anulom-vilom pranayama.
Note: when suffering from a migraine attack:
~lie down in a dark, quiet place and get some sleep.
~~drink only water.
~~apply hot or cold compresses.
~~ consult doctor