Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Oliver Edmond RodriguesYour feedback matters!
I have had mild fever, body ache and sore throat for 3 days. Now a few tiny red blister like spots have appeared on the skin but not the face. These are painless though. What is happening to me and what should I do/eat.
My penis is not tempering solution? Is there any exercise for that or I have to treatment for that? How much cost of money for treatment?
Bones are quite literally the support system of the body, so it's super important to keep them strong and healthy. Strength is not a goal you achieve in a day, week or month. It is a way more rigorous process that has to go on for years. The growing age of your life matters the most; it is at this point that you can make your bones strong. Bone strength should also be maintained in certain ways. Child or adult, you must aim for both mental and physical strength.
Here are some tips to make deposits in your bone bank for a healthier future:
- Know your family history: As with many medical conditions, family history is a key indicator of bone health. Those with a parent or sibling who has or had osteoporosis are more likely to develop it. So, how's your bone density, grandma? might seem like an awkward question at thanksgiving dinner, but ask anyway before she passes the gravy.
- Boost calcium consumption: When most people think bones, they think calcium. This mineral is essential for the proper development of teeth and bones. But calcium isn't the end-all, be-all bone loss cure. The key might be to help the body absorb calcium by pairing calcium-rich foods with those high in vitamin d. Foods that are good sources of calcium include yogurt, cheese, milk, spinach and collard greens.
- Don't forget the vitamin d: where there's calcium, there must be vitamin d: the two works together to help the body absorb bone-boosting calcium. Boost vitamin d consumption by munching on shrimp, fortified foods like cereal and orange juice, sardines, eggs (in the yolks) and tuna, or opt for a vitamin d supplement. The body also produces vitamin d when exposed to the sun - 10 to 15 minutes of exposure three times per week will do. Vitamin d's importance to bone health has been proven in studies on seasonal bone loss - elderly people can lose more bone mass during the winter because of lack of sun exposure.
- Make exercise a priority: Seriously regular exercise is to keep a number of health issues at bay, and bone health is no exception. In fact, living a sedentary lifestyle is considered a risk factor for osteoporosis. What type of exercise is most effective? weight-bearing exercises like running, walking, jumping rope, skiing and stair climbing keep bones strongest.
- Consume less caffeine: Caffeine does have some health benefits, but unfortunately not for our bones. Too much of it can interfere with the body's ability to absorb calcium. Drinking more than two cups of coffee per day accelerated bone loss in subjects who also didn't consume enough calcium. Also more than 18 ounces of coffee per day can accelerate bone loss by negatively interacting with vitamin d. So enjoy the java, but keep it in moderation and consume enough calcium, too.
- Quit smoking: Here's yet another reason to lose the cigarettes: multiple studies have shown that smoking can prevent the body from efficiently absorbing calcium, decreasing bone mass.
I have cough since 1 months and have fever in that some times also cold and also body pain and also head ache, can you please tell me the real medicine?
My tongue is getting harder which is causing difficulty in speaking due to eating of gutka .but know I have stopped that habit .so will be my tongue become normal again.
I lose an erection quite quickly these days. Especially when we switch positions in bed. I am facing difficulty attaining and maintaining a full erection. I recently got married and i am worried if this affects our relationship.
I am 29 years male suffering with cough and chest congestion for last 12 days. What should i do? Please advise.
Once or twice in a week. I feel pain. In my heart area. For 1 second. It hurts so much. Sometimes I shout. What could this problem be.
Sir I work at high temperature I.e steel melting temperature around 1600 deg centigrade will that effect me in sexual or physical life in future.
Hai my age is 25 single male my problem is. My cock is very small in size. What should I do to get correct size to see.
Please suggest me a medicines for urine infection. Also number of days to consume. And is there any side effect of it?
My health is very weak I eat many fruits but there is no change in my health can you advice me a healthy diet and I also have a problem of acidity. From many years. Help me?
Sir, I am a 63 year male having sugar level of 180 fasting and 240 post meal. What drug in homoeopathy will cure my condition to reduce the sugar level to normal level. Please advice me.
A nasal polyp is a growth within the nasal cavity, which may cause problems with your health. Smaller polyps don't tend to create any problem, but larger ones can cause breathing difficulty, sneezing problems, losing the sense of smell and a dampening of taste as well. Conventional medicine usually prescribes surgery, but homeopathy has effective cures to reduce the polyp and lessen the symptoms over time.
Cures for nasal polyps in Homeopathy:
1. Phosphorus: This medication is especially effective if you have nasal polyps that bleed. This is effective with people who have a tall and slender build and tend to develop a thirst for cold water as the polyp grows within them. The polyps may bleed regularly and also block the nostrils in such a way that they get a circular motion when breathing.
2. Lemna Minor: This medicine is very effective when there is an intense level of nasal blockage and you are experiencing anosmia or a loss of the sense of smell. These kind of nasal polyps tend to worsen during the wet season and can even cause a thick white discharge from the nose which has a foul smell.
3. Calcarea Carbonica: Useful in the cases of people who are overweight, some homeopathic doctors tend to prescribe this medication in cases where a person may be quickly affected by seasonal changes, such as hot to cold or cold to hot weather. Other symptoms where this medication is applicable are:
- Frequent sneezing
- Profuse sweating during the night
- Sore nose
- Small amounts of white discharge
- Nostrils are mostly dry
4. Conium Maculatum: This medication is very effective if you have a dry nose, which seems to get sudden discharges irregularly. Instead of a loss of smell, you may develop a more acute sense of smell. If the patient is suffering from frequent sneezes and complains of nasal blocks in the morning, conium can be an effective remedy
5. Sanguinaria Canadensis: This medicine is know be a great remedy primarily for polyps, which are right sided or occur within the right nostril of the nose. Some of the symptoms where Sanguinaria Canadensis is very effective are:
- Profuse amounts of nasal discharge
- Frequent sneezing
- Swollen nasal membrane
- Right sided headache along with right sided blockage of nostrils