Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. NusratYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife had unwanted intercourse 2 times (30th april n 2nd may). She had take ipill 2 times (on 30th n 5th may). She is now getting frequent uncontrolled urinations. I am very much worried what is happening, please help me.
Hi am 15 weeks pregnant. My doctor as prescribed me to drink milk adding mother horlicks or baby & me powder, am unable to drink 2 times as I feel vomit sensation. So can I drink once milk in the mrng and evening tea or coffee. Is tea or coffee effective during pregnancy.
I have a simple question that does pre cum causes pregnancy? I had an unprotected sex on this sunday! He did not discharge his cum in me infact he did not cum! And im 4 days late on my periods.
The question of whether or not a woman should work out or not when it is the time of the month is one that has been much talked about. Fluctuations in hormone levels that take place during the monthly cycle have a tremendous impact on the level of energy, stamina and the body's response to exercise. The likelihood of getting injured is also different during periods.
Exercising during your period has many positive impacts on the body. Each woman's ability to work out and her response to it are different and hence the workout routine you must adhere to can vary from person to person.
What are the benefits of working out during periods?
- exercising during periods can be effective in alleviating the symptoms that accompany your period at the time such as stress and anxiety.
- loss of body fluids through sweating while doing exercises significantly reduces bloating in the belly.
- exercising can also ensure that there is less cramping and heavy flow during periods.
- endorphins released during exercise functions as a natural painkiller for period pains.
What are the best ways of working out during periods?
Depending upon how your body responds to periods, suitable workout routines can vary from high-intensity training (hit) like running, cycling and heavy lifting to low intensity training (lit) like brisk walking and step aerobics.
Most women opt for light exercises during the first few days of the cycle and then gradually increase intensity, which is advisable for those who are not in the habit of regularly working out. Athletes and sportswomen who train all around the year take to high-intensity workouts that focus on core strengthening and cardio boost.
What exercises should be avoided during periods?
The only kind of workout that should be avoided during this time is yoga that involves any 'inverted pose' that requires a woman to perform partial or complete headstands. These poses negatively impact blood flow and can cause painful heavy bleeding.
Apart from that, when it comes to exercising during periods, the guideline is simple - if you can handle it, you should go ahead and do it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I dnt get periods regularly nd I had sex with my bf in nov and in dec I got periods dis means I am not pregnant I have problem of pcos.
I'm 20, I did not get my periods since march nw my weight has become 60kgs? wat might be the problem please Anyone help.
I am 20 years old. I am not getting periods regularly I did all the things for getting periods. But I failed. I think I am pregnant but I do not want to conceive now as I am still studying. Pls sugest me wt to do.
Mere Ghar pe puja h aur mera period ka date 10th ko h.lekin period 1 se10ke beech kvi v ho sakta h.koi medicine de jisse pehle hi period aa jaye. Pls.
I am having vaginal burning since 10 -12 days, what is d reason behind dis. And hw to get rid of dis?
Can beer be a healthy drink? Despite the common myths surrounding alcohol consumption and the adverse effects that it has on a person in the long run, a controlled and well-balanced intake of beer is not as bad as it would seem.
Here are a few reasons proving that beer can be healthy for you if taken in the right amount and quantity.
- In comparison to other alcoholic beverages, beer is relatively healthier for your kidneys. As a matter of fact, studies show that a bottle of beer can actually reduce the risk of acquiring kidney stones by up to 40%.
- Fiber, as we all know, plays a vital role in digestion. The presence of up to one gram of soluble fiber in just a 30 ml glass of beer (dark beer, in particular) makes the beverage very beneficial for digestion.
- Fiber present in beer can also help reduce the level of LDL cholesterol (a harmful proponent of cholesterol).
- It has been proved that beer is a rich source of various B vitamins like vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- The presence of both nicotinic acid and Lactoflavin in beer makes it an effective cure for insomnia.
- Beer is also helpful in the prevention of blood clots.
- The presence of high levels of silicon in beer is responsible for bestowing a stronger bone density.
- Studies have concluded that beer can also reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack.
- Unlike their non-drinking counterparts, beer drinkers are less vulnerable of experiencing dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
- Because of the presence of certain vitamins, beer has a ton healthy nourishing benefits for the skin.
- Beer is also useful in fighting against stress.
What are the recommended safe limits of Beer?
- Men should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Women should drink no more than 14 units of Beer per week, these units should be spread out through the week and they should have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
- Pregnant women or women trying to conceive should not drink alcohol at all. If they do choose to drink, to minimise the risk to the baby, they should not drink more than 1-2 units of beer once or twice a week and should not get drunk.
- Despite the above people with increased Triglyceride, Uric Acid should be restricted for consumption of alcohol. People with fatty liver patient with other medication for hypertension, etc. also should refrain from drinking.
People with diabetes who drink should follow these alcohol consumption guidelines:
- Do not drink more than two drinks of alcohol in a one-day period if you are a man, or one drink if you are a woman.
- Drink beer only with food.
- Drink slowly.
- Avoid "sugary" mixed drinks, sweet wines, or cordials.
Trying to conceive I am a 25 years married women. My husband age is 32 years. We are trying to conceive from last 8 month. My period is regular and cycle and flow is also normal. My husband had done a test of sperm count which is also normal. My hemoglobin is 12 nd thyroid is also normal. We both can not understood where we are going wrong from last 8 month. Please suggest us.
I am 30 weeks pregnant and two days ago I had gas problem. My doc prescribed pantop and duvadilan. It helped with gas but then I started feeling pain in my naval area. My doc said I had umbilical hernia. It's quite painful in my case but she says it cannot be cured as I am pregnant. Also she examined me internally and says baby has come down a little bit and prescribed rest for two weeks. I have following queries 1. I am doing very less physical activity and mostly lying on bed with pillow under my feet. Can this help in umbilical hernia. 2. I am bothered by the pain at night and cannot sleep properly. Also I am quite afraid of this hernia and how it might impact my baby. Can it be cured on its own. What all shall I avoid or do in order to cure it. 3. My doc says that the pains that I had was not because of gas and should have felt like labour pains. I am not sure how to distinguish the hernia pain and labour pain. Also please let me know how common is hernia during pregnancy? Am I the only one having it or is it a common problem?
Flax seeds prevent Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds contain several beneficial plant compounds:
1. Lignans: Lignans are present in almost all plants, acting as both antioxidants and phytoestrogens. Flaxseeds are the richest known dietary source of lignans. These nutrients function as phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have weak estrogenic and antioxidant properties
Lignans are fermented by bacteria in the digestive system and may reduce the growth of several cancers, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast, uterus and prostate cancers.
They have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome, since they reduce the amount of fat and glucose in the blood.
Phytoestrogens also help lower blood pressure and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the arteries.
2. P-Coumaric Acid: This polyphenol is one of the main antioxidants found in flaxseeds.
3. Ferulic Acid: This antioxidant may help to prevent several chronic diseases.
4. Cyanogenic Glycosides: These substances may form compounds called thiocyanates in the body, which can impair thyroid function in some people.
5. Phytosterols: Related to cholesterol,phytosterols are found in the cell membranes of plants. They have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects in the body.
Flax Seeds are very easy to incorporate into the diet. Grinding them is the best way to make the most of their health benefits.