Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita ChandrasekharYour feedback matters!
I have PCOS and I have gained a lot of weight and am becoming bald. How do I cure this? I keep losing hair and have tried various methods to try and stop hair loss I have gained thus stubborn weight which hardly comes of. How do I reduce weight?
It is very common for women to experience vaginal problems due to the menstrual cycle, birth control methods, sex or aging. Vaginal odor may change according to your sexual health. Sometimes, it is wrongly interpreted as infection or any other problem but it is a naturally existing odor which can also be caused by normal sweating. Nevertheless, an unpleasant vaginal odor can also be indicative of infection, irritation or an overgrowth of vaginal bacteria. Four common reasons of vaginal odor are:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an overgrowth of naturally existing bacteria in the vagina which can occur due to unprotected sex, douching or low production of lactobacilli bacteria. This can cause irritation, itching and makes women more vulnerable to sexually transmitted infection and other complications like preterm birth. Bacterial vaginosis is a very common occurrence for women in their reproductive years and is the primary reason for the vaginal odor in most cases.
2. Poor hygiene
Poor hygiene can be one of the major causes of vaginal odor. In terms of hygiene two common reasons which can cause unpleasant odor are the lack of proper washing and not wearing clean undergarments. Due to the presence of sweat around the genitalia and poor maintenance of hygiene, women often experience bad odor.
3. Forgotten tampon
A forgotten tampon can cause bacterial infection and lead to vaginal odor. The growth of bacteria along with menstrual blood can cause itching and lead to unpleasant smelling vaginal discharge. Sometimes, the infection can spread and cause serious problems like pain in the lower abdomen.
Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted disease which is caused by a protozoan parasite. It can cause a foul smelling odor, soreness, pain while urination and intercourse and also vaginal itching. Pregnant women suffering from this disease are more at risk to deliver premature babies. It can be treated with antibiotics and can be prevented with proper use of condoms.
I would like to ask you which is the perfect time to have sex while ovulation I'm trying for baby since 1.5 year it's 6 day's duration but when exactly we need to do sex and how. Please help me.
I always have unprotected sex with my girlfriend, what are the symptoms of pregnancy except missed periods as pregnancy test kit are showing negative result.
I am pregnant 8 weeks. Previously, I had an abortion in June 2016 (bleeding/no growth of foods find in ultrasound). Now, At this time, following tests is conducted by Doctor (Gyeno). *Antiphospholipid antibody IGG- 38.18 GPL U/ml IGM- 16.66 MPL U/ml *Anti cardiolipin IGG - 41.13 GPL U/ml IGM - 18.01 MPL U/ml Above results are out of range. *Prothrombin Time -12 second *International Normalized Ratio- 1 Above results are in normal range. I want to know that Based on above test results, is there I need blood thinning treatment during pregnancy because Dr. Giving Following treatment to me:- -Ecosprin 75 mg (daily) - Clexane injection, low molecular weight heparin (0.4 ml/40 mg)(daily), both for 8 months. Also, please tell me if bones (me & my baby) becomes weak with blood thinning medicines?
My wife is pregnant and in the first 3 month she was prescribed with 5 mg of folic acid a day and after the completion of 4 month the dose of folic acid has been reduced to 1.5 mg with the iron capsules, so the dose of 1.5mg is sufficient or the dose of folic acide should be increased?
I am not getting pregnant. We do not use any kind of safety such as condom pills etc. What could be reason?
I am 19 years old mam on de 1st day of my periods I suffer a lot. During periods I suffer from uncontrollable stomach ache. In de starting it is normal bt if any medicine is not taken then I have to take 2 injection and now I am taking 3 medicine in a day. I am suffering From this from Last 4 months. Earlier I used to take. combiflam medicine bt after few months it get useless. Periods continues upto 7 days. I used to take ajwine, hot water bag bt at last I not get relief without injection. Whatever de medicine I take after few months it get useless and effectiveness. please tell me something From which I get relief from ache.
Compelling urge to get physical with your partner that is an aberration from what is expected of a person, that is to say usual genital arousal for a phenotypically normal, physically of age and consenting human counterpart, is referred to as Paraphilia or sexual perversion. This condition lives up to the standards of a disabling problem when it hampers the overall health of a person, leads to psychological setback or victimization of another individual (read more for healthy sexual life).
Psychological impacts of going through such a condition
1. The perpetrator of the variation may or may not see this as a condition: The person suffering from this condition may or may not treat it as a problem. In both ways, it is harmful. Knowing it as a problem and not seeking treatment or assistance can be harmful for oneself and others. Not realizing that you are subject to a serious sexual condition might propel you to commit wrong to non- consensual partners while being confident about your ways.
2. Social ostracization kills them: Coming in the open with a sexual fantasy that is not acceptable to the society can leave you with varied reactions. People might be incited to attack you for being unusual or they might isolate you. The latter is a probable outcome. Rarely does society guide you towards betterment in such cases. Social ostracization can result in deep rooted hatred for the world at large.
3. Perpetual humiliation can push them more into Paraphilia: Humiliation for being different from the rest can make a person feel shame. Shame and constant regret cannot help an instance of sexual perversion. It can make a man or woman more obstinate. In such a situation a person would strongly cling to his or her condition feeling extremely dejected.
4. 'To be or not to be' haunts people suffering from Paraphilia: Many times a sufferer is not able to understand what is wrong in having objectionable sexual behavioral tendencies and fantasies. As long as your fantasies are limited to your own mental domain or are performed on a consensual partner, there are no complications. The minute an obnoxious sexual urge is performed leading to personal or public harm, a threatening hitch arises.
5. Problems in expressing oneself can make a person suicidal: To adhere to societal norms a person might keep his desires on a leash. This kind of compromising over a long span of time will make a person depressive and may also prompt him to commit suicide.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
About 15 days back my 33 years old elder sister has gone through an operation. She had an ectopic pregnancy but the Dr. Dint recognized that and due to which the fetus grew in fallopian tube. Due to the growth of fetus the tube burst and they removed the damaged fallopian tube. Kindly advise what all precautions she has to take care and what kind of diet she has to follow? thanks in advance.
My husband masturbating since 10 years. My question is that .does hi able to get me pregnant .and is his sperms are able to produce child .does he become father. please reply as soon as possible.
I got married two years ago. Now we are planning for a baby. How much time we get between two periods to make a baby?
Too tensed need gynecologists help. Sir / Mam I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27th August. After 6 hours she took ipill (ecp) .After 4 days I.e On 1st September she started bleeding and she bleed for 4 days. Then after 21 days of Intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25th September ,2 October and on 9th October. All the test came NEGATIVE. We even did bHCG test on 18th October. The result was <1.2 miU/ml. On 23rd October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. My question is that can we rule out pregnancy now?
I am 27 years old. I got married 8 months ago now we have planned for baby. What should we do for positive result.
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.
Ragi has always been known as a highly nutritious foodgrain, rich in calcium. You might notice the power of ragi when you visit the maharashtrian countryside. Known colloquially as'nachni, a staple diet of these'naachni bhaakris' and'pitla' has been the main reason behind generations of lean yet robust kids.
Finger millet is the english equivalent of ragi. Also, predominantly, used in south india, it is also a rich source of protein, fiber, iron and other minerals.
It is more nutritious than other cereals and has a host of health benefits.
1. Weight loss
Ragi is very high on fiber. Hence, it digests slowly, keeping you full for a longer time and helps you avoid excessive food consumption. This helps you shed kilos and keeps you fit.
The high fiber in ragi helps to clear bowels smoothly everyday and prevents constipation.
Due to its slow digestion rate, ragi helps lower blood sugar levels. Hence, diabetics can enjoy ragi rotis/pancakes without the fear of affecting their sugar levels.
3. Bone strength
Ragi is very rich in calcium. It can be easily substituted for milk (in case of lactose intolerance) to get your daily calcium dose. You can also have ragi flour kanji as a great source of calcium. Ragi porridge can be given to growing children for bone development and to elders to avoid osteoporosis.
4. Gluten free
Ragi is free of gluten which is found in wheat and its products. Hence ragi can be easily taken by gluten sensitive people.
5. Cholesterol control
Highly fibrous, ragi helps control and lower bad cholesterol levels.
Ragi is also rich in iron and hence can be beneficial for people with anemia.
Ragi mixed with milk works wonders for infants. For the elder kids, naachni khakrashighlight the health-conscious man's snack section during tea breaks. There is a huge list of south indian dishes which feature several ragi permutations and combinations (eg. Ragi idlis, ragi dosas, ragi rasam, etc.)
All in all, in the company of ragi, you have no choice but to stay healthy!