Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nivedita ChandrasekharYour feedback matters!
M in physical relation with 2 girls in a gap of 2 months each. Non of them are suffering from hiv or std. They sex only with me. Is there any chance of hiv or std?
I got my period 4 days early. Is that good? I'm 20 and I've had unprotected sex for 2-3 times in the last month, but he did not ejaculate inside me.
I am 20 years I have periods problem among 3 years. I consulted many doctor s to this particular problem. But it was not solved. So pls solve my problem sir.
If you are suffering from nervous diseases, you can choose the Dashamoola Ksheera Dhara therapy as an ideal treatment method. Ksheera Dhara treatment involves the flow of herbal milk in place of oil over your head and body. It is similar to Shirodhara in some ways, but is different as Ksheera Dhara has cooling effects on the body. This therapy is most suitable to be undertaken during the summer and when the weather conditions demand a cooling, relaxing effect on the body. This therapy is indicated when you are suffering from health conditions such as intense stress, and hair and skin problems.
In this process, milk is poured continuously on the forehead and on the body, which cools down the entire system from inside. Ksheera Dhara treatment is very effective in the treatment of headaches, mental irritability and insomnia. The pouring of medicated milk on your body leads to the stimulation of the hypothalamus. It also gets soothed and hence, the functions of the pituitary gland are regulated along with induced sleep. The milk is made to flow at a slow rate over the forehead for a certain duration, specially over the glabellar region along with a mild, stimulating massage. A small cloth is usually tied around your head, above the eyebrows. For the Ksheera Dhara treatment, a traditional bronze vessel known as the “kindi” is used. As the treatment is based on milk, it is referred to as milk treatment.
The Ksheera Dhara therapy relaxes the entire nervous system. This leads to mental calmness and reduction of stress to a great extent. The milk acts as a moisturizing agent and makes your skin healthy and glowing. It is also beneficial for eliminating fatigue, restoring vitality, improving your memory and for establishing dosha equilibrium.
In addition to all these, this therapy also helps in lubrication of the joints, relieving pain, stiffness of muscles and joints, and easing of spasms. It is proven to have benefits in the treatment of several cases of arthritis. Ksheera Dhara is also beneficial in several neurological conditions, in which a burning sensation and numbness are experienced. The entire body gets nourished and rejuvenated as a result of this Ayurvedic therapy.
If you are a healthy person, you can still undertake Ksheera Dhara therapy. Usually the treatment takes about 30 to 45 minutes per session. It is carried out in a course such as 7 days, 14 days or according to the instructions of your Ayurvedic physician.
The human body experiences various types of aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain and various types of these pains include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain.
While somatic pain refers to the pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs. Finally, neuropathic pain is a more long lasting kind, which can be caused by conditions like cancer, HIV or Shingles. The pain can be acute or chronic. Read on to find out more about pain management.
- Somatic Pain: This type of bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics, which treats the area suffering from pain, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of pain.
- Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
- Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants, which usually help in preventing the nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger from this kind of pain. It also impacts the serotonin level and other chemicals in the brain for better nerve pain management and act as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, both in medicated and non-medicated ways, however, the method will depend upon whether the pain is acute or chronic.
Hello, My girlfriend's period got over on 5 July and we had sex on 11 July. She's just 18 and we can't tell this to our parents they'll kill us and she also can't go to any gynecologist Please suggest me how to avoid pregnancy or which medicine to take to avoid pregnancy. Thanking you in advance.
The word "Spearmint" probably reminds you of your favorite chewing gum. However, this special type of mint and has far reaching benefits than just a gum, some known and some unknown. Its value lies in its leaves that are used in many cultures as a part of daily recipes. Apart from that, the leaves are used to prepare a host of products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. They are also used medicinally and are one of the predominant medicines used in Ayurveda. Let us look at some of the benefits of using Spearmint.
Health benefits of spearmint
- Antibacterial Capacity: The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the spearmint can be beneficial in protecting your gums and teeth from cavities. Apart from that, they also take care of your bad breath and dental damages.
- Respiratory Health: Spearmint has a significant impact on the overall health of your respiratory system. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and can relieve sore throats and chest tightness. They are also used in some asthma medicines to ease out the congestion and assist in the breathing process.
- Digestion: If you are facing stomach upset frequently, look no further than spearmint. It is beneficial for digestion and can be great for the overall health of your digestive system. It is also helpful during pregnancy and can prevent morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It also minimizes cramping and bloating.
- Hormonal Balance: For people who are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome or other forms of hormonal imbalance, having spearmint juices can reduce the symptoms. The juice stimulates the endocrine system and prevents complicated metabolic side effects.
- Blood Circulation: Spearmint leaves and juices can also prevent anemia and can be beneficial for proper blood circulation. They also greatly stimulate the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Spearmint leaves can also be beneficial in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and blood.
- Heart Health: Spearmint effectively maintains a healthy blood pressure and relieves the pressure on your arteries. They are also beneficial in controlling your cardiovascular symptoms and relieve the stress on your blood vessels and arteries.
- Stress Relief: Menthol, which one of the most powerful ingredients in spearmint, has a soothing and calming effect on your overall health. It also acts a mild sedative in some cases. Take a cup of hot spearmint tea in case you need a calming effect on your body. It can also significantly reduce the stress levels and can stimulate your nervous system effectively.
For Gynecologists: I am very scared. please help. Please be patient and read the entire data. Sir/Maam I got physically involved with my girlfriend for the first time on 27th august. For precautions she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After four days I.e on 1 September she started bleeding although it was NOT her period date and the bleeding continued for four days. After that with her first morning urine she did four home urine pregnancy test after 21,28, 35 and ,42 days of Intercourse. All the results came NEGATIVE. Her periods had still not started yet. Please tell do we still have to worry about pregnancy and can these test be wrong even after 42 days of Intercourse. We are very tensed. Please help.
Hi, I'm 13 weeks 6 days pregnant. Last day scan kiya mere report mai FHR 153/MIN EFBW 45GMS I'm so worried about baby EFBW 45Gms its normal or not please Dr. give me reply 45 gms kam hai Kay ? 14 weeks mi kitne hona chaiye aur karne se wight normal ho sakta hai please give me rply fast Thanks.
Kegel is named after renowned gynaecologist Arnold Kegel. Kegel exercises are for the strengthening the pelvic floor muscles. You must continue doing Kegel exercises multiple times for several days, to begin to see changes and benefits.
1. It is a highly recommended treatment for urinary incontinence
2. Works well in case of decreased bladder control
3. Strengthens pelvic muscles
4. Relieves abdominal cramps
5. Helps in pelvic toning
6. Prevents organ prolapse
7. Beneficial to those with constipation as kegel exercises help regulate bowel movements
Kegel exercises during pregnancy
During pregnancy, most women suffer from problems related to constipation, which can be kept in check by regular practice of kegel exercises. The strengthening of pelvic muscles is of utmost need during this time, as weakened muscles can lead to a major prolapse if they are unable to bear the weight of a baby. Strong pelvic muscles are required to have a healthy pregnancy. These exercises are useful in preparing the muscles for labour and childbirth. If you notice occasional leakage of urine during the third trimester, it is a warning sign of losing bladder control, which, if left untreated, can worsen during the post partum period. Regularly exercising can help prevent complications occurring due to pregnancy.
How To Do Kegel Exercise During Pregnancy?
Try to stop the flow of urine when you are sitting on the toilet without tightening your abdominal, buttock, or thigh muscles. When you're able to successfully start and stop urinating, or you feel the vaginal muscle contract, you are using your pelvic floor muscle, the muscle you should be contracting during Kegel exercises.
You can do Kegel exercises two ways: either by holding or quickly contracting the pelvic floor muscle. To do slow Kegels, contract the pelvic floor muscle and hold for three to 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat up to 10 times. To do fast Kegels, quickly contract and relax your pelvic floor muscle 25 to 50 times. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the set up to four times.
Squatting: Squatting is helpful during labor because it opens the pelvic outlet an extra quarter to half inch, allowing more room for the baby to descend. But squatting is tiring, so you should practice it frequently during pregnancy to strengthen the muscles needed.
How to do Squatting? An exercise called a wall slide is especially helpful. Stand with your back straight against a wall, place your feet shoulder width apart and about six inches from the wall, and keep your arms relaxed at your sides. Slowly and gently slide down the wall to a squatting position (keeping your back straight) until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold the position for five to 10 seconds, slowly slide back to a standing position. Repeat five or 10 times.
Pelvic Tilt: What is it? Pelvic tilts strengthen abdominal muscles, help relieve backache during pregnancy and labor, and ease delivery. This exercise can also improve the flexibility of your back, and ward off back pain.
How to do Pelvic Tilt? You can do pelvic tilts in various positions, but down on your hands and knees is the easiest way to learn it. Get comfortabe on your hands and knees, keeping your head in line with your back. Pull in your stomach and arch your back upward. Hold this position for several seconds. Then relax your stomach and back, keeping your back flat and not allowing your stomach to sag. Repeat this exercise three to five times. Gradually work your way up to 10 repetitions.
These exercises can yield great benefits with minimal effort. The exercises require no special equipment except comfortable clothes, and a little space to do them.
Do not worry if you are not close to the goal when you begin. Pelvic muscles are like any other muscles in your body. They will become stonger only with time, consistency and mindful work.
Beware: If you sense any pain in your back or abdomen after doing a Kegel set, it is a sign of you not doing them properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.