Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitin Shetty
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitin ShettyYour feedback matters!
3 days before my one upper tooth was removed. But both the tooths on both sides of removed tooth are little paining while chewing something.
I am suffering from mouth and tongue burning. And dryness full day. Not able to eat spicy hot and salty food. My teeth is very sensitive.
One and a half months back I got 2 right hand side top tooth removed since then pain starts from the place wherefrom tooth was removed and entire right side of my face upto eyes keeps paining for all day. I met a general physician and he gave metrogyl ge and betadine mouth was. I saw 2 dentists one gave flozen plus and another gave mobizox morning and evening but it does not help. My dentist asked me to see a neurologist and gave neurobion g. I took it for 10 days and do not know whether it helped or not. Only warm water with salt reduces the pain for some time. What medicine should I take?
Mere Baye side k dant aur masude me dard ho raha h sir kya Karun Sir koi dawa bataye Pleas Main paan masala khata hu.
Dear sir- I am 42 years old and suffering with ulcers in mouth. Its very painful. I drink one ltr water to clear my stomach but after that my gastric problem is not being sorted out. Some doctors says your body is generating acid nd heat. Please give some solution to overcome this problem. Taking rabifast xl nd random rd sometimes.
Most of the teeth in my mouth, I feel it's loose and shaking. I have this sensation every time after eating hard food like roti, chikki etc. Is it a problem?
I am getting bad smell from my mouth after eating anything and my teeth are moving and painful sometimes.
Unlike other teeth which erupt at specific period of time, the wisdom teeth, in normal adults, erupt anytime from late teenage years to adulthood. The refined food habits in the recent times have reduced the need for a third molar. Also, our jaw sizes have reduced with evolution, and oftentimes, there is less space for these to erupt completely, causing their impaction. The chances of infection developing within the tooth and in the surrounding tissues is very high, requiring removal. Before you go ahead with removal, know the following four things.
- Get a buddy: In addition to the effects of anesthesia, there also would be moderate pain and discomfort, depending on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always best to have someone accompany you for the visit. This also helps you reach home safely without having to drive.
- Numb tongue and lips: The wisdom tooth removal is done under a local anesthesia where the entire quadrant is numbed before the procedure. Therefore, the chances of chewing on the tongue and the lip are quite high. Be careful to consciously avoid this as there are a lot of people who do not feel pain, but continue to chew on the tongue or lip and end up with injuries.
- Pain Management: Once the effect of anesthesia wears off, the pain will slowly set in, and will depend on how traumatic the extraction was. It is always advisable to take a pain killer before the anesthetic effect wears off, usually 30 to 40 minutes after the extraction process is over.
- Diet: For the first couple of days, stay on a completely soft diet with nothing spicy, hard, or hot to eat. One of the best things to have after an extraction is an ice cream, which can be continued for a couple of days after the extraction. Yogurt, smoothies, milkshakes, mashed vegetables and well-cooked rice are all good food choices.
- Smoking: If you have had an extraction, avoid smoking for at least a week. The negative pressure created during smoking can dislodge the clot that is formed in the tooth socket. This can lead to a complication called dry socket, which can be very painful. Avoid smoking at all costs, especially with wisdom tooth extractions.
- Postoperative follow-up: Based on the complexity of the extraction, a postoperative follow-up would be required. Be prompt in following up with your dentist for suture removal, check on socket healing and postoperative irrigation of the surgical site. Resume routine oral hygiene practices as recommended by the doctor.
Wisdom tooth removal requires a little extra caution as compared to a normal extraction, the ideal thing to do is to follow your dentist’s advice.