Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NitinYour feedback matters!
No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Read on to find the real facts about sunscreen:
- Putting sunscreen on your skin once is enough to protect you throughout the day: Most people apply sunscreen only once before heading out of the house, and don't reapply it again throughout the entire day. Contrary to popular belief, this does not provide protection for the entire day as most sunscreens lose their effect with time. To ensure that your skin remains protected you need to reapply sunscreen once every 2 hours, and once every 40-80 minutes if you are engaging in activities like swimming and exercising.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or you are when indoors: Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
- Waterproof sunscreens won't wash off: Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply it at regular intervals if you are pursuing water sports like swimming or are the kind who washes their face frequently. When a sunscreen is typified as waterproof, it actually means that the composition of the sunscreen makes it suitable for functioning for a maximum of 1 hour and 20 minutes under water. Moreover, sunscreens containing a 'water-resistant' label can bear water immersion up to at most 40 minutes.
So, irrespective of whatever the label of the sunscreen mentions, you need to reapply sunscreen every hour to protect your skin effectively.
I'm 24 years old. My stomach doesn't work properly. When I take some food, I feel burden on my heart. How does I digest my food?
Hello sir Jab mai night me sota hu to aksar kuchh Galt dreams ko dekhakar night fell ho jata Aisa week me lagbhag 2 - 3 baar ho hi jata hai . Iska koi upaay hai apke pass AGR hai to btaye or mera name gupt rakhe
its been more than 1.5 years now and we could not see much relief for her and her knee and back pains. She was facing this problem since she was 32 but was at minor stage but now its very hard for her to walk and sit in one position for more than 5 to 10 minutes. So we are now looking for some solution to her problems.
Hi I'm a male please tel me which face wash should I use to get or look fairer and have Clear and beautiful skin please help me please tel me which face wash or face scrubs should I use to get or look fairer or get fair skin please tel me plz.
I am 52 yrs old male.Have DMM_II,HTN,BPH.On medication- MetforminSR 500mg BD,Glimiperide 01mg OD,Envas 5mg OD, Amlodepine 05 mg OD,natilyx SR 1.5 mg OD,Ecospirin 75mg HS,Atorvas 10mg OD,Tamsulosin 0.4mg HS.BP remains around 130/95 m Hg,Sugar- F-below 110mg,PP,below 140 mg with medication.Without medication BP-160/110,Sugar 116mg,PP - 166mg. Present complaint Icreased urination,Thirst,hunger. Pleasae advise to get rid of symptoms. Is not that i am over prescribed? or these all medicine are necessary?
I have a very good hair growth but from last 3 years I am getting white hair but my age is 23 can I know the reason.
Sir, I have a serious issue of hair fall. Can you please suggest me some remedial treatment? I shall be grateful to you.
I want to gain weight and I try to eat much for it. But I don't find any benefit. So please suggest me what should I eat to gain more weight.
I am having boil on my stomach area. M not sure if it a boil or not. Because I have experienced 3-4 of them in the past 2 weeks. Kindly guide me what should I do.
Beer belly is a word that is used to describe a fat tummy that results from excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks. In case of any alcohol drink, the liver tends to burn alcohol instead of fat which leads to bigger tummies. Basically, if the calorie intake is higher than calorie expenditure, then fat tends to accumulate in the body.
Now if you want to turn that beer belly into six pack abs, then you need to follow these rules:
- Limit carbohydrate consumption: This means you have to cut down on sugar and starch based foods such as refined flour, aerated drinks and anything that has sugar in it. Follow a strict diet that focuses on limited amount of whole grains. Avoid simple carbohydrates which tend to spike blood sugar levels and aid in fat accumulation. Reduce your portion sizes to decrease your overall calorie consumption.
- Eat fiber: Increase fiber consumption as fiber is beneficial for losing fat. It helps in you feeling fuller and thus, eat less. Fiber also reduces the chances of various life threatening diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and bad cholesterol levels in the body. Eat foods that are rich in fiber such as beans, lentils and broccoli.
- Weight training: Weight training helps in losing body fat by increasing muscle mass in the body. Muscle burns calories at rest, so more muscle means more calorie burnt. Weight training also increases your metabolism which means your overall calorie expenditure will increase significantly. If you don't have access to a gym then combine bodyweight exercises such as pushups, squats and pull ups in a circuit. A sample workout circuit would be 20 push up, 20 squats and 5 pull ups one after the other. Rest for a minute and then repeat the circuit 5 times.
- Cardio: Cardio is very important in losing fat from all over your body. Opt for HIIT (high intensity interval training) instead of steady state cardio like jogging at the same pace over a period of time. Too much steady state cardio increases cortisol levels in the body leading to muscle loss. Instead focus on HIIT which means you do an exercise at full throttle for a short period of time such as 30 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds and then to another exercise for 30 seconds. Repeat the procedure for another 10 minutes. This method keeps your metabolism elevated for 48 hours after your workout.