Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nishat Sulthana KhayoomYour feedback matters!
I have to appear in a medical exam after 22 months in which the minimum distance vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction of glasses. But few days I had an eye check and doctor said my vision is 6/6 but he told me to wear glasses with -0.50 cyl in both eyes. Will I qualify the medical or is there a need of operation to correct the defect?
My eyes look pake yellow in colour and when I waje up from sleep they look giant red what is the problem behind it. Water flows from eyes too. Can you please help me to identify and prevent this problem.
Meri eye ball ke sath Jo white space hai woh sari red hai kya who for se white ho jayegi ,kitne dino tak.
I Have The Problem In My Eyes Whenever I Sit Near The AC, I Get A Severe Pain In My left Eye and get A Very hectic Headache.
I am suffering from cold and headache from last 9 days and colour of my eyes had become red and they itches and my nose is continuously flowing and it also itches.
Sir/mam. My health is good but my face become continuously thin and dull. I have tried so many things for chubby cheeks or for fatty face bt nothing works. It makes me looks older but I am only 20 years old. My eyes having dark circles and puffiness around my eyes. Please suggest me something which makes my face look younger and gain some fat on my face without gaining fat on my body.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.