Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NishaYour feedback matters!
Im 22 years im eating 1 carrot nd drinking glass of lemon juice daily in the morning after washing my teeth. Is there any advantage or disadvantage in taking these items in the morning. Please tell sir.
I am 30 yrs old. Can i go for braces at this age and how long it takes to get it and how much do they charge?
By an sirius accident I lost my front one teeth and also injured on right side of the face after recovery of face it cause little change in shape of cheekbone and eye position sir it can be reshaped.
Hello sir or mam, I want to ask about my teeth related problem. I am suffering from pain because of it. I think it is some muscular pain.
Sir from last 6 months I have problem related to throat because of the acid reflux problem whenever I am eating food I comes back from mouth with bitter test will you please suggest me what to do in this problem thanks.
Mai ab gutkha nahi khata lekin tobaco use karta hu. Ab mera muh kam khulta hai. Keval do ungli muh me jaati hai. Koi upay our medicine bataye.
Sir, I am 25 years old male. I have toothache since last 6 months. Now I found a cavity in the corner tooth. And it may gives a bad smell to mouth. Sir, if there is any easy solution available, then pls tell me. Regards,
I am 20 years old boy, I am suffering from teeth pain, I have cavity in my tooth from last 1 year so now what can I do.
My sense of taste sometimes became neutral I mean I can't tell the difference between sweet, sour it's like tasteless. I consult to a doctor who done my ct scan but no results come up. Can it be brain related problem it happens once or twice in 3 to 4 months.
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.