Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NisargaYour feedback matters!
My daughter (7 years) is suffering from adenoids. We found this problem in the age of 3-4 years and suggested to wait for another two years. She had no problem during these 2 years. From last month onwards she was suffering from ear pain and now doctor says to go for surgery. Request you to kindly suggest is there a remedy without surgery or still shall we wait for some years?
My son is 3.5 months old and has a lot of gas in stomach. I want to know that I am breastfeeding and is this problem is due to my diet . Is the health of baby depends on the diet of mother. Kindly suggest me proper diet so that gas will not pass from me to the baby stomach.
My child baby girl aged 2.6 weight is 11 kg. But her birth weight was 1.6kg. She is 32 week born. Is her weight is Ok according to her age. And now she started going pre- school and usually caught by cold n cough. Sometimes with fever and without fever. Her cough (not dry) persist for 8 - 9 days. What extra supplements and food should I give to her?
I have twins boy born on 12/12/2014. but one of them is week from birth time. Now its weight is 6 kg and mitrajan's weight is 9kg. We test his blood and hemoglobin is found 7% only.He toilet 3 to 4 time in a day in liquid-solid form. So he don't get enough energy from food. Kindly help me.
My son age is 2.9 years but he is not gaining the weight currently he is only 10 kg.what should i do?
My ward (child) is 13 year old having weight 26 kg only. His growth (both weight & hight) is not not normal as per age. His diet is (one chapati in lunch & dinner) very less & feel uneasy if try to eat more. Please suggest what shold I do? I am very anxious for my ward health.
My daughter is 5 years old. She is fit normally but she is often got cough and cold. Normally during rainy days. We have consulted many physicians and they often say that she suffer from dry cough or whooping cough. Is there any cure for her? Please give a suggestion I am waiting for your reply.
Yes I try to give her solid food. But she spits it out. I can't give a big mouth rice. 4 to 6 grains of rice that's all she chew. More quantities if I give her she spit it out. She doesn't want to eat bread, cheeses curd and many more things if I give her. Even banana I have to fed her. If I ask her to hold the banana she will. Never do that. What should i do for her?
My son two and half year old. Good weight and height. But in this age he have dark circle around eyes. I also have dark circle from my childhood. Let me y this coming and way to cure.
My new born kid age 7weeks was not went motion for 3days and he crying early morning past 3days maybe due to stomach pain. Wat to do now.
My baby is 25 days old and has 9.41 bilirubin. She took phototherapy two week before when level was 17.7 but it came down to 6 and now again is at 9.41.Should I stop breast feeding. Please suggest.
Causes of Eczema:
The specific cause of eczema remains unknown, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of hereditary (genetic) and environmental factors.
Children are more likely to develop eczema if a parent has had it or another atopic disease. If both parents have an atopic disease, the chances increase further.
Environmental factors are also known to bring out the symptoms of eczema. These include:
- Irritants - soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, juices from fresh fruits, meats, or vegetables
- Allergens - dust mites, pets, pollens, mold, dandruff
- Microbes - bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus,viruses, certain fungi
- Hot and cold temperatures - hot weather, high and low humidity, perspiration from exercise
- Foods - dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, wheat
- Stress - it is not a cause of eczema but can make symptoms worse
- Hormones - women can experience worsening of eczema symptoms at times when their hormone levels are changing, for example during pregnancy and at certain points in their menstrual cycle.
My son weight is not increasing for last 4 months sir. Could any body please suggest any tips to increase the weight. My son age is 22 months.
Hi my son is 1 month old and he vomit milk frequently after every mother feeding. Kindly give me solution sir.
Doctor my baby was born through force delivery with a good weight of 3.4kg, on 17th of January. Now he is 23 days, but for a few days I am observing that he feeds a lot, like continuously for 2-3 hours, and doesn't stop till the time he falls asleep. If stopped he cries continuously, doesn't stop. He also has disturbed sleep. I am worried what is happening to my baby, why he cries so much. Kindly help.
My daughter is 3 years old. And she's experiencing toothaches at her age. She have dental caries. Some says she is lack of calcium because when I'm still pregnant of her, I drink coffee instead of milk, and I don't take vitamins. Is it normal for her to have dental caries?
My daughter had met with an accident at the age five had injured in righ side forehead, now she is nine years old, scar is now more visible looking odd, kindly suggest a remedy for this? Is plastic surgery is advisable?
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.