Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Niroop KYour feedback matters!
I am male 19 years old I am having burning sensation while urinating for the past few months. What shall I do?
Yesterday night it was like my head is tied up with 4 heavy rocks. It was so heavy and I was feeling giddy. In the morning when I checked my bp it was low (110, 75).
Physical intimacy is a healthy sociobiological concept. It is a primary human need and we all are aware of it. However, it is linked to cultural norms, expectations and behaviour. In many societies, talking about sex is still a taboo and talking about sexual problems is simply out of question. Many people even in modern societies feel embarrassed to discuss their sexual behaviour, preferences or issues. The fact is that a sexual problem is just like any other normal issue requiring a medical and psychological intervention. Neglecting such issues not only impacts one’s health but also happiness and relationships.
- Sex problems can be experienced by both men and women. In men, inability to hold, premature or delayed ejaculation and impotence causes a lot of distress. In women, anxiety and fears impact negatively on their sexual behaviour. Apart from this, women may experience pain and discomfort during sex or a complete lack of desire for sex.
- Sexual abuse or an unpleasant sexual experience can deeply affect a person’s ability to view sexuality as healthy and positive. Such traumatic experiences affect a person’s desire for sex as well as his/ her ability to perform. Thus, emotions play a pivotal role in sexual behaviour and need to be addressed with a lot of sensitivity.
- Sex therapy is an intervention which deals with the sensitive issues surrounding sex problems through one to one counselling. The powerful sexual energy if not channelized well can cause a lot of personal and emotional problems. Thus, it is highly advisable to discuss the problem with someone knowledgeable, trustworthy and sensitive.
- Sex therapy is a right platform to express one’s issues pertaining to sexual dysfunction as it promises a highly professional and confidential service. The role of a sex therapist is to help individuals understand their problems from a different perspective and initiate interventions to remove their own barriers to achieving a happy and fulfilling sexual life.
The principle force behind this therapy is self help. Thus, partners are empowered to understand and deal with their own issues with the help of an expert who acts as a guide and facilitator. Many times, couples with sexual problems start drifting apart and losing feelings of love and intimacy. Such partners fight over no issues and are unable to deal with their growing intolerance and disconnect.
A sex therapist can look at relationship issues and help couples resolve some of their differences thus restoring a positive relationship, so vital for a healthy sexual life. Sex therapy is undoubtedly a safest and best way to discuss your difficulties, fears, anxieties, desires and even fantasies. Distressed over a sexual issue, seek help, check out a trained sex therapist in your area! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.
Hello sir, lately I've been having a tingling and slightly painful sensation on my right testicle upon touching I found a swollen nerve just on top/behind the testicle. The urine colour tends to change yellow at times with pungent smell. The pain sometimes shift to the other side of testicle as well. please do advise as its causing irritation. I'm a athlete should I stop exercising.
I want to increase my sex stamina as much as long time, please give me some permanent solution for same.
My age is 19 years I am a male. I get. To the point. I am suffering from from a disease which all doctors call IBS (irritation bowel syndrome. I frequently experience loose motions and cramps in stomach. It has been 2 years since I am ill. No medicines seem to help me even 1 percent. They say that this disease is related to mental stress but I do not take stress that much and my condition is not improving even a single bit. Please help me. The quality od my stool is less solid than normal (semi solid. I get cramps and pain in stomach while in toilet and every now and then. Please suggest me something. All doctors say its IBS. But somehow their allopathy treatment doesn't help me.
My vitamin d is 9.2, so what's can I do to increase vitamin d and which fruit aur vegetables can I use to increase vitamin d please suggest.
Hi. I'm 31 years old. I'm unmarried. I never had sex with any girl. I noticed that my penis is not getting full erection.
I am 26 years old I have asthma problem for last 22 years I have got checkup done in rajasthan, bangalore but till nothing happened. Please suggest.
I have PCOD and have high thyroid and prolactin too. I am taking the prescribed medicines and also doing exercises daily. Should I have a specific diet where I cannot eat all sort of foods? Or I can eat all sorts of foods like spicy ones or junk foods sometimes. What sort of foods should I prefer and what should I avoid in my diet? Please advice me.
One of my relative have recurring problem of blood with stool over the past couple of years, hes is around 54 years. 2-3 days back he had similar problem along with vomiting, blood also coming out during vomiting. Your doctrine please.
Doctor, I am 18 year old, I do masturbate every night. Bcoz I can not control myself. please tell me how to stop my masturbate habit.
I am having constipation from almost 25 days. I pass brownish stool thrice in a week. Sometimes fresh blood also comes with it. What should i. Do.
I have been suffering from high fever for a few days and even after taking several medications like crocin it is not working. What should I do? Help me!
Depression is considered the common cold of all mental health issues and can strike in varying levels due to causes like pressing circumstances, problems in one's personal life and relationships, hormonal changes and other long-term, chronic health conditions. Your intimate relationships are also subject to dejection when physical ailments enter the picture. Erectile dysfunction is one such area that creates depression. This is basically a condition that men suffer from. Due to this condition, a man is not able to get and hold an erection long enough to enjoy the act of sex. This can be caused due to related physical problems as well as stress. It can also lead to depression and problems in one's relationship due to anger, frustration, hopelessness and sadness. Here are a few ways to deal with depression caused due to erectile dysfunction.
- Recognising the Symptoms: The very first thing to do is to come out of denial and recognise the symptoms that are caused by this kind of depression. Usually, any long-term or chronic problem can lead a person to look at himself or herself as a hopeless case. This can cause symptoms like dejection, a negative attitude towards everything and sudden outbursts of anger and frustration which may crop up in other areas of the patient's life. Since this is an intimate problem that one cannot discuss with everyone, the problem of depression gets all the more challenging. In such cases, the best thing to do is to be aware of the symptoms.
- Getting help: Simply being aware of the symptoms is not enough that is merely the first step. One will need to go ahead and do something about the symptoms. Visiting a sexologist or a sex therapist is the next step. With the help of therapy and discussions, the patient and the doctor can actually reach the root cause of the issue and help in realigning the attitude and thinking of the patient to come out of stress that is creating the issue, or to deal with medical repercussions of the issue in a more stable manner.
- Psychotherapy: One of the foremost methods used by most therapists includes psychotherapy that can help in unravelling the cause and finding a way to cope with the problem in a way that is focussed on discussions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy: This form of therapy examines all aspects of the person's life and reality so as to find the cause of the problematic behaviour and reprogram the brain of the patient with great deliberation.
- Antidepressants: While some medications can affect sexual functioning, there are antidepressants that do not have major sexual side effects. Please consult a Psychiatrist and discuss on this option too.
Tackling depression and erectile dysfunction is a matter of striking a fine balance with professional help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.