Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala GuptaYour feedback matters!
Had sex on 1st april (condom+pill) and on 4th (condom. She got brownish bleeding on 8th. Took urine test (negative result). Then took help from gynecologist- she took ultrasound on 9th april. Reports are negative but. Their is a layer of 12mm-14mm. Their is no pregnancy ring. But she is bleeding. Is she pregnant? She is not regular in periods. Dr. Said her eggs are not perfectly developed and her uterus and ovary are sticked together because of it she may get problem on pregnancy. I want to know weather she is pregnant or not. Her last period date is 19th march. Help me.
Hi. Does Estradiol valerate interfere with ovulation. I'm trying to conceive with clomid, metformin. And ev 2 mg from 5th day once in day. Is this dosage correct r not?
I took five unwanted 72 tablets in one month after an hour having sex every time. Can I become pregnant?
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 26 years old girl, today I have safe sexed by using condom, and in my vagina there is too much pain ,while going to pee it also pain, just like there is cut here. Can you please tell me how to get remedy of this pain, or is there is any cream available in the market.
Curd is a staple in every household in India; whether it is served with piping hot parathas or by itself after a meal. The simple food item is packed with a number of nutrients and helps in increasing the health benefits in your body.
Here are a few reasons why you should be eating curd, almost every day:
- Probiotics help in digestion: Curd, being rich in probiotics (good bacteria), improves digestion as it kills all the harmful bacteria in the digestive tract and aids the proliferation of good bacteria. Probiotics also help in the prevention of various digestive issues such as cramps, bloating and abdominal pain caused due to Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Promotes weight loss around the belly: A hormone called cortisol, also called the ‘stress hormone’ persuades the fat cells to produce more fat around your belly area. Consuming a cup of curd daily increases the amount of calcium in your body which limits the release of cortisol, thus, helping you lose weight. Curd also retains one-third of lean muscle mass which helps you maintain your physique post those dropped kilos for a longer time.
- Curd strengthens your immunity system: A cup of curd is loaded with good bacteria which is essential for fighting off germs, thereby making your immune system stronger and more persistent. Making curd a part of your daily diet is a great idea as it is effective in preventing yeast infections around the vaginal area.
- Toughens up your skeletal system: Like all dairy products, curd is rich in calcium which is necessary for strong bones and teeth. Apart from calcium, curd is rich in phosphorous and together, they quicken the bone growth process and helps in preventing arthritis and osteoporosis.
- Helps in improving cardiovascular health: Eating curd helps in improving cardiovascular health as it discourages the spread of cholesterol around the arterial area, thus, reducing the risks of a coronary disease. Curd reduces hypertension which is a pre-cursor to most heart ailments. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Dear Doctor, Pregnancy test is +ve, it's thru IVF, FET transfer done (3 day 8cells grade 2) on 16th july, LMD 24th June. Have done SONOGRAPHY today 26/9/2016 CRL MEASURES 5.2 cms corresponds to 12 weeks 5 days SINGLE INTRAUTERINE GESTATIONAL SAC NOTED WITH FOETAL POLE IS SEEN OS CLOSED OVARY NORMAL NO FREE FLUID IN CULDESAC Taking doxinate @nyte Rantac twice daily Progynova thrice -(2-2-3) daily which gt STOPPED AT 12TH WEEK Crinone gel - twice Susten injection on every 4th day When to stop progesterone support?
Is there any check up for check fertility in females. I am not married but had unprotected sex several times but never got pregnant I had a doubt over my fertility. So I want to go through a proper check up to know whether I can get pregnant or not before getting married.
Yesterday night during intercourse my condom got burst. So I gave my wife option 72 1.5 mg in order to avoid pregnancy. Is it enough or do I need to do something else in order to avoid pregnancy? Her last month date was 20th December and next month expected date is 16th January. Please kindly guide us.
Diabetic nephropathy refers to kidney damage caused by diabetes. Though this does not affect all diabetics; if left unchecked, it could cause kidney failure. In fact, this is one of the leading causes of chronic kidney disease and long-term kidney complications.
Diabetic nephropathy is marked by the destruction of blood vessels inside the kidneys. This is caused by high blood sugar concentration in the individual’s blood. Smokers and people suffering from cholesterol and hypertension are at a higher risk of suffering from this disease. If noticed early enough, this condition can be reversed and permanent kidney damage can be prevented. However, the disease does not have any noticeable symptoms in its early stages. As the kidney function deteriorates, patients may begin to experience swelling in the legs and feet. Some of the other symptoms patients may experience include loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, nausea, insomnia and weakness.
To diagnose this condition, doctors must rely on urine tests known as albumin urine tests. What they will be looking for is the presence of a protein known as albumin in the urine. The presence of this protein indicates that the kidneys are unable to filter blood properly and hence are damaged. This test is usually advised to be taken once every year. In addition, it is also advisable to have a creatinine test every year to check how well your kidneys are functioning. Regular check up of diabetes blood test, eye check up for Diabetic Retinopathy is also done for knowing the damage in kidney as cell of retina and kidney are same.
Treatment for this condition focuses on lowering the patient’s blood pressure and reducing damage to the kidneys. This can be done by a combination of Angiotensin II receptor blockers and ACE inhibitors or Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. Patients may need additional medication to resolve accompanying cholesterol issues. NSAIDS such as ibuprofen should be avoided as they can stress the kidneys and cause further damage. In addition, it is also essential to bring the patient’s blood sugar levels under control. Limiting the protein intake and increase the intake fresh fruit and vegetable consumption can also help treat this condition. Patients should also limit their salt intake.
Diabetic Nephropathy can be prevented. The best way to do this is by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and taking your blood sugar medication regularly. As long as your blood sugar is stable and your blood pressure does not increase too much, you will have a low risk of diabetic nephropathy. Maintaining a healthy weight with the help of regular exercise can also help prevent this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!