Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala B.MYour feedback matters!
Hi, am married with one kid. We have been planning for another kid for last two years and have failed. After series of examination, x rays and sonography doc says my wife's tubes are blocked. We also tried to do few treatment as suggested by doc to open up the tubes but no results. Can you recommend any herbal medicines to open up the tubes and clear the system which can help conceive.
We are looking for my wife's ear piercing. She is 35 & looking for another 2 pairs of piercing above the regular ear lobe piercing and at the cartilage. We have the following queries: 1.What is the method of piercing: needle or gunshot or laser; & what is more healing friendly 2.Can it be done painless using some anesthetics; which method is more healing friendly 3.What is the healing period? Any precautionary or after care medicines required for healing (to avoid septic or keloid) & pain 4. Is it advisable to do both the post a time or need to have a waiting period in between? Do we need to carry the earrings for the piercing appreciate your advice.
Hiii, I am new married. Sir her monthly time is date 21 and this time see is not feel better bcoz her monthly time is not regularly. So suggest me what I do?
Hello I am jyothi sudheer. I am 22. My weight is 79 and height is 5.5. And I am suffering from thyroid and pcod. For thyroid I am taking 75 mcg and for pcod I am using metformin. I want to loose weight. Within 3 months I have to reduce 15 kgs pls suggest me the high protein diet and low carbohydrates diet. Pls. I want high protein diet chart.
Hello doctor, I am 23 years I am 14 days late for my menses my usual cycle is of 40 days my last date was Jan. 17 and I had my last intercourse on 25th of Feb. 201. My blood and urine hcg taken on 4 March came negative. Am I pregnant?
Hello Doctor, I want to ask you for my Girlfriend, She is 22, she is a Occasional Drinker, 3-4 times in a week, she has not became regular with her menstrual cycle, her cycle is very irregular. Sometimes it takes 2 or 2.5 months. And when she is in her period then she feels so much pain, she was also complaining about the amount of flow, it use to be very large. And her cycle time is also very long sometimes it takes 10 days also, I'm so much worried about her irregular cycle, Can you explain me the possible reasons behind her problem? And one more thing she vomits almost everyday when she is in periods, she also feels so much pain in her stomach and in her legs that she can't even move and she need to do compulsory bed rest. So please can you explain the possible reasons behind her situation? And what can be possible solutions? It will be great help from you doctor.
I am 25 years old unmarried I hv been suffering frm irregular periods always start frm when I got matured .plz cn you help me out How to balance hormones give me tips.
I am 28 years old married woman. We are trying to conceive. There are some delays in period. In march my periods came on 21st, in april on 21st, in may 26th, directly on july 9th, then on 13th august. Based on 34 days of cycle, we made relations on August 21st, 23, 25, 27,28, 30 and we have plans to make relation on 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 7th 9th 11th and 13th September. Also I got my all the test done. Everything was normal. Whats are the chances of conceiving. Since we have been trying for long. What to do to get pregnant.
I have a problem with scanty menstrual bleeding. Am having very les menstrual bleeding it is only for 2days. Bleeding occur after one day of intercourse please suggest me medicine.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
I am a 23, female. My boyfriend ejaculated near the vulva, there was no penetration of the penis but we were rubbing the genitals over each other naked. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I have already taken a emergency contraception though. My periods are still due.
Hi doctor, I have been suffering from PCOS. Im getting chin hair. Please suggest how can I permanently get rid of chin hair. Thanks.
I took I pill twice in a week. One week later I got bleed. Is there any chance of pregnancy? When will my nxt period come? I took the I pill within 24 hrs. I had my sex on 2nd day and 8th of my period end. Plzz reply asap.
I am 18 years old female. I am having irregular periods for a very long time. Tried various home remedies but none is of use. Can you suggest something to make it regular.
Sir I have participated in sex with my girlfriend after her completion of her periods date after 5 days we had sex. Whether she will get pregnant or not? She is afraid of it.
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.