Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmala B.MYour feedback matters!
Is it normal to have 16*13 mm follicle on day 11 and if ovulation occur on this size is there a chance to get pregnant?
Hello doctor, I need your suggestions I'm going to have sex for the first time and to feel her better I need to improve my sex performance. I'm thinking of having a sex performance enhancing tablet before sex, so my question to you is that would you like to suggest me what pill should I take? And my another question is that to prevent pregnancy what tablet she should have? Please do reply. I want to confirm from you.
Today me n my girl had oral sex. Today was her 6th day after her periods. All was fine. But I just touched my penis to her vagina and just inserted 1 cm of my penis into her vagina and ejaculated sperms into her vagina. Please tell is there chances of getting pregnancy. If yes, how to stop her from pregnancy without taking any pills? .I hav doubt because one of my friend told me girls won't get pregnant during periods or after some days of periods. please help doctor.
Top 10 tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.
1. Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colorful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
2. Stay away from sweets that use
chemical preservatives , because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver . It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
3. Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating . Such foils are often
adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
4. In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
5. While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
6. Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
7. Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
8. It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
9. Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
10. Diwali is also the festival of joy so
make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Make your Diwali special for yourself, your family and your friends.
क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा क्या है? तथा विभिन्न प्रकार के गुदागत रोगो की चिकित्सा में क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा क्यों उपयोगी सिद्ध हो रही हैं?
- क्षार-सूत्र विभिन्न प्रकार की आयुर्वेद औषधियो से निर्मित medicated thread होता हैं यह एक प्राचीन आयुर्वेद चिकित्सा प्रक्रिया हैं जिसे स्व. Dr. P. J. Deshpande (1964 b. H. U.) नें एक नवीन रूप में विभिन्न प्रकार की शोध प्रक्रियाओं के द्वारा विकसित किया तथा भगन्दर आदि गुदागत रोगो की चिकित्सा में इसकी उपयोगिता को सिद्ध किया
- क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि एक लघु आपरेशन (minor surgery) हैं जिसमें रोगी को बाद में कुछ घंटो के लिये भर्ती रखा जाता है तथा दूसरे दिन से अपने कार्यो को सुचारु रूप से शुरू कर सकता है यदि किसी रोगी को बेहोशी या स्पाइनल एनेस्थेसिया (under anesthetic) दिया जाता है तो 24 घंटे भर्ती रखना आवश्यक होता है
- क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि एक ऐसी प्रक्रिया है जिसमें इस विधि से सही हुए रोगो के दोबारा (recurrence) होने की संभावना बहुत कम हैं
- इस दौरान लगभग 8000 गुदागत opd रोगियो का परीक्षण-जांच-निदान-चिकित्सा की तथा लगभग 300 रोगियो का क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि द्वारा आपरेशन किया है
- इस दौरान मैंने गुरू जी के सानिध्य में जाना कि इस विधि का परिणाम 98.5 प्रतिशत सफल हैं
- इस दौरान मैंने 200 multiple opening fistula in ano रोगियो पर अध्ययन किया तथा इनमें से 21 रोगियो पर thesis तैयार किया जो पहले 2-3 बार सर्जरी करवा चुके थें लेकिन फिर भी वापस fistula in ano. Recurrence हो गया था और उनमें अच्छे परिणाम प्राप्त किये और उस तकनीक का नाम - bypass kshar-sutra aplication in high anal/anorectal fistula in ano. रखा
अन्य विधियो की तुलना में क्षार सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि द्वारा ईलाज के फायदे:-
1. आयुर्वेद क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा अन्य ईलाज व आपरेशन की तुलना में एक सरल प्रक्रिया है, जिसमें बिना चीरा -फाडी के औषधि युक्त धागे से धीरे धीरे कटिंग होती हैं तथा साथ ही साथ जख्म भी भरता जाता हैं
2. इस विधि से सही हुए रोगो के दोबारा होने की संभावना बहुत कम है
3. High type fistula, multiple fistula in ano में सर्जरी में गुदा की वल्लियां कटने का खतरा रहता है जिससे रोगी का लैट्रिन पर कंट्रोल समाप्त होने का खतरा रहता हैं जबकि क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि में फिस्टूला tract धीरे-धीरे एक नियन्त्रित गति से कटता हैं
4. बनारस हिन्दू विश्वविद्यालय, aiims, icmr, Dr. P. J. Deshpande तथा मेरे गुरूवर के द्वारा किये गये शोध कार्यो तथा क्लीनिकल ट्रायल्स से यह सिद्ध हो चुका है कि क्षार-सूत्र चिकित्सा विधि गुदागत रोगो के ईलाज में सर्जरी से अधिक प्रभावी और स्थायी ईलाज हैं!
My gf had sex with me on 29 december and I was in doubt that sperm is conceived or not so I gave her ipill within 24 hrs and then on 5 jan she got minute bleeding and now her periods starts on 27 jan nd till now it is not started and 29 dec was 6 day of her periods cycle. So please doctor help me.
I and my gf doing sex for five years now bt in starting days due to lack of knowledge and adult mind we had sex without condom. She took contraceptive 6-7 times in starting one year. But after dat we always use protection. Now will it affect her pregnancy after marriage?
Me and my wife had sex regularly by using condoms. But 3 nights ago i.e. On 9th june we had sex without protection. I took my penis outside and then ejaculated. In next morning, she bleed and thought that her period started but she did not bleed thereafter for next 2 days. Her period started on 14th last month and on 10th before that (14th because she took medicine to extend periods due to some reason). Now since now today is 12th and a time for period, we are afraid if she got pregnant as she is not able to get her periods. My question is that can she get pregnant if we had sex just before her periods OR no? We got married 2 months back. Pls advise. Thanks
I had Unprotected sex a week after my periods. I took an ipill. Then after 10 days there was some thick reddish black liquid coming from my vagina ,it continued for 3 day. And then it stopped. Now on 6 I had be having my periods but it's not started yet. I checked for pregnancy but it also showed negative result. Can you please help me.
If I do sex with my partner without protection but I don't release sperm in her body so what is the chance that she get pregnant.
Hello sir I am 39 years female. Use sometimes I - pill if had unsafe sex. May b 3 months once. Is this not good for health? Which is the best contraceptive? Pl. Guide me.
We all know that the homeopathic system of medicine is side effect free, so apparently there is no harm if these medicines are not consumed in an appropriate manner. But the only issue of concern here is that the medicines would be less effective if you are not consuming them in the right manner. So here are a few tips that you necessarily need to keep in mind while following a homeopathic medicine course.
1. Never touch the medicines
Ideally you should never touch the homeopathic medicines with your bare hands, fingers or palm. This is because touching them reduces their potency, thereby declining their efficiency. Additionally, never use printed papers which contain ink like pages torn from a book, newspapers, etc. For handling homeopathic medicine. This is because the ink may react with the medicines, thereby hampering its efficiency. Always use bottle caps or plain papers provided along with the medicines.
2. Follow the thirty minute rule
This particular rule states that you should not ideally consume any food half an hour before and half an hour after consuming the homeopathic medicine dosage. This is done so that any other elements present inside the food do not react with the medicines, hence making them less effective.
3. Stay away from addictive substances
Addictive behaviors such as smoking or chewing tobacco, drinking alcohol and doing drugs are considered to have a nullifying effect on the homeopathic medications that you are exposed to. Thus it is desirable not to engage in such acts, till the time your homeopathic medications continues.
4. Strong smelling edibles
You can have garlic and onion with homeopathic medicine, but make sure there is a gap of one hour before you consume them, either before or after. The strong smelling edibles will not hamper the medicinal effect, if taken 1 hour before or after the medicine.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.