Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Niranjan L.kYour feedback matters!
You know you're suffering from loose tooth if it moves when you brush or while eating. In fact, loose tooth is an indication that you may suffer from an underlying dental problem. Thus, it's vital to be aware of the problems that may cause you to suffer from tooth mobility.
Here are some of the culprits behind your loose teeth.
1. Periodontal disease - Loose teeth problem can occur if you suffer from periodontal disease. This oral condition causes the bone and ligaments that surround your teeth to get weakened. The problem begins to occur once plaque begins to form on your teeth, more specifically around the gum line, leading to the formation of tartar. Eventually, the gums become inflamed causing periodontal pockets to form around the affected tooth or teeth. The result is bone loss and damage to the connective tissues.
2. Osteoporosis - The condition of osteoporosis sees the bone density around your teeth decreasing, resulting in the problem of loosened teeth. Women with osteoporosis are known to be three times more prone to tooth loss than women who don't suffer from this problem.
3. Pregnancy hormones - High estrogen and progesterone hormones during pregnancy can influence the bone and ligaments surrounding a tooth to loosen. If not accompanied by any other dental complication like periodontal disease, it only causes the problem of tooth mobility.
4. Traumatic injury - The connective tissue and the periodontal ligament that keep your teeth in place can become stretched if extreme pressure is placed on them. Whether it's an accident or a fall, any kind of strain to your mouth can harm the bone and ligaments that surround your tooth. Even grinding your teeth or clenching of the jaws can cause the periodontal ligament to get stretched, causing the loose tooth to occur.
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
Here are 5 reasons that cause bad breath and ways to overcome the same.
1) Unhealthy Teeth And Gums - Most of the bad breath and halitosis problems result due to unhealthy teeth and gums. Basically, people who don't take care of their dental hygiene are prone to the problem.
Solution - Clean your teeth and rinse your mouth properly to get rid of the annoying rotten egg stench.
2) Lack Of Hydration - If you are not drinking enough water, you can have bad breath. Saliva washes away smell causing bacteria. But not having enough water will lead to lesser saliva, which will lead to dead and rotting cells that will stink.
Solution - Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water daily, at regular intervals.
3) Allergies - Nose and asthma related allergies are one of the leading causes of bad breath.
Solution - Make sure that you get rid of the allergies via proper care. Also, hydrate more when you have any allergy, like sinus problems or tonsil infection, it helps in clearing allergies out.
4) Eating the wrong stuff - Garlic, uncooked onion and too many spices can also lead to bad breath.
Solution - Use moderate spices and always rinse your mouth after each meal. Also, avoid foods that are high in sugar as they promote more bacteria.
5) Acid Reflux - If getting gaseous feeling in the pit of your stomach is a common problem for you, then you might have bad breath too. Heartburn, indigestion and acid reflux are common causes of bad breath.
Solution - Avoid foods that can cause a reflux and try light eating. It will take care of other health problems too.
If you have any questions on improving oral and dental hygiene, please click on 'Consult Privately.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.