Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NiranjanYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old girl, My teeth are going yellow day by day, what should I do? And i'm overweight, what can I do to lose weight?
There is a gap between my front teeth and I am 21 years old. Which treatment should I take? Can I take braces treatment?
MY GUMS ARE SPOILED, ALL OF MY TEETHS ARE OPEN, IS THERE ANY SURGERY OR GUM IMPLANT TREATMENT WHICH CAN REGAINED MY GUMS..
At night when I asleep, sometimes some liquid gets collected in my mouth during sleep which wakes me up from sleep ,as the result I have to get up and spit it out.
My mouth is always smelling. After brushing withing half an hour. I feel funny in my mouth. Many people have told me my mouth smells. Taste n the mouth is always like when you get up in the morning. What should I do for this. I have no rotten tooth.
There is a tingling sensation in my teeth and gums since 3 days. It's not painful. I don't feel it when am seriously on some work but when am idle, it is bothering me a lot. I just can't stop poking it. What do I do? What's the cause of this tingling?
Sir mere mouth mei chale ho gaye hai so jalan karte hai sir me pahle Gutkha khath tha is karan mera mouth bhi kam khulta hai our mere gal andar se white ho rahe hai me kiya karu?
I am having liver problem which food should I consume I earlier somked a lot but now stopped it and now I have started chewing gum though it not help much but to some extent is is very good.
I am suffering from mouth ulcers they are too painful I drink coconut water everyday but can not see any improvements.
Hi I have teeth whitening issues my teeth look so dirty I want to make it white I some cigarette also.
My mouth is stinking and I have a bad breath problem. Please suggest a good toothpaste or any other liquid to remove bad smell from my mouth. I have a habit of smoking and eating tobacco.
Earlier my friend chew tobacco product like gutkha. Currently his mouth not open properly. What to do.
I have a bleeding problem in my gums and a bad smell from my mouth. I don't take any medicine nothing. please suggest me some home remedy for dis issue.
Mouth ulcers are coming every month and remain for minimum 2 week once come. Generally gap between their arrival is 15 days.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.