Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi TiwariYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, im a 17 years old male indian and im 160cm tall weighing 47 kg. My father's height is 162cm and mother's height is 145cm. I have not been growing since 1 year. Will I grow more in future? Atleat to a 165 cm? Is there any chance for it? Please suggest me tips and ways to increase my height if I can. Please doctor.
I have spectacles when I was in class 4. Now I'm in final year engineering and my eye sights are near sightedness -3 and -3.25 in both eyes. And I have cylindrical number too. What should I do? And laser operation is possible if I have cylindrical number?
Is it safe to give isabgol husk capsule to 11 year old child on glaucoma medications and chronically constipated resulting in external hemorrhoids?
I have red eyes what shall I do Should I consult a doctor Or will it go by itself I have no pain just red eyes.
I have problem in my eye it start watering after every 10 minutes please suggest me any good medicine please help.
Weird dizziness as when eyes closed and laying down A few times when I am trying to get to sleep or in the morning when I am waking up I feel like I start to get dizzy. When I close my eyes and try to sleep I feel like it starts to spin and then when I open my eyes everything is fine no spinning no dizziness nothing. Please help.
In my left eye in corner something is there looks like conjunctivitis since 2 months. But nothing happened. What should I do?
It usually take 4 hrs to sleep after going to bed. Most of the time I feel sleepy but as I close my eyes I come across with nightmare and suddenly I woke up. So what should I do to overcome this horror problem?
Ankh me behngapan agya left ankh me chot lgne k bad kya kru kitne paise lgenge samne dekhne se sab thik h left right me dekhne se behnga lgta hu.
I wear spectacles for short sight problem. I am suffering from watery problem in my right eye past 1 month. I need remedy for that.
Sir, I am suffering from sneezing and itching eyes. While travelling by bus or train it becomes more dangerous. Doctors say you have allergic problem form dust and changing climate. Please provide Permanent solution to get rid off from this situation. Whether is ayurveda or Homeopathy.
I have a problem in my eyes because of surfing Internet some time my eyes very paining I can not do my work on computer tell me the cure or any eye drop.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching.