Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nibedita Acharya
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Nibedita AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I'm 29 years old man. I have got drooping eyelid in my left eye. Is there any treatment facility available in your hospital? If yes, please let me know the cost of treatment and how long it will take to recover completely. Thank you.
Hi doctor's, I specs with +1 no. How can I reduce it to normal level? Tell me some Remedies for come to normal state.
In my eyes have pain when seen screen of mobile and TV on high brightness. I have use glass of brown shade. But its to do headache.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am 32 and got injured under eye 6 months ago. Now there are some permanent fine lines under eye. Apart of that open pores in my skin. Please advise any treatment for this.
Causes and Symptoms of Hypermetropia You Need to Know About
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications.
Related Tip: 4 Tips for a Great Eyesight