Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NethraYour feedback matters!
I am 17 right nw and im having periods but problem is that they are very much irregular my periods have nt came since 8 months and we have also done sonography we shows everything normal but the lack of hemoglobin so in this case what I should do?
Had unprotected sex before 10 days having a fear of getting pregnant how to identify periods date is 6th of September want urgent reply.
My mother is having some problems in this cold weather especially in her heart as she does not feel comfortable during these winter days. Please suggest what might be the possible cure of it and what could be the possible problem to her.
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
Bronchitis is a respiratory disease where people cough up thick mucus. Bronchitis can either be acute or chronic, with the most common cause of bronchitis being either viral or bacterial infection. Acute bronchitis improves within a few days with proper medications. On the other hand, chronic bronchitis is a serious condition causing constant irritation in the linings of bronchial tubes. The most commonly visible signs of bronchitis are a cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest discomfort and slight fever and chills. Exposure to excessive pollutants and smoking can cause chronic bronchitis.
How homeopathy can help you in treating bronchitis
Bronchitis can be treated with the help of homeopathy, which can be instrumental in providing relief, thereby improving your quality of life. In fact, homeopathy can be your best option for treating both the forms of bronchitis, as it offers significant relief from the symptoms as well as helps in improving your health in totality.
In the case of acute bronchitis, homeopathy can shorten the duration of the illness to a great extent. When a patient is on the homeopathic treatment he/she experiences a marked reduction in toxicity as well. For the management of an acute attack of bronchitis, the prescribed homeopathic medicines may have to be taken at shorter intervals, after every few hours.
Chronic bronchitis, though contagious, can be treated by homeopathy as well. The symptoms of chronic bronchitis can be significantly improved by homeopathic remedies. It can even aid the patient in quitting smoking.
The most important aspect of homeopathy treatment in the management of bronchitis is that the medicine works very fast and does not leave you weak and drained at the end of the infection. Homeopathic treatment can also help to prevent complications such as pneumonia, respiratory failure, right sided heart failure (the one that affects the right side of your heart), emphysema, etc.
Homeopathic medicines come without any side effects and are non-addictive. Also, there is no problem in administering the medicines to any patient irrespective of age; therefore, it's a safer choice to opt for homeopathy for the treatment of bronchitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 51yr old pre menopausal woman. I have a cervical polyp about 3cms long. I have been advised surgery. Are there any homeopathic or ayurvedic cures for this so that I do not have to go under the knife.
Hello i am 28 years old. After a year ago I gone thru breast reduction surgery. After dat I realized my tummy fat increased very much. It becomes like a ball so tight and I always feel full. Im having insulin resistance problem mild pcos and having cervical spondylitis. Cuz of cervical and shoulder chronic pain I can not do any gym and any other workout. .weight increased very fast n now tummy become tight n round kind of. Help me is dat something I can do for get rid of dis fat n be fit again. I hv swt craving also n from long cuz of chronic pain im depressed even. Help.
Hi, I again took the same tablet after 3 days. But now it's been 13 days of consumption of my first tablet, I haven't received withdrawal bleeding. Are there any chances of mine being pregnant? What are the side effects of consuming these tablets?
My wife is facing a problem of having a white colour semi liquid getting discharged with foul smell from the genital.
I had a baby its only 14 days old while breastfeeding my nipple is paining like anything even I can't able to feed properly please suggest me with this.
Emergency contraception is postcoital contraception.
You can use either cu-t or oral pills for this purpose.
Cu-t may be tedious for you as you can not insert cu-t yourself.
Oral pills are ok.
You can use postcoital contraception within 5 days of act.
But postcoital pills are most effective when taken within 12 hours of act.
They are more effective when taken in first half of your cycle as they act by inhibiting egg formation.
If you form a habit of taking postcoital pills, they may lead to menstrual disturbance. So take them carefully.