Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nethra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NethraYour feedback matters!
I had sex on 2nd day of my period. I hv a cycle of around 34-36 days. Nd I have late periods. My last period was on 22 jan. Am I pregnant? I checked it on preganews in the morning but its negative. Then y my periods are not coming?
I am 28 years old female, wish to plan for family. My menstrual cycle is somewhat 28 to 32 days. So how can I calculate the date of ovulation? To resolve this we are having sex every alternate day (10th day onwards. So is correct way to increase the chances of conceiving?
Hello, we are married couples. My wife had normal delivery and after 3 months we started having sex. I lick my wife's vagina and also suck her breasts and drink her breast milk. Is there any problem if I drink from my wife's breast. Is my wife's breast going to run out of milk? Is there any chance of infection passing onto baby? Thanks for your answer.
Sir I have sex with my gf a day before her menstrual period i.e on 13 march but her menstrual period falls on 14 march. We failed to use condom and I ejaculate inside but not deeply. Till date her menstrual period didn't come. This is the first time she miss her menstrual period and also not feeling any pain in stomach as she usually meet before mensuration occur. Both of us feel very anxiety and having stress. Why this skip happens and is she may get pregnant and any good measure to prevent unwanted pregnant if it happen.
Her periods has over on 28/05/16 then we have sex on 31/05/2016 then within 48 hrs I have her an ipill after that we again have sex on 04/06/16 and than again on 09/06/16 on 10/06/16 light bleeding has started along with with discharge there is no itching or pain and it is not over yet we have done a urine test and it is negative is this is a sign of pregnancy or vaginal infection.
When it comes to giving birth, vaginal delivery is considered to be the most natural process. However, several women nowadays opt for C-section or Cesarean section to avoid the labour pain that accompanies natural birth.If you are pregnant and weighing the pros and cons of natural and C-section delivery, here are a few things to consider.
The Pros of this method of delivery are as follows:
- From the psychological perspective, women who undertake a vaginal delivery have a positive birth giving experience. Women undergoing this method think they should be present in the process.
- The recovery time for women opting for vaginal delivery is shorter. The mother and the baby can make skin contact right after the delivery, which enhances the bonding process.
- Babies who are born through vaginal delivery develop much fewer medical complications. There are fewer respiratory problems, allergies and the baby can start breastfeeding soon.
The Cons of vaginal delivery are as follows:
- Vaginal delivery is a stressful process for the women undergoing it and the time required cannot be predicted. Some deliveries take less time, while others may take hours.
- Usually, there are no cons for the babies who are born via vaginal delivery. In very rare cases, brain injury can be experienced.
The pros of this type of delivery method are as follows:
- Many women choose Caesarean sections to avoid long labor hours. Planned C-section surgeries enable the mother to plan the birth. Better control is acquired over the delivery, which can be predicted properly.
- In case your baby is large, or if you are carrying twins, C-section is the best delivery option.
- If the mother has diseases such as HIV or the mother's blood has a high viral load, C-section surgeries should be opted as the risk of the infection being passed on to the baby is decreased.
The cons of Cesarean section surgery are as follows:
- C-section is a major surgery and a long time is required for recovery. There may be risks of infection, but they can be prevented by caring for the surgical wound properly. C-section delays the breastfeeding process and the mother cannot have immediate contact with her baby, which can affect the bonding.
- Some babies, delivered through C-section may have respiratory problems. C-sections may also cause complications, such as problems with anaesthesia.
While both processes have their pros and cons, it is best to discuss with your doctor to understand which process will suit you more. Depending on your pregnancy and whether there are any complications involved, your doctor will suggest the best way possible.
Sir I am 25 year old. My wife period not stopping. Continue bleeding since 1 month. She consulted doctor but not stopping. please advise me.
Afrezza - the only inhaled insulin for diabetes.
Afrezza® is an inhaled human insulin indicated to help improve glycemic control in adults with diabetes mellitus.
Afrezza is a rapid-acting, inhaled insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The product consists of a dry formulation of human insulin delivered from a small and portable inhaler.
Administered at the beginning of a meal, afrezza dissolves rapidly upon inhalation to the lung and delivers insulin quickly to the bloodstream. Peak insulin levels are achieved within 12–15 minutes of administration. Afrezza is available in 4-unit and 8-unit single dose cartridges of insulin powder that can be used, as prescribed by a health care professional, in combination with other diabetes medications to achieve target blood sugar levels. For afrezza doses exceeding 8 units, patients may use a combination of 4 unit and 8 unit cartridges. Other sizes of cartridges are being considered. The disposable inhaler can be used for up to 15 days, should be kept in a clean, dry place with the mouthpiece cover on and may be wiped with a clean, dry cloth if needed.
Limitations of use
Do not use afrezza as a substitute for long-acting insulin;
Afrezza must be used in combination with long-acting insulin in patients with type 1 diabetes.
Do not use afrezza to treat diabetic ketoacidosis. Afrezza is not recommended in patients who smoke or who have recently stopped smoking.
Important safety information for afrezza
Warning: risk of acute bronchospasm in patients with chronic lung disease
Acute bronchospasm has been observed in patients with asthma and COPD using afrezza. Afrezza is contraindicated in patients with chronic lung disease such as asthma or copd. Before initiating afrezza, perform a detailed medical history, physical examination, and spirometry (FEV1) to identify potential lung disease in all patients.
Do not use afrezza if you have problems with your lungs, such as asthma or COPD. Do not use afrezza during a low blood sugar reaction (hypoglycemia). If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in afrezza, do not use afrezza as this may cause a significant and severe allergic reaction.
Afrezza patient starter kittype diabetes