Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. NethraYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor. I had intercourse with my partner on july 3rd. We are very nervous about the pregnancy issue. We don't want the baby at this time. It been 15 days now. And my wife noticed that she is using the loo more often now to eject urine, also she is eating more. We both had sex for the very first time in our life. If she is pregnant is there a way we can stop the pregnancy through medicine at this time.
Hello sir, I m 20 years old. My problem is that my sister's period coming late every month like as in previous month her period coming 18 date bt this month her period not come at that date what problem may possible? This problem with her from 2 months, before 2 months her period come at 15 date bt next months her period come 18 date but this month her period not come 15 or 18 date. My sister is 22 year's old. Sir please give me solution.
Hello mera period 14th ko ata h but abhi tak nai aaya muje back me pain hota h morning me or vagina me halka pain kabi kabi hota h kya pregnancy ho sakti h?
Hi Doctor, I am 2.5 months pregnant, I love coffee, got to know it's not good. I miss coffee every morning and Unable to drink plain milk as I feel like vomiting, what is the other drink which I can start my day with. I can't drink anything which is of the colour of milk. Please advice. People say boost, Bournvita also contains caffeine, so avoiding it. Please advice. I am from India. Thanks!
Hi, I got married a month ago we decided to have baby after 2 years now we are using condoms instead of that can we use pills. Does it have side effect or affect her Health if yes what pills should we use.
Hi I'm 26 years old not married, I'm getting bleeding more than 1 week is it any problem pls help me.
I am 43 year old woman. I was having my periods regularly and all of a sudden I have missed my periods from last month. Am scared that nothing is serious. What is the cause that I have missed my periods or is it that menopause have started.
Hello madam, me mere gf k sath unprotected sex kiya tha, but sperms under nhi gya tha, mene risk nhi liya, or unwanted 72 khila diya within 2 days, fir 8 days baad periods Ho gya tha, lekin uske baad 24 th February ko periods hona tha, lekin aaj 4 th March ho gya usko periods nhi ho rha hai, so madam please help me.
Hello sir/mem I have white discharge issue. I consulted to many Dr. and take treatment but still suffering from the same please help me.
I am 16 weeks pregnant through IVF with a singleton. Is it necessary to opt for elective ceasarian and not normal delivery ? My IVF specialist & gynae both suggested the same to avoid any risk. Please suggest.
If the patients are getting UTI repeatedly. Start lukewarm water, and coconut water.
If the problem repeats don't waste the time start ayurvedic treatment.
Mam/sir. I Wants to consult that I'm suffering from regular periods from last 4 years. My first Periods starts when I read in class 4.Bur there is no problems. But now a day last 4 years during periods my lower abdomen pains a lot and a lots of blood comes comes out.
I had sex last month and This month I am one week late in period. I am single and very worried and do not want to get pregnant. Please suggest what should I do.
Every woman likes to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome ((PCOS)) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This also helps identify hormonal abnormalities in the earlier stages. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.