Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nehak AkabarYour feedback matters!
Hi I'm 20 years old and I lost my virginity 3 days ago. I was bleeding a lot the first time and now when I go to the bathroom I bleed. I bleed a lot when I'm doing #2 (if you know what I mean). I don't feel any pain what so ever but when I lost my virginity it hurted a lot and I mean a lot that I wanted to cry, but I guess that's normal. Anyways I want to know if this could be some kind of symptoms after losing virginity or is it normal to bleed when going to the bathroom and how long it should last so. I would like to know what you have to say towards all this. Thanks.
I Am a 23 years old, I Am unmarried, I have irregular periods problem. Like 1 Month is regular and next 2 months is Irregular, After 50 days I got period, I phased this problem before 6 months back, I Think is I Am staying in hostel that's why food is Effected, so please suggest me.
Mera period 27 ko Aya tha aur aaj fir 14 Ko hi Aya h Etna jaldi period kabhi nhi Aya tha please guide me and nacecceari madicine.
Hi From a long time I have been experiencing some problems with my sex life at the time of excitement I could not be able to erect my penis at adesired level. I have been experiencing inguinal herniya from my childhood what should I do.
I am suffering from pcos and every size is 13-14. Are they very big in size and I should go for operation.
Meri age 29 year he shadi ko 2 year hu e he aur muje diabetis he, abi tak muje bachcha nai hua, please guide.
Hi before 3 months I got pregnancy and it was aborted due to baby heart beat was not there so want thing I can expect the same thing.
I had two days delay in my period now is out and I'm bleeding like never before with thick blood coming out and my stool is black don't know if is because I ate more iron food than before.
Dear sir sex before marriage kya galat ha pr muje ku lgta ha mene kvi sex nhin kiya please muje detail ma, samjaen muje pahle ble question se satisfaction nhi hui kya ma depress hu suggest muje kya krna chahie
I have pcos problem. I am planning for pregnancy. I ovulate on 15 th day of my cycle using ovulation induction like clomid and gonatropins injection then after 2 days of ovulation I took 1 cyclogest pessaries 200 mg for 10 days after that I stopped it now I am on 19 dpo I did not get period till now .i am pregnant or not? Or else cyclogest just delay my period.
When you decide to donate an organ that could make someone normal again, you are actually giving the gift of life, even after you are long gone. Organ donation is the preservation of organs after someone's death, and a cause supported by many people around the world.
Read on to find out everything there is to know about organ donation!
- What is Organ Donation?: Organ donation is the process of pledging your organs through recognised institutions, so that the same may be used after your demise. This pledge usually allows the transplant of healthy organs as well as tissue that can be used to benefit someone who has been going through life without the said organs or without properly functioning ones. While some donations like the kidney as well as some part of the lungs can be done while the donor is still living, most of these transplants happen after the person's death.
- Types of Donation: There are three ways in which one can donate organs. The first is brain stem method where the person's brain activity has stopped due to an injury. In such a case, the heart and other organs may still be working due to life support system like a ventilator. The next method is circulatory death where a cardiac arrest gives rise to the complete loss of function in one's heart and lungs, which can lead to a state where the person cannot be revived. The third kind is living donation like kidney transplant or a small section of one's liver or lungs.
- Importance of Organ Donation: The importance of organ donation cannot be stressed enough. This potentially lifesaving act can help in bringing back someone's sight or give them a heart that beats normally. With organ donation like kidney transplant, one will not need to go through dialysis again. Also, organ donation can save much time, money and effort in painful treatments and give the person a whole new lease of life. It is also important because it ensures that the vital organs are used by a needy person even after the death of the donor.
- Importance of Physical Health: The physical health of the person is important in such cases because the donation should not have negative implications for the wellbeing of the patient. Through a system of donor assessment, the donor is checked for infections and other ailments including HIV so that the same are not passed on to the patient.
- Organs that you can donate: Starting from the eyes to the kidney, lungs, heart, pancreas, intestines, bones, as well as bone marrow and even the skin and corneas, one can donate a number of organs.
After menopause.Pregnancy could happen ? At what age women reach it ?please provide me the detail on this?
5 Detox drinks for this wedding season
Weddings are that time of the year when you don’t have control over what you eat. It’s very easy to overindulge, the effects of which may be visible on your skin, weight, and hair. Going on a detoxification drive is what you can do to counter these effects.
One integral aspect of a detox drive is what you drink. Certain drinks can help you in rejuvenating from within, while increasing your energy level. Here are some amazing detox drink recipes that you could make in a jiffy to overcome the toll the wedding season takes on your health.
1. Spice detox drink
Spices contain anti-oxidants that help to cleanse the body and counteract the damaging effects that fatty, sugary and salty foods can have on your body. Drinking hot water into which spices have been added is one of the best ways to improve your health. To make this spice infused detox drink you require
Water – 1.8l
Whole cumin – ¼ teaspoon
Whole coriander – ¼ teaspoon
Whole fennel – ½ teaspoon
Seeds of cardamom pods – 5
Add the spices into boiling water and let it steep for 10 minutes. Strain and store in a thermos to drink throughout the day.
2. Lime and lemon detox smoothie
Detox drink containing citrus fruits is another sure-shot way of eliminating toxins from your body. The cleansing properties of limes and lemons make these water-rich fruits your best bet for detoxifying your body. Additionally, their fibre content not only ensures your system is thoroughly cleaned but also improves the function of your colon (the part of the digestive system that is responsible for processing waste products from your body).
For making this lemon-lime smoothie, you need the following ingredients:
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lemon – ½
Peeled and deseeded, medium sized lime – ½
Peeled, medium sized bananas – 2
Orange – 1
Spinach (optional) – 1-2 cups
Start by squeezing the juice from one big orange and keep it aside. In a blender, add the orange juice followed by ½ lemon and lime, and bananas. The last and also optional ingredient that you can add in this drink is spinach. Blend the contents for about 30 seconds until you get a creamy mixture.
3. Root vegetables detox drink
To improve your body’s digestive system, it is good to have root vegetables that are high in fibre. During the wedding season or after it, the need to have fibre becomes more important as your digestive system becomes sluggish, with constipation being an issue that you may have to deal with later on. These root vegetables will help to keep waste products moving through your digestive tract.
The root vegetables drink involve the use of these ingredients:
Fresh ginger (peeled and chopped) – 2 tablespoons
Chopped medium sized beet – 1
Sliced medium sized carrots – 4
Cored and cubed medium sized apple – 1
A cup of water
Blend all of the root vegetables in one cup of water until you get a smooth texture. Strain the juice and store in the fridge for use of up to 2 days.
Filled with nutrients like vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and so on, these detox drinks are highly effective at eliminating toxins from your body, while helping in improving your overall well-being.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My last period date was 15th Aug and on 28th aug withdrawal bleeding started due to ipill and it started after 7 days so now when my next period will come?it is already delayed.
Nipple discharge is a common part of breast functioning, which normally occurs during breast-feeding or pregnancy. It is often associated with the changes of menstrual hormone. The milky discharge post breast-feeding usually continues for up to two years after stopping nursing. The condition normally gets resolved on its own but if the situation persists for a long time resort to medical assistance.
The following are some of the causes of normal nipple discharge:
- Stimulation: Normal nipple discharge can arise due to stimulation; chafing of your breast skin due to tight bras or vigorous exercises.
- Pregnancy: Most women tend to witness clear nipple discharge in the early stages of their pregnancy. Towards the later stages, this discharge usually turns watery and becomes milky in color
- Stopped Breast-feeding: In some cases, nipple discharge continues for some time after the mother has stopped breast-feeding her newborn
- Hormonal Imbalance: Some women notice tenderness in breasts and nipple discharge during their menstrual cycle
What is an abnormal nipple discharge?
An abnormal nipple discharge is usually bloody in color and is accompanied with tenderness of the breast. Papilloma is a non-cancerous tumor that is often responsible for bloody nipple discharge. Continuous nipple discharge from one of the breasts or nipple discharge that arises without any stimulation or external irritation is abnormal in nature.
The possible causes of abnormal nipple discharge include:
1. Abscess- It is an assortment of pus that get accumulated within the tissues of your body. It is usually accompanied by redness, pain and swelling. Boils and carbuncles are types of abscess. Formation of abscess in breasts may result in nipple discharge.
2. Breast cancer- Breast cancer often results in bloody nipple discharge and is often found with a presence of lump in one of the breasts.
4. Ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)- Normally characterized by the growth of cancerous cells in the milk ducts of your breasts, it is generally identified through mammography screening.
5. Fibroadenoma- In this situation most young women witness an appearance of solid, tumor like structure
6.Galactorrhea- Galactorrhea is nipple discharge of milk when not pregnant or breastfeeding. The discharge can vary in color and can be expressed from either or both breasts.
What Causes Galactorrhea?
Galactorrhea is commonly caused by hyperprolactinemia, especially when it is associated with amenorrhea. Hyperprolactinemia is most often induced by medication or associated with pituitary adenomas or other sellar or suprasellar lesions.
The release of prolactin from the pituitary is held in check by dopamine from the hypothalamus. Prolactin release is encouraged by serotonin and thyrotropin-releasing hormone. This balance can be disrupted by medication (ie. antipsychotics), underactive thyroid function, pituitary tumors, hypothalamic tumors, damage to the pituitary stalk, nipple stimulation, chest trauma, herpes zoster, and emotional stress as well as a variety of other factors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.