Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraja N.kumarYour feedback matters!
I am 10 weeks pregnant and my gyne has not asked for any blood test so far. She said come after a month and then we 'll have some tests. By that time I ll be 14 weeks. She did ask to get an ultrasound done which was fine. But I don't understand why she is not asking for any blood test. I didn't say anything to her thinking she might not like a patient questioning her. What to do?
Dussehra is the day when 'Raghunandan Ramachandra' defeated 'Lankapati Dashanan Ravana' and rescued his wife Sita. The name Dussehra has its foundations in two Sanskrit words Dasha and Hara, where the first word 'Dasha' refers to Dashanan Ravana and the second word 'Hara' implies defeat. Dashanana, one with ten heads, a title given to Ravana, additionally happens to be symbolic in nature. It could be seen as ten vices, not ten heads.
Vice is any behaviour or practice that is considered cruel, immoral, rude, sinful, degrading or criminal. The ten vices represent the ten heads of Ravana. If we carefully watch our surroundings, we will find that the majority of us are being tainted and infected from one of these ten vices. At last, it is not about Rama or Ravana. It is about you and your vices. Dussehra symbolises your triumph over your vices, not Rama's triumph over Ravana.
The ten vices that we need to win over this Dusshera are:
- Kama Vasana (Lust): This lustful craving edging on the unethical side that can make one carry out offensive and heinous crimes.
- Krodha (Anger): Many violations and crimes are caused because of the inability and powerlessness to think when we are in outrage. Control over Anger or Krodha will avoid a lot of problems and regrets in the near future.
- Moha (Attraction): Obsessing over things can be a problem when we lose the feeling and sense of our reason. It is ideal to keep our obsessions under control.
- Lobha (Greed): This problem is the reason for some possible crimes and embarrassments. That is why it is said that one should keep a long distance from greed for their own well-being.
- Mada (Pride): Being happy over material belongings has no purpose and is a worthless activity. It is both at the moment and temporary. Pride needs to be avoided and maintain a goal to stay modest and unobtrusive.
- Matsara (Jealousy): This green-eyed creature eats up our feeling of logic and calm and is better kept under control for our prosperity and fulfilment.
- Swartha (Selfishness): Being an egotistical individual just gets us back at last. Thoughtfulness usually pays back and helping a man in need will never go futile.
- Anyaaya (Injustice): As much as we can comprehend, we need to be just and not indulge in out of line practices, be it in our work or individual life.
- Amanavata (Cruelty): Cruelty needs to be avoided under all circumstances. Being thoughtful and humble will give us a meaning to live a modest and calm life.
- Ahankara (Ego): The bad habit of Ravana that destroyed Lanka is something we indulge in ordinary. Avoiding this ego will keep us more joyful in our lives.
This celebration implies the victory of good over the evil, right over wrong, and good habits over vices.
Hello Sir, I forgot that my wife had period and I did sex so tell me that what will happen doing sex in periods can she get pregnant.
If masturbation is done daily will it be harmful in pregnancy and will it not help to keep the women pregnant. Please advise.
Hello actually doctor mari devrani 3 month sai period mai hoti hai. Wo pergrent hai abhi. Actuaally period time k 40 daybad us nai pregencey test kita then negative nikala but jab 30 days bad vapas kiya then wo pregent thi and sonography karane pe pata chala prefencey thi and us k time ka aayada laga ki wo kab pregent hue. Wo fisrt time test karne k bad pregent hue so I am asking yadi hum period k 15 days sex karte hi nahi hai and us k bad sex karne per agar hum pregent hote hai hai to time kahs sai calulate hoga.
Staying healthy is considered to be the first happiness. And, rightly so. Over years, there has been a lot of advancement in Medical Science and understanding of Health. Such has been the knowledge explosion that now we have Superspecialists treating just one system or one organ of the body. For e.g Knee Surgeon, Retina Surgeon, Liver Specialist etc.
While this is good for those patients who have difficult organ-specific troubles, let’s be clear that very few people (less than 10%) need such care. Most people are born healthy and if they live a disciplined life in terms of diet, physical activity, good sleep, etc., they will stay healthy and are unlikely to need a lot of medical interventions. There may be some routine illnesses like cough, fever, diarrhea, minor injuries, etc. which either subside or heal themselves or with a little support from a family doctor. Not all ills need pills.
In recent times, however, it is observed that thousands of procedures and prescriptions of doubtful benefit are employed due to multiple factors like scattered care, payment system, Free check-ups by companies or so called charities or marketing process, defensive medicine are provided to safeguard corporate players from litigations. Diagnostic Packages, etc. e.g, Preoperative ECG is not routinely required before eye surgery unless there is a known heart trouble or risk thereof. Quite often it appears like Services on “Sale” like you have for merchandise.
“Free check-ups or care” can become very expensive in long run. Even if free, a procedure or a drug can be potentially harmful. The first check-up may be free but it may lead to subsequent paid interventions which may be needless for all you know.
Hence in present times choosing your eye care provider and care process wisely is very necessary. Don’t get carried away by luring and fake advertisements of health improvement, etc. Don’t fall for “Free” checkups or care. There is no free lunch, someone pays either in cash or in kind! Health care interventions need to be customized to your specific needs and cannot be generalized and for that you need personalized services of a trusted doctor more than an impersonal huge glossy corporate setup.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
At 34 weeks of my pregnancy .sudden vaginal bleeding and doctors said baby died in stomach only. I am fully healthy. All scan reports normal. Than why this happen.
Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex without protection. The biological inability of a man or a woman to contribute to conception and carry a full-term pregnancy may also be referred to as infertility. Among the various treatments for infertility, homeopathy accounts for being an effective one in both men and women.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in women
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges: Borax and Natrum Phos are considered to be the best homeopathic medicines for infertility in women because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are used when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and kills sperms. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm and it helps in easy conception. Natrum Phos is used when the discharge is acrid, creamy or honey colored.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are used in case of too much prolonged, too profuse menstrual periods and periods which occur before time. Early mensus are experienced by patients. Anemia, leucorrhea, fatigues, tiredness and weakness may be experienced with menorragia.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men:
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction: There are several effective homeopathic medicines for this purpose. Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability is low and the genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is best when infertility or impotency occurs due to mental depression. In this case, the genitals stay relaxed and weak erection is observed. Selenium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for erectile dysfunction in cases of slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be experienced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count: X-ray is the most effective homeopathic medicine for treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased and both the quantity and quality of sperm are enhanced.
- Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis: Conium is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating infertility in men with orchitis. The testicles are swollen, enlarged and become hard. Conium also helps when a patient has a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathy is the most natural treatment for fertility in men and women, with no side effects on the body. Homeopathic medicine works with following rule of the nature's law of cure and these medicines work naturally without producing any harm to the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before taking any homeopathic remedy for infertility.
Sir my grlfrnd is 21 years old and continue getting weight, and she have also a problem that she never get timely period and also have little bit pimple always occured in her face. Plz help
Hello doctor, I have irregular cycle and I have 5 years old baby. I want to get pregnant now what can I do? Please tell me.
Two times period in a month which depressed me, I am 22 yrs lady, I need solution, please suggest me, Where I am staying the hospital is far from my residence.
Since blood is part of the cardiovascular system, and diabetes is a condition in which the level of glucose in the blood is higher than normal, then is certainly some relationship between the two.
Diabetes and cardiovascular system diseases has been recognized to be closely related to each other due to the so-called insulin resistance syndrome or metabolic syndrome. Some examples of the commonly diagnosed cardiovascular disease are coronary heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Diabetes is considered a major risk factor in cardiovascular diseases. Other factors that contribute to the possibility of acquiring cardiovascular diseases in diabetic patients include hypertension, smoking, and dyslipidemia.
How Diabetes Causes Cardiovascular Problems?
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis: Arteriosclerosis is the stiffening or hardening of the artery walls while Atherosclerosis is the narrowing of the artery because of plaque build-up. Atherosclerosis is a form of hardening of the blood vessels/arteries, caused by fatty deposits and local tissue reaction in the walls of the arteries. Diabetes is a documented high risk factor for the development of both Atherosclerosis, Arteriosclerosis. Heart disease and stroke, arising mainly from the effects of atherosclerosis, account for 65 percent of deaths among diabetics.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin. There is a growing recognition that diabetes belongs to a special category of risk factors because it markedly increases risk of CVD. This increase is partly the result of the pernicious effects of persistent hyperglycemia on the vasculature and partly due to the coexistence of other metabolic risk factors.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
Individuals with insulin resistance or diabetes in combination with one or more of these risk factors are at even greater risk of heart disease or stroke. However, by managing their risk factors, patients with diabetes may avoid or delay the development of heart and blood vessel disease. Your health care provider will do periodic testing to assess whether you have developed any of these risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Psychosomatic disorder, now more commonly referred to as psychophysiologic illness, is an illness whose symptoms are caused by mental processes of the sufferer rather than immediate physiological causes. If a medical examination can find no physical or organic cause, or if an illness appears to result from emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression or guilt, then it might be classified as psychosomatic.
However, the term "psychosomatic" has developed a negative connotation in recent years, as many people mistakenly believe it to mean that the patient is "making up" his or her symptoms such as pain, has "mental problems," or is otherwise malingering. This is not its true meaning, as psychosomatic pain, for example, is very real pain, and is caused by unconscious rather than conscious sources, and is perfectly normal and not under conscious control.
Psychosomatic symptoms show that a human body can create physical symptoms that compensate for relationship deficiencies. (For example, hypnosis-induced allergic reactions indicate that a person's immune response can dramatically change during an intense mind-body relationship).
Very often, psychosomatic illness is influenced by external factors or players. Severe stress caused by factors in work, relationship, and family are known to cause bowel illness and accompanying dehydration, stomach or headaches, nausea, incontinence, or loss of hair.
Somatopsychic illness is an illness where the mental and psychological processes of the sufferer are affected by physiological causes. Emotional conditions similar to psychosomatic illness are experienced as well as decreased mental functioning. Physiological factors involved include, but are not limited to, cases of persons diagnosed with chronic pain and/or a physical disorder, cases where the person experiences frequent episodes of pain over a long period of time, and cases where a person has exacerbated levels of physical pain over a prolonged period of time..
Although psychosomatic disease might improve or disappear following suggestion by a recognized authority, both the psycho and somatic aspects of psychosomatic symptoms may vanish if people improve the relationship of mind to body. Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, for example, are usually considered to be psychosomatic illnesses. Like many eating disorders, they respond well to relationship coaching and various forms of psychotherapy.
It is often very difficult to distinguish if a disease has a psychological root, however, it is suggested that 70% of all diseases are the result of anxiety and stress and hence, have a "psychological" root in this sense, even though stress and anxiety themselves involve many biochemical, hormonal and genetic aspects.
Emotional conditions such as anger, anxiety, depression and guilt can be treated using Hypnotherapy and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, among other therapies, although these two particular treatments are considered controversial by many.
Cognitive behavior therapy is a widely-used treatment for anxiety, depression and related disorders.
Many identifiable illnesses have previously been labelled as 'hysterical' or 'psychosomatic', for example asthma, allergies, and migraines. Some illnesses are under debate, including multiple chemical sensitivity, Gulf War Syndrome, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Some people suggest that stigmatics suffer a psychosomatic illness based on identifying with the biblical crucified Jesus.
Illness as Metaphor
Tension myositis syndrome
Theory of Deadly Initials
Placebo (origins of technical term)
My friend was pregnant 2 month ago. She took a mtp kit and few hours later she had a heavy flow of blood and some gilts of blood but one month later her periods are not coming and she again took a mtp kit .but periods are not coming. What do she?
My wife after sex feels very weak and specially in her legs she feels very pain. She couldn't able to walk tell me what is the reason behind it nd how cure it.
Mujhe pregnancy mein thyroid ho gayi thi .pregnancy mein 50 mcg ki tablet laana sa thyroid control mein aa gayi thi. After delivery maine 25 mcg laani start kar dii. After 45 days of delivery TSH-1.41 aur FT4-1.29 ho gayi hai. Please mujha batao ki mujha 25 mcg ki tablet continue hi rakhni chahiya ka khani chod deni chahiya? Agar continue rakhni hai toh kaab taak continue rakhni hai.
Health benefits? of ?tomato:
- Aids in digestion?
- Improves ?vision?
- Prevents ?gallstones?
- Lowers hypertension?
- Good source of antioxidants?
- Prevents ?urinary? ?tract? ?infections?
- Reduces ?cholesterol? & protects heart?
- Counters bad effects of ?cigarette? ?smoke?
- Reduces ?oxidative? ?stress? of type 2 diabetes