Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. NeerajaYour feedback matters!
Being a Dentist Dr. Ratnika Agrawal, I have lots of my patients who have the same query that "Though they brush twice a day", they still suffer from bad breath.
So, you have to understand the causes for bad breath. The root cause for bad breath are sulphur compounds produced by bacteria (Germs). Below are the conditions in which the bacterial count will increase in your mouth which can further lead to Bad Breath:- (Ascending in most probable way)
1. Periodontitis and Periodontal Diseases (Gum Diseases)
2. Plaque (Soft white substance on tooth)
3. Calculus (Hard white substance tooth)
4. Dental Cavity
5. Respiratory Tract Disease, Acid reflux disease (Something like Acidity), Diabetis (Ketoacidosis), Liver Disease, Kidney disease
The first 3 problems will solve with Scaling and Polishing and use of Antibiotics by your Dentist.
Your Dentist will give you mouthwash which will further reduce bacterial count in your mouth.
For 4th problem you have to visit your Dentist. There are numerous conditions and as such treatments for Dental caries.
And the 5th number problems can be solved by a registered medical physician. The acid reflux disease can further lead to Dental caries and subsequentlybad breath. The respiratory disease is a infectious condition which has to be treated by physician with antibiotics. In Diabetis sweet aroma is there in one’s breath due to ketons.
In conclusion, if your bad breath problem will not solve with only Brushing and Mouthwash, go and consult your nearer Dentist. He/She can definitely solve your problem.
Sir my daughter is 4 yrs old and she has cavity in her teeth. ( upper jaw one each side and lower jaw one each side). Please suggest the remedy.
I brush and floss regularly, but I still have bad breath all day and all the mouthwash I have tried stain my teeth. What can I do to make my breath smell better,
Hello My age is 21 and I am having irregular teeth so I want to use braces to straight en the teeth So please tell me how much time it will take to straight the teeth And I don't want to remove any teeth's to correct remaining teeth So please tell the possible way to straight teeth with out removing any teeth's.
This can lead to erosion which can lead to sensitivity
How to avoid this as we all need loads of fluids in summers. .
Always try and rinse with water after an aerated drink. . If you cannot rinse , swish and drink some water.
Enjoy summers and take care too.
Dr. Now days I face a problem of sensitivity in mu teeth so what can I do for remove this problem please solve it.
Sir in the morning when I get brush after that tongue cleaner with tongue cleaner blood also get from my tongue,is it a disease, then what is the solution of this problem.
Oil pulling includes gargling oil around the mouth like a mouthwash. During oil pull you put a tablespoon of oil in your mouth and then rinse it around for 15 to 20 minutes. The advantage of doing this is, it decreases the measure of unsafe bacteria in the mouth. The microscopic organisms in the mouth create a biofilm on the teeth a thin layer that they use to stick to the surface. This is what we call ‘plaque’.
Having some plaque on your teeth is only normal. Yet, when it gets out of hand, it can bring about a wide range of issues, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum aggravation, gingivitis and cavities. The way oil pulling works is basic. When you are gargling oil around your mouth, the bacteria get stuck in it and break down in the fluid oil.
Here is a step-by-step instruction for the procedure:
- Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil in your mouth. Natural sesame oil is generally used in oil pulling. It is also okay to go with natural coconut oil.
- Rinse for around 20 minutes. The oil will get thicker and smooth as it blends with the saliva during this time and it should to be velvety white while releasing. It will be twofold in volume during this time because of the salivation. It can be difficult to gargle for the full 20 minutes, but it is very effective.
- Spit the oil into a dustbin in case you have a septic framework. Do not spit into the sink. The oil may thicken and clog the pipes. Try not to swallow the oil as it is ideally full of bacteria, poisons and discharge that are currently not in the mouth.
- Wash well with warm water. Warm water will clean the mouth better. Rinse a couple times with warm water to get any residual oil out of the mouth. A few sources prescribe washing with warm salt water.
- Brush well. Try to brush with a brushing blend to ensure any bacteria that still remains, is killed.
Some of the most common benefits of oil pulling are as follows:
- Can reduce harmful bacteria in the mouth: Streptococcus mutans is one of the principle bacteria in the mouth and a key player in plaque development and tooth decay.
- Can reduce plaque and gingivitis: Gingivitis is caused by aggravation of the gums and happens when the immune system begins attacking the microbes in the plaque.
- Can reduce bad breath: Bad breath, also called halitosis, is caused by the scent of chemicals and gasses delivered by the bacteria in the mouth.