Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Neera KanjaniYour feedback matters!
I have eye bag under my left eye and not associated with irritation, pain. I found this 2 days ago. I undergone for nose surgery 6 months ago. I read that these eye bags are symptoms for renal problems, can this be true in my case? Even I had fatty liver problem in my past. But now I do not feel any discomfort or pain in my body.
Dear Sir/mam, my mother suffering eye problem itching, pain etc: from last 1 year. Already consulted, doctor said dry eyes problem and given eye drops (smart tears 10 ml. Daily 4 to 6 times using this, but eye problem still not clear, continues using this drops any problem? Or any other medicines? please advise me.
Sir I Raj Borse, I want to know from you that how to protect our eyes from the side effect of using laptop?
While studying in my one eye water come out from some day and pain it become red. I wash by water but no effect water come out. What can I do.
1. Myself Gyanendra Verma, from Bareilly UP. I am suffering from backbone pain from last 3-4 months, please tell me the treatment of this disease. 2. My younger brother is suffering from fifiorytis in eyes last 3 months, please suggest the best treatment for this disease.
I am 20 years old and been suffering from severe headache since the past few days. I have checked my eye power, taken pills and also have had long hours of sleep but the problem still persists. What should I do?
When I read books with the specs on I feel as if the pages are getting uncomfortable to read and also tears falls out automatically. Also I find it hard to look in the sky during day time.
I am 21 years old and continuously there is a pain in my back for last 3 days and have pain in eyes also. Please help.
I am 18 years old and I have high power spectacles and it is still increasing. So how can I control the increasing power?
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.