Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Neelima PadmanabhanYour feedback matters!
Hiii! I'm humaira khan and I'm 22 year old.I've irregular periods problem and also hormonal disbalance,so because of these I also suffer with hairsutism .Plz tell some best and easy treatment or homeremedies for this ?
Hi, We got married five 5 month ago, my wife had regular menses from Dec to Feb but for March it got delayed for 15 days for her menses we everyone thought see conceived. But suddenly period occurred on 45th Day. She will be ok to conceive in coming month. We are planning for baby and really worried.
I am 26 years female married, my last menstrual period was 1st October, and on 1st November I missed my period, I take a test on 6th November and it's positive so my question is how many days or week I am pregnant, I don't know how to count. Please tell me.
Having a healthy sex life is as important as being healthy physically and mentally. Regular intercourse can give you a longer lifespan, boost your immune system, give you better sleep and help you manage stress more effectively. When it comes to sex, variation is the key in keeping the spark alive between couples. Some people may find sex toys an interesting way of expressing themselves and stimulating themselves or their partners.
Today, sex toys can be easily bought online or offline with most people preferring the former. Some of the sex toys easily available in India include vibrators, role play costumes, dildos, anal stimulants, adult games, etc. Sex toys can be used by both men and women on their own or with their partners. While there is no proven health benefit to using these sexual aids, it can increase your sexual pleasure in a number of ways including
- An increased chance of orgasming for women: Women often find it hard orgasming with traditional vaginal intercourse. Hence toys that offer clitoral stimulation may make it easier for a woman to climax and may even increase the intensity of her orgasms.
- Increased intimacy: Introducing a sex toy into your relationship can increase intimacy by making sex more enjoyable and fun.
- Less pressure on performance: This is true especially in the case of men who have performance anxiety. Knowing that you can please your partner with a sex toy reduces the pressure on you to be able to please him or her. The use of a vibrator can also cut down foreplay time thus helping men who complain of premature ejaculation. The use of a dildo can also help a couple have longer intercourse in the case of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Increased self-awareness: Using sex toys can give you a better understanding of your body and how it is most aroused.
The effect of sex toys on sexual pleasure
Sexual pleasure is like food and sleep for the body. It soothes and relaxes the mind and body, eliminates stress and is great for your cardiovascular system, brain and nerves. Sexual pleasure is also not a non-sided affair reserved for men. And the sex toy industry is the forerunner of sexual equality by being female-centric. There are more sex toys in the market today for women than men. Let’s take a quick look at a few of the sex toys in the market for men and women, shall we?
- Vibrators: These sex toys are meant to make women orgasm. They come in different shapes and sizes and their types include
- Clitoral vibrators: These stimulate the clitoris. A few of them also have a point on the end for pinpointed clitoral stimulation; most of them though are designed to fit snugly on the vulva or the outer part of the female genitalia.
- Rabbit vibrators: These stimulate both the clitoris and the G-spot. This can be done either at the same time or one at a time.
- Vibrating Eggs: Also called bullet vibrators, these are as small as an egg and are designed to be used externally to stimulate the clitoris. These can also be used inside the vagina, which makes them excellent for beginners.
- G-spot vibrators: These are internal vibrators that focus on the G-spot. They have a curved tip to stimulate the G-spot.
- Finger vibrators: They are also used to put direct pressure on the clitoris while wearing them on a finger.
- Wearable vibrators: These can be worn inside the panties to stimulate the clitoris.
- Couple vibrators: They are used by couples during sex. These are designed in such a way that one part stimulates the clitoris and the other part goes inside the vagina and stimulates the G-spot, while the penis is inside at the same time. This way both partners feel the vibrations.
- Pulsators: ?Pulsators are the latest type of sex toys for women. They are more than mere vibrators as they mimic the back and forth movement of penetration. Pulsators can be used both vaginally and anally for sexual pleasure.
- Dildos: Dildos are penetrative sex toys and they do not always vibrate. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes which mean that you can choose one that works for you.
- Anal toys: These include anything that goes inside the anus. These toys enhance sexual pleasure during the sexual act by going inside the anus and stimulating the nerve endings there. Dildos can also be used as anal toys. As they move back and forth, they can be used to achieve orgasm. Butt plugs, another anal toy stays put and creates a sensation of fullness. Some of them also vibrate for extra stimulation! Anal beads are a string of beads that increase in size. These can be inserted in the anus for stimulation.
- Penis toys for men:
- Penis rings are worn around the base of the penis. These work by constricting blood flow so that erections last longer, producing more intense orgasms.
- Masturbators: These are essentially ‘sleeves’ or tubes that provide extra ribbing and texture while masturbating. A few masturbation sleeves vibrate for more pleasure.
How to increase the pleasure of the toys by adding herbal aphrodisiacs?
The use of herbal aphrodisiacs that can be imbibed while using sex toys has enhanced both the quality of orgasms and their length. A few herbal aphrodisiacs that you can include with the use of sex toys are
- Ashwagandha: Studies show that Ashwagandha stimulates the production of a chemical called DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone. This is a hormone which is converted by your body into testosterone and estrogen. Hence, ashwagandha is an excellent sex enhancer. Take 2 to 4ml twice a day for sexual bliss.
- Asparagus: In French history, they say that the bride and groom-to be ate asparagus three times a day before their wedding to increase their libido for the wedding night. Why Asparagus works as an aphrodisiac is because it has aspartic acid that helps to neutralize extra ammonia found in our bodies which is responsible for weakness and sexual disinterest.
When using sex toys, it is important to remember that these toys are not meant to replace human partners. It is also crucial to use these toys carefully and to ensure that they are always kept clean. Washing it with a soap and water solution is usually enough to clean the toys and the use of harsher chemicals should be avoided. Do not share your toys with others as this can lead to the transference of STDs and other diseases. You may also consider using a lubricant with sex toys. In addition, you could also use herbal aphrodisiacs to increase your pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
If having sex on the 8th day (counting from the first day of the period) of the menstrual cycle can lead to pregnancy in the case of irregular periods (periods will be late for 5 days to 1 week approximately).
Hello. I skip my one period .I had devry 10 mg to get my periods. It's has been 5 days since I had 5 days tablet devry 10 I didnt had my periods.
Normally a man can do sex how many times in a day regularly. I am 29 year old and able to have sex with my wife once in a day, sometimes two. What should I do to cure it and with whom I should concern.
Dear doctor, As I step in my 5th month of pregnancy by god grace can you please help me with diet chart or nutritional diet which is both beneficial for me and child. Please suggest.
I am 20 years old. Last I had my periods on 12th jan. My periods are irregular n are mostly 3-4 days late. I had sex on 28th jan with protection. And I haven't got my periods still. Am 6 days late. I do feel pain in my legs as I get it before periods but no periods yet. And there are no symptoms of pregnancy. Is it normal or anything to worry?
I'm unmarried 24 years women. My concern is my low blood flow during periods. I am in relationship from past 6 months. We never had sex actually. We masturbate but we have taken all the care of not inserting his sperms in my vagina. We have oral sex. Kiss each other. We meet every alternate days and kiss each other and have oral sex (both) My blood flow was for 4days and now its almost 3 days. It is keep on reducing. But my periods are regular every month (after 24 days every month. I never had any health issues no headache. I used to get fever or cold after every 6-7 months before. But now I don? T have any problem. Now I don? T get cold, no fever, no other health issue. My hemoglobin level is also 13 (checked past 7 months) I eat everything regularly and all healthy. We chat over phone for hours at night. But still I get full 8 hrs deep without disturbance sleep. I don? T have any problem now bt still my blood flow is less. It has reduced to 3 days. And now I need to increase my flow. Please advise. Is this a problem to concern? I am worried now.
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and i am married since three years and I want to conceive and my weight is appx 80 above please suggest me.
I am 25 years old. I have skinny body and I am 5'2" 40 kgs weight. I was diagnosed with pcod and hirsutism. What should I eat to increase my body weight and balance the hormone levels?
While alcohol and drug addiction are commonplace, sexual addiction is also a real problem. This addiction can affect men and women. In many cases, this type of addiction lasts for months before it is diagnosed. A sex addict is a person who uses casual sex to relieve anxiety, tension, feelings of loneliness etc. In some cases, people can get so obsessed with sexual activities and thoughts that it affects their day to day life. This addiction can involve activities that are considered normal and healthy or be focused on activities that are socially frowned upon. It can manifest itself in the form of one night stands, engaging with prostitutes, watching porn excessively etc. Thankfully, as with any other kind of addiction, sexual addiction can be treated.
It is not easy to diagnose a sex addict as this form of addiction has many stages. Some of the symptoms a sex addict professional looks out for are:
Intense sexual urges.
Abnormal sexual activities.
Difficulty connecting with people emotionally.
The use of sex as an escape from uncomfortable situations etc.
Irresponsible sexual behaviour.
Hence, the first step to coping with sexual addiction is for the patient to visit a doctor and accept that he or she has a problem. Many addicts do not realise they have a problem and lie to both themselves and their partners about the addiction. For example, most sexual addicts tell themselves that they watch porn only occasionally and that is simply harmless fun.
Once diagnosed, an addict needs positive motivation. Humiliation or looking down on the person because of his or her habits may worsen the situation instead of helping the person. Overcoming an addiction to pornography, voyeurism, phone sex, compulsive masturbation etc require intense effort and for this the person needs to feel that the people around him support him.
The patient and his loved ones also need to recognise the symptoms of the addiction. For example, if a person tends to watch pornography at night, he needs to ensure that he is occupied with something else until the urge to watch it goes away. In achieving this he may need the help of the people he lives with.
In some cases, psychotherapy may also be required to treat sexual addicts. This can be in the form of both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. Psychotherapy takes the form of both one on one counselling sessions and group exercises. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 17 years old I missed my period since 42 days I had sex with my bf what is the solution for me if i'm pregnant please give me solution.
Unexplained infertility is infertility that is idiopathic in the sense that its cause remains unknown even after an infertility work-up, usually including semen analysis in the man and assessment of ovulation and fallopian tubes in the woman.
In unexplained infertility abnormalities are likely to be present but not detected by current methods. Possible problems could be that the egg is not released at the optimum time for fertilization, that it may not enter the fallopian tube, sperm may not be able to reach the egg, fertilization may fail to occur, transport of the zygote may be disturbed, or implantation fails. It is increasingly recognized that egg quality is of critical importance and women of advanced maternal age have eggs of reduced capacity for normal and successful fertilization. Also, polymorphisms in folate pathway genes could be one reason for fertility complications in some women with unexplained infertility. Aberrant reproductive immunology such as decreased maternal immune tolerance towards the embryo may also be a possible explanation. However, a growing body of evidence suggests that epigenetic modifications in sperm may be partially responsible.
In india up to 25% of infertile couples have unexplained infertility.
- Potential methods in unexplained infertility include oral ovarian stimulation agents as well as (IUI), intracervical insemination (ICI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- In women who have not had previous treatment, ovarian stimulation combined with IUI achieves approximately the same live birth rate as IVF.
- On the other hand, in women who have had previous unsuccessful treatment, IVF achieves a live birth rate approximately 2-3 times greater than ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
- IUI and ICI has higher pregnancy rates when combined with ovarian stimulation in couples with unexplained infertility, for IUI being 13% unstimulated and 15% stimulated, and for ICI being 8% unstimulated and 15% stimulated. However, the rate of twin birth increases substantially with IUI or ICI combined with ovarian stimulation, for IUI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated, and for ICI being 6% unstimulated and 23% stimulated.
- According to oral ovarian stimulation agents should not be given to women with unexplained infertility. Rather, it is recommended that in vitro fertilization should be offered to women with unexplained infertility when they have not conceived after 2 years of regular unprotected sexual intercourse. IVF avails for embryo transfer of the appropriate number of embryos to give good chances of pregnancy with minimal risk of multiple birth.
- A review of randomized studies came to the result that IVF in couples with a high chance of natural conception, as compared to IUI/ICI with or without ovarian stimulation, was more effective in three studies and less effective in two studies.
- There is no evidence for an increased risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) with IVF when compared with ovarian stimulation combined with IUI.
Prognosis in unexplained infertility depends on many factors, but can roughly be estimated by e.g. the Hunault model, which takes into account female age, duration of infertility/subfertility, infertility/subfertility being primary or secondary, percentage of motile sperm and being referred by a gynecologist, sexual medicine specialist or N infertility specialist.