Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
How often its safe to take emergency contraceptive pills (eg- ipill or unwanted 72). If my partner take a ipill today and after 3 months again we had unprotected sex and again if she takes emergency contraceptive pill, is it ok? Does it affects her heath? After how much duration we can take these kind of pills so that it should not affect her health. Is there any side effects of such pills. Please advise.
I am 8 month pregnant and my 9 month is going to start. Please suggest should I have little bit desi ghee daily in my diet. Does by having desi ghee it cause Bp problem and breathing issue. Moreover can I have dry fruits in my diet now. Pls suggest what should we eat to have normal delivery?
If you are over 35 years of age at the time of conceiving or have a positive triple test( for down's syndrome screening) or have a significant positive family history of a genetic disorder, you may be asked to undergo a procedure called amniocentesis between 15-18weeks of pregnancy.
During pregnancy, the fetus is surrounded by a water bag which acts as a cushion for the baby. This water is mainly formed by the baby and is called the Amniotic fluid.
Amniocentesis is a procedure through which we remove a small amount of amniotic fluid from the water bag in the uterus. This fluid contains cells shed by the fetus and these cells can be analyzed in the lab to give us genetic information that we need.
The procedure usually involves getting an ultrasound done and then under constant ultrasound guidance,a needle is introduced through the mother's abdomen into the water bag. Around 15-20 ml of fluid is removed and sent to the genetics lab so that the cells can grow and be analyzed. Early results are usually available in about 3 days a and the final reports are available by 3 weeks.
Amniocentesis is a definitive test and helps to confirm a tentative diagnosis of an abnormality previously found with other screening tests. It may also find that a fetus does not have the abnormality that was suspected.
Hi. Could you please suggest the foods to be taken for infertility especially during ovulation to increase the chances of conception.
Hello Dr. I am having unprotected sex from 3-4 moths with my wife planning for baby. But she is not getting pregnant. Please suggest.
Hello doctor's, Today is 10 days after my period. I went to scan. In that scan report I got Right ovary 8 mm and Left ovary Nopf and and EM is 7. 5 mm . Can you tell what it mean can I get pregnant? Can I know with this I have the follicular have or not. Please reply me.
Is it normal to have heavy bleeding after sex after the first time. Even my fiance had wore condoms.
Aged 73 years, is a retired male living in Madurai, Tamilnadu. I am having the problem of passing urine.I am passing urine very little in day time and lot during nights. I have to getup every one and half or 2 hours. It disrups my sleep very much. I do not experience any pain whie pssing urine or otherwise.I will be glad to have your valuable adivise in this matter.
M 21 years old on 16.2. 16 I got my periods. My fiance fingered me n left sum sperm on my plenty on 23.2. 16 I took i-pill on same tym n get mensuration on 2-3-16 which ended on 9-3-16 I got cramps on 16-3-16 as I was expecting my periods but it not came. Till today it's 17-4-16. On 16-3-16 when my periods missed for first tym I took an pregnancy test which results negative. Also getting cramps in lower abdomen n expecting period on 16 but it's not came. Wat to do. I want to knw when it's going to cum. I dnt usually get periods on tym.
hello doctor my wife got pregnant 3 months ago and got miscarriage may be blighted ovum. Doctor said to wait two months again to conceive. Now its third month we tried this month but can not conceive.. If it possible that I hv les sperm count or what the problem is? please reply.
Ihav missed my periods. Last was on 25th of dec. Yet nw I haven't got my period. I checked in preganews bt the result was negative. Wat should I do nw to get my periods early.
I'm 34 years muslim male. I m in love wit a 34 years muslim divorce women. Is it safe to have a sex with her once we get married bcoz she is having a 1 child with previous marriage. Thanks.
Contrary to what most girls have been led to believe about the hymen being a flat tissue that covers the vagina and is ripped during penetrative intercourse, the truth is that hymen is a fringe of tissue around the vaginal opening. It is not an intact tissue draping across the vaginal wall because without any outlet for the menstrual blood, girls would get periods only after they lose their virginity. (Know more about Irregular Periods)
Here are a few mind-boggling facts about the hymen.
- Just like labia, every woman's hymen varies in color, size and shapes.
- It is elastic and stretchy in most cases. Vaginal delivery makes the hymen less visible by smoothening and stretching it.
- Despite popular belief, the pain women experience when they have sex for the first time is not due to your hymen breaking, but because your vaginal muscles are too tense and/or you're going at it too rough and fast without adequate lubrication.
- Simple exercises such as walking, riding bicycles, doing splits as well as horseback riding may rip your hymen long before you have had intercourse.
- Hymens should not be perceived as the indicator of sexual activity because they are extremely stretchy and stay with you your entire life. Even sexually active people have hymens.
- If you do not resort to any sexual activity (including penetration during masturbation), the hymen returns to its default position in your vulva.
- Very few women have an imperforate hymen in which the opening is too small for penetration whether by tampons, fingers, sex toys or an erect penis. A simple surgery needs to be conducted in such a case where parts of the hymen are snipped away.
- There is a growth in hymenoplasty, also known as hymen reconstruction surgery, in the past few years because hymen is viewed as an indicator of virginity and there have been cases of annulment, public humiliation, torture and even death because they believe that the hymen is not intact due to sexual activity; therefore making hymenoplasty an effective solution.
- Although, not an indicator of the amount of sexual activities performed, one must seek immediate medical attention after being sexually assaulted because it can be examined to prove sexual abuse. (Learn more about Sexual Activity Affects Vaginal Health)