Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nayana Susan John
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nayana Susan JohnYour feedback matters!
I felt senior numbness specially in my leg after sitting sometime in folding leg position or seat long time. I took neurobion forte twice daily for one month but did not get any result. Please help me.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
I am having numbness and tingling sensation under the feet, no sugar but have BP and also went through angioplasty 3 years back, took blood test found vitamin b12 deficiency, How do we cure vitamin b12.
Hello. I am having problem with head. I have some times severe headache. Sometimes I feel very unconscious. Also I have low eye sight. Some symptoms like migraine. What can I do.
Menstrual Migraine can be termed as an extremely persistent headache that can happen just before, during or right after menstruation. Often, the feeling of nausea also keeps on lingering. The cause which triggers this type of migraine can be the fluctuating levels of oestrogen that a woman’s body experiences when she is on her periods.
What can be the possible treatment?
Application of ice pack or simply rubbing ice on your forehead can help lessen the pain a bit.
Relaxation exercises can be practiced to reduce the tension of the muscles.
Acupuncture therapy can also be done to improve the headache and it can further aid in relaxation of the muscles.
Your doctor can also administer TRIPTAN (specific drugs used to treat the symptoms of migraine which work on the chemical receptors within the brain) if the pain is unbearable.
Do not experiment much with hormonal contraception methods after unsafe sexual intercourse. It just might worsen the pain.
NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can also be administered, only if they have been prescribed by the doctor, as the harmful effects of those drugs are aplenty.
Magnesium deficiency in the body is one of the most important causes for menstrual migraines. Thus, eating foods rich in magnesium such as dark leafy greens, nuts, whole grains, avocados, bananas, etc. and taking magnesium supplements or vitamins are advisable.
- There are certain foods which can even trigger such attacks. They include foods packed with monosodium glutamate (MSG), aged cheese and caffeine. Such foods should be strictly avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.