Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nayana.P HegdeYour feedback matters!
• Memory loss that gets worse, starting with forgetting recent events and new information, progressing to not recognizing friends and family members
• Difficulty concentrating
• Difficulty understanding words, completing sentences, or finding the right words
• Getting lost in familiar places
• Aggression, agitation, anxiety, restlessness
• Distrusting others
• Withdrawal, disinterest, hostility, or loss of inhibitions
• Problems with movement or coordination
• Muscle stiffness, shuffling or dragging feet while walking
• Insomnia or change in sleep patterns
• Weight loss
• Muscle twitching or seizures
• Eating more fatty, cold-water fish, such as tuna and salmon, may lower your risk of dementia. Fish have high levels of omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for the heart and the brain. Eating fish at least 2 to 3 times per week provides a healthy amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
• Antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C (found in darkly colored fruits and vegetables), may help prevent damage caused by free radicals.
• Keeping blood pressure levels normal may reduce the risk for Alzheimer disease.
• Keeping mentally and socially active may help delay the start or slow the progression of Alzheimer disease.
The goals in treating Alzheimer disease are to:
• Slow progression of the disease
• Manage behavior problems, confusion, and agitation
• Provide a safe living environment
• Support family members and other caregiver
Studies show the following lifestyle changes may help improve behavior in people with Alzheimer disease:
• A regular walk with a caregiver or trusted companion may improve communication skills and reduce the chance of wandering.
• Bright light therapy may reduce insomnia and wandering.
• Calming music may reduce wandering and restlessness, boost brain chemicals, and improve behavior.
• Pets can sometimes help people improve behavior.
• Relaxation training and other exercises that require focused attention may help boost social interaction and make it easier to do tasks.
Nutrition and Dietary Supplements
People with Alzheimer disease may need help with their diet. They often forget to eat and drink and can get dehydrated.
Follow these tips for a healthy diet:
• Eat antioxidant foods, including fruits (such as blueberries, cherries, and tomatoes) and vegetables (such as squash and bell peppers).
• Eat foods high in B-vitamins and calcium, such as almonds, beans, whole grains, dark leafy greens (such as spinach and kale), and sea vegetables such as kelp and dulse.
• Eat more high-fiber foods, including beans, oats, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and yams).
• Avoid refined foods such as white breads, pastas, and especially sugar.
• Eat fewer red meats and more lean meats and cold-water fish.
• Use healthy oils in foods, such as olive oil
• Reduce or eliminate trans-fats, found in commercially-baked goods, such as cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
• DO NOT smoke.
• Drink 6 to 8 glasses of filtered water daily.
• Exercise at least 30 minutes daily, 5 days a week.
• Ginkgo (Ginkgo biloba) shows some evidence for treating early Alzheimer disease and vascular dementia. If you are taking blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin clopidogrel, or aspirin, DO NOT use ginkgo without your doctor's supervision.
• Huperzine A, a chemical made from the plant Huperzia serrata, may improve memory in both vascular and Alzheimer dementia, according to several studies in China.
• American ginseng(Panax quinquefolium) improves blood flow to the brain.
• One study found that lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) helped improve mental function in people with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer disease. Lemon balm may act like a mild sedative.
• Bacopa (Bacopa monnieri) leaf extract, called Brahmi, is used in Ayurvedic or Indian medicine to improve brain function and learning. Bacopa may slow your heart rate. People with stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, or emphysema should not tale bacopa.
• Vinpocetine (isolated from Vinca minor) may increase blood flow to the brain and help the brain use oxygen better. Vinpocetine may interact with blood-thinning medicines
Massage and Physical Therapy
People with Alzheimer disease become frustrated and anxious because they cannot communicate well with language. Using touch, or massage, as nonverbal communication may help.
Music therapy, using music to calm and heal, cannot slow or reverse dementia. But it may improve quality of life for both a person with Alzheimer disease and their caregiver.
Preliminary studies suggest aromatherapy, including lavendar may help alleviate agitation among people who have dementia.
Alzheimer disease can lead to many complications, including:
• "Sundowning", withdrawal or agitation in the evening
• Malnutrition and dehydration
• Infection, from urinary tract infections or pneumonia
• Asphyxiation, stopped breathing
• Harmful or violent behavior toward self or others
• Poor health and support due to caregiver burnout
• Physical and emotional abuse, including neglect
• Heart disease
Alzheimer disease gets worse over time, however, people with the disease may live for many years. Those with a long-standing history of high blood pressure are more likely to get worse faster.
I am 25 year old male. I want to know that if I want to lose 5-10 kg of weight bu only following a normal diet and basic exercise. What Should I eat and at what interval anc type of exercise to follow?
I am 58 yrs lady diagnosed to be diabetes from 2 yrs taking oral tab Diabend M twice half dose daily B/BF and B/dinner.Test results OK both fasting n PP levels. Wish to know which fruits to be taken and any nuitritional supplement desired.
Dr . Saheb namaskar Presently I'm unable to enjoy sex because of standing problem of penis. My penis could not erectile properly. Pl . Suggest some medicine for penis standing and energy. My age is 48years. Thanks
I am 27 years old male. I have a problem of male pattern baldness and I have lost hairs from the front side of my head. The back and middle portion is still full of hairs. I want to undergo hair transplant to cover up the area where baldness has started to show. I want to know the price and how long will it take to generate hairs from the front bald portion.
I am 20 years old and I want to increase my height is it possible with any kind of medicines and I am 5.4 ft now.
I am 29 years old in my bread and body getting grey hair could you please give suggestion and also provide to me medicine details please.
Can masturbation cause yellowing of urine? For past 1 year I'm experience this problem. When I drink more water in that day the urine is normal colour. Colour of my urine changes from white to pale yellow to dark yellow depending on the amount of water I intake. And I masturbate twice a week. Is it because of masturbation or due to some other reasons ? Jaundice ? Even if I drink more water urine comes frequently. Can anyone suggest me the reasons ?
My mother is suffering from extreme joint pain on left knee. And swelling. She is 48 years old. Wat should we do? W.
I had pigmentation problem so I took microdermabration treatment before two and my dermatologist gave me some of skin whitening creams that contains hydroquinon in it so my skin complexion improved but its been more than two years I cant stop using that creams because whenever I try to discontinue I become dark and whenever I expose to sun I get tanned even after using sunscreen of spf 50 now am really frustrated because of this issue and I want to lead a normal life but i'm really afraid of my skin becoming dark please help me.
I am 21 years female suffering from body acne since years. After waxing, the acne increases. How to cure it permanently?
We are family of 4.all are having fever cough and cold. Husband has no fever since 3 days bt my 20 month old daughter is having 7 day of fever .for me and my son its 4 days of fever. please guide wht we should do.
Joint pain refers to discomfort, aches, and soreness in any of the body's joints. Arthritis is a frequent cause of joint pain. The two main forms of arthritis, which may cause joint pain, are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. In fact, arthritis affects over 180 million people in India, with most of them being under the age of 25, and women in the age bracket of 20-40 being most severely affected by rheumatoid arthritis. Other common causes of joint pain are bursitis, lupus, gout, infection of the bone, cancer, and rickets.
Women face the problem of joint pain mostly because of menopause. Estrogen reduction during menopause very often means a bone loss that puts women at risk for osteoporosis. It is the thinning of the bone that dramatically increases the risk of fracture in women. Fractures due to osteoporosis affect about half of the women over 50.
Osteoporosis is a silent problem but osteoarthritis makes itself known. It causes achy joints, which can be very painful. Osteoarthritis results from the loss of cartilage in a joint, which causes the bones to rub together, eventually damaging the joint.
Joints, which experience high impacts such as hips and knees, tend to be most affected by menopausal arthritis. Hands and fingers can also be affected. Dehydration in women can also cause joint pain because of a buildup of uric acid, which can cause inflammation in the joints.
How can you as a woman prevent joint pain?
- It is important to reduce the pressure of repetitive strain. Some exercises such as yoga and swimming are beneficial for strengthening your muscles and joints without exerting too much pressure on them.
- Diet can have a positive influence on your joint health too. Fruits and vegetables have properties, which reduce inflammation (such as tomatoes, olive oil, and green, leafy vegetables to name a few). Having a balanced diet will not only help you with many menopause symptoms but will keep your weight in check, thereby preventing obesity and consequently joint pain.
Related Tip: How Homeopathy Can Cure Muscle and Joint Pain??