Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen NYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years boy. I want to get rid of swollen mouth (challa. This happens frequently to me. I addressed many doctors for this but it will not work.
I had root canal treatment almost 10 years ago due to an injury in 3 teeth. Now the teeth have started becoming darker in color. Is this expected after rct? I was not told of any such effects while undergoing the surgery.
I am 45 year old man and I was heavy pain of jaw and teeth from 10 days, doctor also extirpate one teeth but, my pain is not less. Kindly help me.
My daughter is 7 years old. She suffers from mouth ulcers frequently though she is being given balanced diet with plenty of cereals. She is a fussy eater. When the condition become worsened we use to apply a mouth gel, naming zyglote or some thing else similar to this. Becousules syrup was also given to her but all in vain. This is being happen since last 2 years at an interval of 2 months approximately. It disappears automatically in 8-10 days. Food intake becomes a matter of great concern. Please advise.
9. What are the most important signs to look out for in terms of eye damage or dental problems? Is there anything I can do to keep my eyes and teeth as healthy as possible?
I have recently done root canal to set right a decayed tooth. Even at that time I had sensitivity in the teeth around the affected teeth. After root canal sensitivity is not gone. What is the way out. Any special tooth paste required to be used?
My mother is 60 years old. She is suffering from dry mouth problem. All the time her tongue and inner mouth are dry. No saliva is there. All types of remedies are applied. What should I do?
Gases, acidity,no hunger, dry mouth, hiccups, upper back pain, left shoulder pain, weakness, heavy head, sometime feeling fear.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
During my sixth std a cyst was developed at my lateral incisor because there is a delay in permanent teeth of so doctor removed my teeth by performing surgery. Now I want to rectify that gap .some one is saying to remove all my incisors and clipped and the other is saying to have zirconium teeth by decreasing the size of adjacent teeth. Do in future there is a possibility of any advanced technology or alternative without effecting other teeth other than screwing. My age 20.
I had mild pain in my jaws, pain in one ear and soar throat for a fortnight. Now it is getting reduced. I smokes two to three cigarettes a day and afraid of oral cancer. Do I have to wait for few more days or to consult a doctor immediately.
I am 40 years male and blood comes out from my upper teeth (not lower jaw teeth) when I brush. What do you think? Is it because of structure of my teeth and are they can be fixed using braces at this age?
I am a moderate smoker and lasted atleast 7 to 8 teach (both upper and lower). My age is 58. Suggest corrective action. Unable to eat and chew properly. Facing other digestion related problems. I am located hyderabad.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!