Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen KumarYour feedback matters!
I have my tooth decayed to the gum line. What should I do and how much it costs to replace total tooth.
Hello doctor I'm 23 years old female. I have tooth caries. And some tooth are cracking. I think there is insecticide. How to cure that with medicine or any paste or mouthwash like that in home because am living in my mother in laws house she won't allow me to go to hospital. Am so scared please help me out.
Mera mau kam khulta Hai ab me tambacoo bhi nahi chewing karta hau aur koye problem bhi nahi Hai full mau keshai khule ga
A white layer (bacteria) on my tough causes bad breath. I am suffering this problem from past one year. What should I do?
1. Brush your teeth twice daily.
2. Floss your teeth if you feel food is stuck in between your teeth.
3. Visit your dentist at least once in 6 months and get all your small decays of teeth filled and your mouth cleaned.
Cleaning your teeth doesn't loosen your teeth or affect your gums. This is a common misconception people have. In fact cleaning removes all the tartar accumulated over your teeth which has caused bone loss around your teeth so you feel teeth are loose. But in fact teeth will become stronger if you get that tartar out as the bone will heal and give better support to your teeth.
4. Avoid eating sticky sweet food at night. This will encourage more decaying of teeth.
5. Rinse your mourn daily with a mouth wash prescribed by your dentist.
Hello doctor my self sara I am salini I am 42 year old female and I have gums bleeding problem last five months what should I do.
-1/2hr before meal time. Tooth clean with brush daily twice morning-night
-plenty of fluids and fruits juice any.
-avoid peace / fatty /cooked oily fast junk food,
Sir I sajid want to ask you about my gum from which bleeding gets in the morning. Sometimes smell too.
Hi. I have bad breath problem. I consult so many dentist but all of them said that my teeth r perfect. Then I went to gaestrologist for my stomach check up as my mouth becomes dry so early and for check up that may be it is coming from stomach gases but they also said that your system is perfect. There is no problem. So I didn't understand that why it comes. Then I searched that it may be due to psychic reasons also. That now I think alot about it. So it comes. Please doctors suggest me something that is it right that I think alot about it and it comes all time due to over thinking. Nd if yes then please suggest some cure for it. I really need your help thanks.
I am facing a problem of ulcers in my mouth again and again. It takes around a week after taking medicine. But after some time again I get ulcers. What should I do now so that I won't get ulcer frequently or never.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.