Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
I have undergone hernia operation 2 months ago on the left side pl let me know when can I resume my gym activities ? I am diabetic.
I am 36 year woman and mother of 5 years old, after the birth of my son I always have heavy bleeding during my periods which leads to anemia and I feel terribly weak afterwords what can I do to check that.
In mornings near to my period days, my face, hands and foot got swelling. This lead to headache in the noon. Happens before and after the periods.
Dear Doctor i have pain in left side of neck and burps coming from mouth and some times vibration in forehead i personally feel that it could be gastric problem as lot of burps coming from mouth . I also get tired and feel weak by little effort kindly suggest what it is
I've been having upper abdominal pain, in the same area which hurt prior to my gallbladder removal in 1995. I've lost close to 50lbs in 8-9 months without trying,
Facts of Sodium
1. Sodium is a component of salt which is an essential ingredient of our diet. It is also known as sodium chloride (NaCl) in which sodium is 40% and chloride is 60%.
2. Sodium is an important mineral which maintains water balance in our body.
3. Sodium regulates the blood pressure with potassium.
4. It is involved in the proper functioning of both nerve impulses and muscles within the body.
5. It is added for flavour enhancement and to increase the self-life of certain food.
6. Processed and preserved food e.g. Cheese, condiments, fast foods, pickles, sauces soup, some frozen vegetables and canned food usually have high sodium content.
7. It is used as dressing for salad etc.
8. The body needs only a small amount of sodium to function properly. I. E, 500 milligrams /day. Usually. Fda recommends 2300 milligrams /day.
9. The sodium portion of the salt is associated with high blood pressure.
10. In India, hypertension disease burden which in the year 2007 was 125 million is expected to become 214 million by 2025.
11. It is essential to control the sodium intake which plays an important role in hypertension.
12. Salt sodium conversion will help us to reduce the sodium content
A. 1/4 teaspoon salt = 575 mg sodium
B. 1/2 teaspoon salt = 1, 150 mg sodium
C. 3/4 teaspoon salt = 1, 725 mg sodiu
D. 1 teaspoon salt = 2, 300 mg sodium
13. For optimal heart health, the American heart association recommends people aim to eat no more than 1, 500 milligrams of sodium per day i.e. approximately tsp salt daily