Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
Although your body is already in possession of the bacteria leading to tuberculosis, your immune system is able to prevent you from becoming sick. Doctors have made a distinction between latent and active tuberculosis (TB). In case of latent TB, the bacteria in the body in a passive state and it causes no symptoms, and therefore it is not contagious. But, in the case of active TB, you would become sick and may even spread the disease to others. It can take place in the first few weeks or even after several months of being infected with TB bacteria.
What are the symptoms of active TB?
If you are coughing for over three weeks and sometimes even coughing up blood, it can be a sign of TB. Chest pain and pain while coughing and breathing along with fatigue, fever, chills and night sweat are the common symptoms of TB along with loss of appetite and unintentional weight loss. TB may even affect other organs of your body, including your brain, spine and kidneys. When TB takes place outside the lungs, then the signs of TB can vary as per the organs that are involved. For instance, TB in the spine can cause back pain and that in kidneys may cause blood in the urine.
What are the causes of TB?
TB is stemmed from a bacteria which spreads from individual to individual via the microscopic droplets that are released into the air. This may happen when an affected person is left untreated and he speaks or sneezes or coughs or laughs. Though the disease is contagious, it is not easy to be affected by it. As a result, you are much more likely to get affected with active tuberculosis from a person you live with or come in regular contact with, rather than a stranger. It is important to note here that people who are affected with TB and going through proper medications for over two weeks are no more contagious.
Right from the 1980s, the number of individuals affected with TB has increased dramatically, owing to the spread of HIV, which is the virus known for causing AIDS. A person infected with HIV has a weak immunity system as a result of which it becomes difficult for the body to deal with TB bacteria. So those who have AIDS are more likely to be affected with active TB and sometimes the latent form also progresses to an active one very quickly. Therefore, it is important to seek medical assistance and detect if you have any such health complications concerning TB.
I am suffering from itch on my whole body since one year. I am 28 years old, I am taking half cetrizine every 2 to 4 days when my body starts itching. As consulted from 3 doctors they identified urticaria. So after taking half cetrizine it seems there is no problem in my body. But once cetrizine power is coming down in 2 to 4 days my body starts burning slowly like chilly is mixed with blood. In some parts of body like hands legs thighs etc red itch mark come up for some minutes but my body burns without itch mark also. Please suggest if any solution is there and I can live my life without cetrizine.
How can we overcome weak immune system prone to frequent cold and throat ache. Is diet helpful in overcoming this issue. Pl suggest apart from ignoring cold stuff that is already taken care of.
After washing your hand after cumming with water and after it gets dried could there still be sperm alive?
Sir I think so I'm suffering from any sexual disease'coz hav noticed this many time I realised this when I ws having intercourse with my girlfriend. I lost my power to sex with the her coz sperm suddenly comes out nd I become tired. When I ws kissing her dat time I was in full of excitement. But after discharge again I was fail to become excited. This things are happens with me many times.. I'm very nervous what should I do. What should I do. please suggest me.
I am 34 years male. Married 1.5 years back. We never had sex properly due to tight vaginal opening of my wife. She alleged me for my penis oversized. I feel may be due to over sized the penis is not that hard and straight. It is also like a banana when complete erection. While sex and insert in vaginal opening I have to put access force, due to which now I feel I get quick ejaculation. Can you suggest some meds for Hard,
Hello sir Mujhe kuch time se ye problem hai ke kisi gandi photo ko dekhne pr ya sochne pr sperm ke kuch drops nikal ati hai aur vo jb tk stop nhi hoti ke jbtak Mai masturbation na kr lu please doctor tell me homeopathic medicine for it please. I am very nervous.
I have undergone a abdomen usg which suggested the presence of multiple follicles in ovary (pcod). I have been experiencing hair loss and hair thinning for a considerable amt of time but at the same time having excessive hair growth in unwanted areas. Further sometimes I get stressed a lot. Please suggest a treatment for this. Welcome your suggestions to deal with this.
Sleep is one such time when people usually are expected to lie down still and get rest. However, we have all heard of sleepwalking, a condition where a person walks during the sleep. Though it may sound strange, there is a deeper explanation for it both from a causative point of view and from managing it.
Things you should know?
- Sleepwalking happens when a person moves back from a deep sleep to a light sleep or awakening state.
- The person who is sleepwalking is usually not aware of it.
- Activities may range from simply getting up and sitting up in bed to walking around the room. They could also open the door and walk out to the neighbourhood. Moving furniture, changing dresses or driving a car, may also be some of the actions Most of these activities happens completely without their knowledge.
- Mostly happens in children up to the age of 12, but can be seen in adults also, where it assumes a more severe form.
- The person who is sleepwalking has a fixed stare with glassy eyes. They may appear dazed and lost when they are awakened.
- They may not respond when they are actually sleepwalking, or respond very slowly
- They can be brought back to bed and put back to sleep without being disturbed. Most children would go back to sleeping when this is done
- Though the parents can be very worried when they see children sleepwalking, reassurance is required, as it usually disappears as they cross teenage.
- There could be chances of small injury like tripping or fall during the sleepwalking episode
- Sleepwalkers may be more restless compared to other children during their waking hours
- Bedwetting is also quite common in children who sleepwalk
- Inappropriate sleep pattern with lack of sleep for prolonged periods is one of the main reasons for sleepwalking
- Excessive drinking
- Medical conditions like heart rhythm problems, acidity, gastric reflux, and seizures
- Psychiatric conditions like panic attacks and post-traumatic stress disorder can also lead to sleepwalking
- For a parent to see their child walking around in their sleep can be quite disturbing.
- Reassurance is required stating that it is just a temporary phase and will not stay beyond the teenage years
- Most people do not require any intervention unless accompanied by severe symptoms like going out of the house or driving
- Once established, it is advisable to avoid by not drinking too much alcohol, avoiding stress and anxiety and taking precautions like extra-secure locks to prevent sleepwalking and/or other side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.