Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. NaveenYour feedback matters!
I am 68 years old. I am suffering from nasal allergy for a long time. I have nose running and sneezing problem. It worsens during rainy season.
Hello doctor I m patient of tinnitus for three years all tests are ok doctor says live with it now I m very depress please suggest any treatment.
Hi Feeling very fatigue and stress. Last week was very tiring making reports and presentation. Water intake was reduced. Having motions 2-3 times a day. Tight stomach. Boils are occurring on my forehead n neck. Today morning I had a soar throat, did ghargal use betadine. Could you please advice some medication for having proper motions. I feel if my motions are clear then my fatigue n stress problem can be solved.
Tonsillitis is an affliction that plagues a fair share of people. Located at the back of your throat, tonsils are essentially two small glands, which contain white blood cells to defend your body against infection. However, on account of germ attacks, sometimes the tonsils get infected and this results in the swelling of the tonsil glands, which in turn causes sore throat and aligned maladies.
Tonsillitis may be cured through surgical procedures. However, an isolated case of the inflammation of the tonsils need not warrant a surgery. Tonsillectomy or the surgical method of curing tonsillitis is only recommended for extreme cases of tonsillitis. Only the frequent sufferers of tonsillitis take recourse to tonsillectomy for a durable and effective solution. Surgeries are only done on those who have had at least seven bouts of strep throats within a span of a year.
Tonsillectomies essentially involve surgical removal of the tonsils either using a scalpel or burning the tissues in the tonsils with the use of ultrasound vibrations. Usually performed under anesthesia, it is a fairly painless and a non-hazardous procedure. Tonsillectomies generally last for about an hour. However, the recovery period sometimes entail a few physical discomforts. Sore throat, difficulty in swallowing, pain in the jaws and ears are common symptoms of post tonsillectomy conditions. While there are palliative medicines available in the markets, adequate rest and proper diet speeds up the recovery.
Tonsillectomy generally leaves no side effects and the success rate of this surgery is quite heartening. Tonsillectomy has also known to cure several other associated health problems in the likes of breathing troubles, sleep apnea, bleeding of the tonsil glands or cancerous developments in the tonsil glands. That aside, tonsillectomy is only performed on acute cases of tonsillitis and often regarded as the lender of last resort when medicines stop according any relief to the patient.
Hai ,I getting blood from the nose on some times and also there pain after blood released so please help me to get any suggestions.
I am 50 years old man hight-5.3" weight-65kg. Tummy big my problems hyper acidity bed smell in stool urine yellowish frequent Gas passing Snoring in Sleep-Big Sound uneasiness after Meal BP problem since 2002 daily dose in the morning @ Tenolol D SR 25 @Loprin 75 kindly guide.
Doctor mujhe tonsillitis ho gye h bhut pain h neck m or ears main. Please suggest what I do for relief this.
I am a 69 year old male. Due to auto-immune disease, I keep getting allergies like sneezing, urticaria, cough, post nasal drip, poor absorption of iron & vitamins etc. TSH is around 4 with Thyrox-25. I am taking LCZ or Montair on SOS basis. What are the treatments/ home remedies for this.
My left ear drum had hole from childhood. But there are no any problem of listening. But sometimes very rarely I feel. Is there any tablet or medicine to fill that hole. I don't want any operation.
I M HAVING SINUS. AND M ON A SERIOD FOR IT. COZ IF WHICH I M HAVING BOILS ALL OVER MY BACK AND FACE. WHAT TO DO TO REDUCE ITS EFFECT.
My husband have feel throat infection, cold and fever twice in every month. Now we are married at 8 months. These all months he suffer throat infection and fever. We consulted many doctors and doctors made every check up. All results says that no problem. BT now also he faces these situation. He is 28 years old. What can I do for he? Pls respond.
Hello Doctor, I am having throat pain from past 5 days. Along with running nose and cough. Coughing and sneezing is also there. I have not taken any medicine yet. What should I do? Please advice.
I am suffering from tonsilsl i.e throat infection, since 7 years, due to this frequently get fever, sneezing, body pain, cold, headache, & problem in eating food. Its effect my studies. please help me out.
I am 61 year old. I feel dizziness after taking breakfast for 2-3 hours. I take BP medicine olmezest beta 50 & cilacar 10 after breakfast.
When I wake up daily morning my nose is kind of blocked with mucus whole day this disturbs me I think this iss due to some smell from body please help problem nasal congestion.
A stuffed up nose and pressure on our cheekbones can often mean you have acute sinusitis. Acute sinusitis, also called acute rhinosinusitis, is a short-term infection or inflammation of the membranes that line your sinuses. It prevents mucus from draining from your nose.
What Causes Acute Sinusitis?
Illnesses and conditions that can cause acute sinusitis include:
- bacterial upper respiratory tract infections
- fungal sinus infections
- allergies that cause mucus production in the sinuses
- lack of cilia motility, caused by disease (cilia are the small hairs located in your sinuses that move to push mucus out of your sinuses)
- nasal polyps or tumors
- deviated nasal septum
- enlarged or infected adenoids
- infected tooth (in rare cases bacteria can spread from the infected tooth to the sinuses)
- cystic fibrosis (a disease that causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the body)
Symptoms of acute sinusitis include:
- nasal congestion
- thick, yellow, or green mucus discharge from the nose
- sore throat
- a cough (usually worse at night)
- drainage of mucus in the back of your throat
- pain, pressure, or tenderness behind your eyes, nose, cheeks, or forehead
- bad breath
- reduced sense of smell
- reduced sense of taste
However, sometimes, especially if you suffer from chronic sinusitis,medical intervention is required.
- Saline Nasal Spray: This is a spray you put into your nose several times a day to clean your nasal passages.
- Nasal Corticosteroids: There are many types of nasal corticosteroids. They include fluticasone, budesonide, mometasone, beclomethsone. These nasal sprays not only help to treat inflammation, they help prevent to prevent inflammation as well.
- Aspirin: This is a type of OTC pain relievers and they help relieve the pain of acute sinusitis. Acetaminophen and ibuprofen are two other OTC pain relievers which can be used instead of aspirin.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are usually not required and should never be taken without the doctor's prescription. However, sometimes the doctor may recommend it if he thinks there is a bacterial infection or if the symptoms progress rapidly.
- Immunotherapy: Immunotherapy is given when allergies are the reason you are having acute sinusitis. It is rarely needed, however.
- Surgery: For sinusitis symptoms which are chronic or occur frequently, nasal surgery may be the best option for permanent relief. A number of different surgical procedures can be used to treat acute sinusitis such as balloon sinuplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.