Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
I hav 2 small kids 5 and 3 years of age and am a homemaker. I am having CTS in both hands for last 1.5 yrs. Medications couldn't help and Drs hav suggested for surgery. Is it open or endoscopic? R there any alternative like physiotherapy or home or ayurveda? How long does it take to recover in a surgery?
My son is 8 years old. He is having a habit of peeing in night on bed. Please suggest how to get rid of this habit?
Pl prescribe home-medicine with respective doses for a 2 years 9 months baby for A) Cough n Cold, B) High Fever (101dgr, C) Pain due to Fall, D) Sudden Vomiting. She is my grand-daughter.
She is just of 1 month old baby now has something constipation like problem from 3-4 days. please suggest what to do.?
Sir pls tell me bout my son he is 7 years old. He's cant healthy he is suffering from vomit n pain in stomach issues. Pls suggest me perfect medicines. और भुख लगने की दवाई बताएं
Hello Dr. mera baby one and half month ka hai aaj wo subah se sota hi jaa rha hai even rat me bhi puri rat soya tha wo feed be kam kar rha hai kya reason ho skta hai plzz rply urgent.
What is meant by RH factor? How do I know .my blood group A+, my Hus blood group B+ and my boy baby blood group O+. How to find Rh factor. Tel me pls doctor.
My baby boy is going to be 6 months this 29 he' s on bf plus morning & night nan pro 1 please advice a schedule to start semi solids in how much quantity and gap if days or should I continue nan pro 2 or start packet milk
My 18 months daughter denies to have food all the time and if she eats then quantity is very less. She is of 10 kg only and sh is underweight What to do, pl suggest
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.