Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveen Dhariwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen DhariwalYour feedback matters!
My baby is 8 months old please advise which solid food is best. Cerelac or home made Ragi food or any fruits? Please suggest
On 5.10.16, we shifts with our baby just 8 months old child from our native village to New Delhi who was feeding cow and mother's milk there. Now we have changed to buffalo milk in Delhi. Today he start vomiting two or three times. Suggest us. Thanks n Regards.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
Hi. My baby is 1 month old. After 2 hour of the feeding he was expels some milk from nose as well as from mouth. After each feeding always I was keep him upward position on shoulder for burping. But also he is suffering from this problem. Is it create any compliance and why it is happening?
Cold and cough is caused by a viral infection, which can last for about two to four weeks. The symptoms include stuffy or a runny nose, coughing and sore throat. Many times, the infection may raise body temperature and the child may suffer from fever. Our body’s immune system naturally fights with such infections. Depending on the type of cough and the symptoms, the virus can stay active in the body for about 4 to 6 weeks. It is quite painful to see the child suffering from cold and cough. The symptoms of this infection are worse during the first two days.
The child will experience pain and irritation in the throat with difficulty in swallowing, frequent coughing with mucous, breathing difficulty and high fever. Most parents rush to over the counter drugs for cold and cough to ease of their child’s agony. However, most drugs/ cough syrups available over the counter only provide temporary relief. Medical evidence suggests that antibiotics do not kill viruses, thus, it is not advisable to treat cold and cough with antibiotics unless accompanied by another infection. So, what do parents do? Well, there is a lot that can be done.
Let’s first understand the type of a cough your child might be suffering from:
- Dry cough: Generally occurs due to infection in upper respiratory tract, cold or influenza. Children with asthma and allergies are also prone to this type of cough as dry cough is triggered by smoke or dust.
- Croup Cough: A harsh barking and dry cough with swelling beneath vocal cords.
- Wet Cough: Most commonly caused by cold. This is an infection of the lower respiratory tract characterised by mucous secretions.
- Whooping cough: Characterised by fast coughing, breathing difficulties and a whooping sound while breathing.
Apart from this, If coughing starts suddenly along with choking, the child may have inhaled a foreign body. Immediate help may be required. For babies less than 12 months of age, cold cough followed by breathing difficulties may indicate bronchiolitis and require a paediatric attention. A normal cold and cough generally subside with two to four weeks. However, it is important to understand when to consult a doctor.
- Chest pain or breathing problems
- Cough lasting for more than 6 weeks.
- A yellow, green or brown mucous indicating another infection.
- Swollen glands, persistent high fever, rashes.
- Body getting pale and symptoms getting worse.
- Temperature higher than 38 degrees in the case of infants.
Precautions and diet that should be taken care of
- Increase Intake of fluids especially hot liquids
- Never stop breastfeeding the baby
- Vapour rub applied on chest and back is an effective remedy
- Inhaling steam provides relief to a sore throat and nose
- Intake of crushed tulsi leaves with honey or hot turmeric milk is soothing and very helpful
There is little we can do to prevent viral infections. However, proper care and caution can ensure a smooth recovery. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.