Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveen D. KiniYour feedback matters!
My relative is 11 years old, she is born and brought up in Saudi Arabia, currently she is doing her schooling in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. K she has come to puberty at the of 11 yrs. Her periods are irregular since she had come like she is having her periods 3 times (heavy flow) a month. Her periods lasts for 4 days and the prior symptoms like severe stomach pain is more and after 2 clear days of her bleeding again the period commences. She is also allergic to fish, even if she tastes the gravy, her body body gets itchy and blown. please help to get relief from her problems.
After a common cold I had black mucus in my lungs, common cold was gone but the mucus remained it has been 5 months but I am still suffering from mucus I don't cough up but I have to hack the mucus out now my colour of mucus is light brown sometimes it chokes my throat Sir please help me.
Hi sir mera ek 13 saal ka bhai hai uska weight 37 kg aur uski body mein fat nahi hai par uske stomach mein fat chadha hua hai uske stomach ke fat ko kam karne ke liye woh kya kare.
Hello Dr. Mere son ko 3 years old weight 16.3 kg ko viral infection hua h n test me dengue primary stage h platelets 2.35 lac h hemoglobin 10 h TLC count 5000 h .what to do please help. Not admitted doing rest at home. Local Dr. suggested give water n prescribed jiovit multivitamin. P-250, Alex junior, mecbery, pecef 100, folvite.
My male baby 20 months old is having Craniosynostosis, having small head size. His overall activities are normal so far, he is not talking yet but only saying Mama, Papa, Didi, he walks/ runs normally. Please let me know if I have to take any extra precautions in order to make his future life to safer side.
My baby is 2 years old and got burnt in his left feet by hawan kund. He is always trying to remove the skin of burning place. Because of this we had to tie bandage on his feet. We are using burn heal tube for this. Pls help me is there is any other better solution to heal up as soon as possible. We also give him titnics vaxitation to him. Also giving him septran tablets ones in a day.
My son is 17 years old and has constant blocked nose and formation of phelm in his sinuses. Allergy of dust and smoke, chemicals etc. His height and weight is above average and eats well. He does not consume vegetables and is on diet of potato and different dals. Pl advise.
My daughter which is 1 month old is having itching or redness in her anus due to which she is not drinking her mother's milk. Please suggest some cream to treat this problem.
My 12 month old baby monthly he is having fever . What to do. And even the climate is also bad. Two day rain two days hot sun. because of that. I want to improve his immune power.
I have a baby boy of one year. His weight is 8.6 around, is this the correct weight, please help me how to increase his weight, what are the food I gave him, please answer me quickly.
Baby is 8 mnths, I've started working past couple of weeks. Baby was exclusively on breast feeding for 6 months, now started with formula milk n rice with vegs smashed. Passes morning stools normal but sometimes in the day when I'm away at work passes loose stools is greenish in color, is it normal? Kindly help because I've been pressurised at home to stop breast feeding him. I want to continue feeding till he is 2 yrs.
Hi Doctor, My baby was 2 month she was crying at night daily my family doctor given pedicloryl surp shall I use daily it's give any side effects I'm worry any it my baby my sleeping what to do please visit give me ans sir.
Newborn baby2-3 days old only. Today she has 5 stools per day, green in colour. Is it normal? The baby is not taking breast milk. Cz the mother has not started lactating.
My baby age s 15 weeks. How to increase breast milk pls tel me. Which month I vl start food for my baby. And which food I vl give to my baby.
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible
Hi, My baby is 3 months old he's exclusively on breastfeed and once a while I give him formula milk. I need to leave him and go for 2 nights. Is it advisable to leave and go the baby also does that affect the milk supply of the mother child breast feeding relation?
We all got together to indulge into our favourite foods this holiday season, where platter overflowed with sweet, spicy and acidic foods. However, when it comes to teeth, sugar isn’t the only culprit that cause tooth decay. High levels of acid in everyday foods and drinks are equally harmful. Lemons to wine, high-acid foods and drinks erode your teeth, causing decay, sensitivity and discoloration. But that doesn’t mean you have to strike all acidic foods and drinks from your diet. The way you consume these items can lessen their damage on your teeth.
It is a type of tooth wear where, the protective surface of your teeth or the enamel wears away exposing the underlying material, called dentin. This leaves your tooth vulnerable to tartar, plaque and bacteria, which cause decay.
Causes of tooth erosion:
Calcium is a key ingredient in building strong teeth. Unfortunately, exposing your teeth to acid can leach calcium from your enamel, causing this protective surface to break down. Foods which have Ph. below 5.0 to 5.7 are acidic. This acid can come from many sources, including the following:
· Carbonated drinks. All soft drinks, including “diet” options, contain high levels of acid that can easily dissolve your enamel.
· Wine. Whether you choose red, white or rosé, drinking wine will soften your enamel.
· Pickles. Which are traditionally seen in an Indian platter
· Fruit juice. The most acidic options include lemon, cranberry, orange and apple.
· Citric fruits. Snacking or sucking on lemons, oranges and limes can wear down your teeth.
· Candy. No sugary sweets are good for your teeth, but you should pay extra attention to avoid sour gummies and candies.
· Sugar. Even though sugar itself does not contain high levels of acidity, it promotes the growth of acid-creating bacteria in your mouth, creating an acidic environment.
· Stomach acid. Vomiting and reflux also can cause serious tooth damage when stomach acid comes into contact with your teeth. If you suffer from an eating disorder, acid reflux or a related condition, seek professional help.
Signs of tooth erosion
Acid wear may lead to serious dental problems. It is important to notice the signs of tooth erosion in its early stages (sensitivity and discoloration) before more severe damage occur, such as cracks, pain and decay.
· Sensitivity. As your teeth’s protective enamel wears away, you may feel a twinge of pain when you consume hot, cold or sweet food and drink. As more enamel is worn away, teeth become increasingly sensitive.
· Discoloration. Teeth can become increasingly yellow as the thinning enamel layer exposes the underlying dentin.
· Rounded teeth. Your teeth may have a rounded or “sand-blasted” look.
· Sharp edges. You might notice thinning of teeth with sharp edges which might cut your tongue and cheeks.
· Transparency. Your front teeth may appear slightly translucent near the edges.
· Cracks. Small cracks and roughness may appear at the edges of teeth.
· Cupping. Small dents may appear on the chewing surface of the teeth, and fillings may appear to be rising up out of the tooth.
What you can do to prevent tooth erosion
Follow these tips to reduce the effects of acid on your teeth.
· Eating higher pH. Food alongside. This helps in lowering the acidity. Includes food like nuts, cheese, oatmeal, mangoes, melons, banana, apples, eggs, vegetables, brown rice and whole grains.
· Eat with meals. Instead of snacking throughout the day, save acidic foods for mealtimes. This will reduce their contact with your teeth and help neutralize the acid by eating it with other foods.
· Wash down with water. Sip water alongside or after the acidic food or drink to wash it out of your mouth.
· Use a straw. While having acidic beverages, reduce their contact with your teeth by using a straw and finishing the drink quickly, instead of sipping over a long period of time.
· Say no to bubbles. Swap out carbonated drinks with water, milk or tea.
· Wait before brushing. Acid softens your enamel, so brushing immediately after eating or drinking high-acid foods or drinks can actually cause damage. Wait at least half an hour and then start brushing. In the meantime, you can always rinse your mouth with tap water.
· Quit smoking. Studies have showed that smokers are more prone to acidity leading to acid reflux and teeth erosion
· Professional help. See your dentist twice a year for dental cleaning and oral screening.
· Sugar free gums. Chewing on sugar free gums increase the saliva flow which, neutralise the acid and help the teeth to stay strong.