Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. NaveedhYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from heart and protest disease. Doctor has advice for CABG for heart. And for frequent urinate that is protest problem they had advice for surgery. please suggest me which operation will be good to do first?
Dear sir/madam, My heartbeat goes very fast at night (when I am trying to sleep), this causes uneasiness. I have been facing this since last week.
How to reduce my heavy body with now im 39 years old n my body with is 80 kg n I hv so much high BP n Low blood pressure also.
I am having chest pain and I am a chain smoker, xray report was normal, is it a gas problem or I should again do the xray test.
I have severe pain in stomach from last few days and some irritation in chest it causes very much pain what should I do.
I'm 41 years old Male, 5.6" and weighs at 74 kgs, I have been diagnosed with Hypertension a six months ago and been on medication (Nebicard .25 and Tazloc 40) since then. Recent tests also showed high Uric Acid levels, fatty liver, non-obstructive renal calculi, Pre-Diabetes with fasting Sugar at 150 and low HDL My doctor advised me to follow few diet restrictions (salads on an alternate day, avoid plant-based food, red meat, intensive workouts) and lifestyle changes for a month and come back for diabetes screening next month. I'm looking for advice on dietary changes which can bring my blood sugar levels to normal and also help me with Uric Acid, Hypertension, and weight lose Best Regards.
My mother has multiple diseases like diabetes with insulin, alser, thyroid, blood pressure and also having breast cancer in past but it has been operated and radiotherapy & chemotherapy has also done. In november 2014 pacemaker has also linked up with her heart.in june 20 2016 she has two heart attacks on same day. There are 8 blockages in her heart and all 3 arteries has also blocked. So Dr. has done angiography and gave a stunt to her heart. Som please tell is there is any way to open heart blockage without by-pass surgery. Angioplasty is not possible.
Abnormal Q Wave (ll, aVF) in my ECG report. What's the reason for this? What's the causes? Why this happened to me?
I am 55 years old and recently I have tested the BP and the reading as 130/80. How to control the BP without medicine.
Hello doctor my self raju bai. I am 50years old women. I have high blood pressure problem for last two months what should I do.
I am years old male and have high blood pleasure and pain chest for last months. I have used tablets like Nicardia retard 20 mg, telmisartan,metxl 50 mg. I took all necessary test. The reports show all results within range .I am unable to concentrate on my studies .please give me solution for my problem,
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up.
Related Tip: How Does Ayurveda Help Heart Patients?
Hi, 20 days ago I had a stroke. Now I have been discharged. I am advised to take rosuvas 40, stamlo 5, levera 500, once in the morning for 3 month. Clopivas Ap 75 one in afternoon,& storcit p 1 tab morning & 1 at night. Before stroke I was using vigora100 for my ed problem. Now can I take vigora along with these medicines. If no can you please advise a safe medicine.
Res. Aim suffering from severe gastritis last 10 yr take tab veloz 20 last 8 yr per day presently have chest pain with others related problems please suggest.
I have problem of high bp. sugar .thyroid. spondylitis.i take 100 mg thyronorm. My weight is 70. Nd I am 29 years old. I have a baby boy. When I was pregnant my sugar level shoot up to 650 .since then I am diabetic.
Be mindful about choosing heart healthy foods; for example:
- plant-based diets low in fat, salt and added sugars
- high fiber and whole grains
- lean protein
- foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids (flaxseed, salmon and other fish, certain oils and nuts)
2. Read food labels
The labels on the side of food and beverage packaging provide a lot of useful information about the nutritional content, including calories, sodium, cholesterol, fat, sugars and key vitamins per serving.
3. Mind your portions
Many of us overeat without really knowing it. Portions at restaurants even the size of bagels, baked goods and other prepared items have steadily gotten bigger over the years. Know how much is too much, and which foods are better to load up on. Some people find it helpful to visually divide their plate and pre-portioning healthy foods for the week.
4. Learn how to cook healthy
How you prep your food is important; try to avoid frying food and substitute unhealthy fats when possible. It's also best to make snacks and meals from scratch and limit processed foods, which often contain hidden sodium and added sugars.
When you do eat out try to reduce your calories, fat and salt by asking for:
- no added butter or salt
- half of the portion to be boxed up before they plate it for you
- the dressing on the side
5. Limit alcohol
Experts advise limiting it to one drink a day for women and two for men.
12 fl oz of
8-9 fl oz of
Malt liquor (shown in a 12-oz glass)
5 fl oz of
3-4 fl oz of
(such as sherry or port; 3.5 oz shown)
2-3 fl oz of
Cordial, liqueur, or aperitif (2.5 oz shown)
1.5 fl oz of brandy or cognac
(a single jigger or shot)
1.5 fl oz shot of 80-proof distilled spirits
6. Don't shop hungry
If you go to the grocery store hungry, you are more likely to make unhealthy impulse buys.
7. Keep a food diary
This is one of the best ways to look critically at your patterns of eating over time. Based on this information, you can make healthy changes. There are also nutritional and food tracking apps that can help.
8. Ask for help
Don't go it alone or attempt to cut out major foods groups or make too many changes at once; your efforts can backfire. Talk with your health care provider or nutritionist about how many calories you should be consuming each day and come up with an eating plan that is realistic and fits your life. Ask your partner or family to help you stick to a healthy diet.
A healthy diet can help you maintain a healthy body weight and control your blood cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar.
Complications in the heart valve occur when the functioning of the heart valve is impaired. Valves of the heart allow the blood to flow in one direction and prevent the blood from flowing back into the ventricles of the heart.
Heart valve diseases can be classified as follows:
- Valvular stenosis: This condition occurs when the valves of the heart does not open completely due to stiffness. As the opening is narrow, the heart has to work hard to pump blood. This condition may lead to heart failure.
- Valvular insufficiency: This is a condition where the valve does not close tightly. This causes some of the blood to flow back to the valve. As this condition deteriorates, the heart has to work harder to pump blood.
Types and Causes of valve diseases:
- Acquired valve disease: The structure of the valve changes due to various infections or rheumatic fever. Rheumatic fever is caused by bacterial infection that had not been treated. It tends to occur in children and cause inflammation of the valve.
- Congenital valve disease: This condition usually affects the pulmonary valve where the size of the valve is abnormal.
- Bicuspid aortic valve disease: It is a type of valve disease that impairs the aortic valve. Instead of the regular three cusps, the bicuspid valve only has two. This may cause the valve to be stiff or cause it to leak.
- Mitral valve prolapse: This condition causes the valve to flop back when the heart contracts. This condition also causes the leaflets of the valve to turn irregularly and cause it to stretch. This condition causes the valve to leak.
Symptoms: The symptoms of valve diseases are as follows:
- Weakness: This condition may cause weakness and cause severe discomfort while performing daily activities.
- Palpitations: Symptoms such as irregular heartbeats, skipped beats and rapid heart rhythm occurs in this condition.
- Rapid weight gain: This condition can cause you to gain weight very rapidly.
- It may cause swelling in your ankles, abdomen and feet.
- This condition causes shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.