Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Naveeda BanuYour feedback matters!
I a suffering from pancreatitis and now diagnosed with diabetes. What all I need to do keep both in control. Daily I feel low in confidence and tired.
Sir, I have throat infection, Gastric, already taken endoscopic but there is no evidence but now throat giving some irritation, some time little bit paining.
Hi I got throat infection frm 2 mths I had take medicine but its does't cure I fell sometimes very suffocating please suggest me some medicine and tell me why its is not going.
I am suffering from nasal congestion last one year. I how to prevent excess mucus production naturally kind suggests any.
Sir I wanted to know .next month my date is fixed for marriage. My penis size is 4.5 inches. Can I satisfy my wife? Is there any medicine to increase my penis size?
Near the Diaphragm middle of blew the chest I feel pain during sneezing, whopping and fast breathing sometimes.
I am not feeling well from around a month. Have been going through body pain, headache, light fever and tiredness, weakness. Got myself checked up but no findings yet. All checkups done hiv, sugar, CPR,sinusitis, thyroid,completeblood count and other blood related tests. But have been still suffering. Can anyone help me what.
I do masturbate every day since 5 year now I am very weak not able to walk properly I fell like I am 60 year old guy but my age is only 20.
Sir masturbation can effect our heath? It is good/bad for gym? masturbation in 2 days for 1 time is bad?
My Dr. Did. I & d of the lymph node but did not send the. Afb smear for culture. After 4 days took a swab from the and sent it for culture test. Should we get another tissue sample from the opening to get the culture done?
Few 18 month my sugar level up down before fasting 140 and after 2 hour eat food 260 and I use tablet is metformin sr500 please suggest what I do and I regular harddrink use.
Vitamin D is one of the essential vitamins, with a significant role in bone health. People who are very careful about sun exposure and those who do not get enough natural sun tend to be worried about their bone health, and so go in for supplemental vitamin D.
This, however, can lead to excessive vitamin D in the body, a condition known as hypervitaminosis D. Excessive supplements are the main cause for this condition. In addition, some heart medications, prolonged antacid therapy, and oestrogen therapy also can lead to this condition.
- A person requires about 600 IU per day and if a person gets natural sun exposure for about 15 minutes, that is sufficient for the body to make this amount of vitamin D. The issue is when there is too less of sun or too much of sun protection, when the body is not able to make this on its own and requires supplements.
- Increased vitamin D leads to increased amount of calcium in the system, known as hypercalcemia, which can lead to serious effects on multiple organs including bones, kidneys, heart, and other tissues and organs.
- Taking some amount of supplements on a regular basis does not lead to this condition. Having heart disease, kidney disease, or being on diuretics like thiazide increases the risk of developing hypervitaminosis D.
- It is advisable to periodically monitor the levels of vitamin D in a person who is on supplements, especially if these conditions are also present.
- If it is in the levels beyond the required amounts, reducing the dose of the supplements or even temporarily stopping it should be considered.
- Adhering to a diet which is naturally rich in vitamin D is also a good alternative. Cod liver oil, cheese, fatty fishes like tuna and salmon, mushrooms, and fortified milk and yoghurt are good sources. There are also juices and other drinks available which are fortified with vitamin D.
- Some of the most common general symptoms of vitamin D include weight loss, extreme fatigue, poor appetite, excessive thirst and urination, dehydration, constipation. Specific symptoms indicative of excess vitamin D include muscle weakness, high blood pressure, heart rhythm disorders.
- In the long-term, it can also produce complications like kidney stones/damage/failure, excessive bone loss, calcification of arteries and other soft tissues
- Heart rhythm disorders is another major problem that can be caused by taking increased amounts of vitamin D.
- Vitamin D is naturally available, and getting 15 minutes of sun, especially in the morning, is one of the best ways to get your daily dose. It also has a mood-elevating effect, so soak up the sun. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.