Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Naveed Azam
Submit a review for Dr. Naveed AzamYour feedback matters!
My mother has got ultrasound done because she is having pain and her report is showing that LIVER is enlarged in size with grade I fatty changes and GALL BLADDER is distended. Wall thickness is normal with sludge noted in LUMEN. A CALCULUS MEASURING 35 MM NOTED IN NECK REGION. What should we do in this matter? My mother is saying that doctor will remove the whole gallbladder and she would be get troubled rest of her life so that is why she is afraid. Which treatment should we take?
I have so much stomach problem like digestion. So I want to know how I can stop this what type of meal I would to take.
My Grandpa is 82 years old. Body weight-63 kg. He used to get pain in abdomen. After doctor’s consult we did some scans yesterday and now got to know there are multiple tumors in liver. Other body parts are okay. Now his doctor says he don’t have any treatments for the same refer to some other doctor as it is liver cancer. Now is there any chance of his treatment? Pls let me know can I cure my grandpa?
Hi, After 20 days my blood report shows sgpt 70, sgot 43. I am taking tb medicine. What should I do?
I am 25. Been suffering with acidity from 2 years am feeling everything sticked in my throat whatever I ate and even drinking of water and chest pain also excessive of sour taste water coming out always in the morning times. My endoscopy, sch,2decho were normal. I am using pantop which doctor recommended but not worked well. Is this a serious problem sir? And I have CKD stage 2?
I have a problem of spitting frequently. After taking meal it comes to my mouth. What can I do in this circumstances. I have another problem. I had an anal fistula. I had to go through an operation. Now feel better. But I have a fear if it will be bleeding again. Also I have acidity problem. Please give some suggestions, what should I do. Thank you.
I have itching near my butt hole all the day and always feel some kind of moisture there. I have also noticed blood on tissue paper sometimes. While cleaning I feel a lump of flesh protruding out of butt hole.
My gall bladder is removed 5 years back but still I burp and feel burning sensation in my stomach. Why is it so?
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain,
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.