Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Naveed AzamYour feedback matters!
Before some days I am feeling gas problem. And headache, thats why I can't sleep in night. So I wanna your help please help me. And please tell me that how can I solve my problem. Please help me.
Irritable bowel syndrome is a disorder that is diagnosed on the basis of its symptoms. It is characterised by intense abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating and change in bowel habits. One of the primary symptoms of IBS is abdominal pain. It may also be accompanied with frequent diarrhoea or constipation. There might also be a feeling of partial or incomplete evacuation. The symptoms are sometimes relieved by the proper bowel movement. Other symptoms, in this case, include depression and anxiety. In rare cases, there is also a possibility of sexual dysfunction and a reduced libido.
Causes of Irritable Bowel Syndrome–
The exact reason behind the occurrence of IBS is not known. It is a disruption of the brain-gut axis that is known to cause the problem. It is also caused due to small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
IBS is intensified or triggered by the following factors:
Foods: Edibles like chocolate, milk and alcohol might lead to constipation or diarrhoea. One must also avoid carbonated beverages and some fruits and vegetables. These might lead to bloating and discomfort.
Stress: The condition gets worse with any type of stress.
Hormones: In women, the symptoms occur as a result of the hormones during menstrual periods.
Complications: It is not associated with any fatal condition. But it can lead to diarrhoea and constipation and aggravate hemorrhoids.
Adverse Impacts of the Disease-
IBS has an adverse impact on your lifestyle. It will limit your ability to get social or carry out your daily professional activities. You will find it difficult to cope up with the symptoms while living away from your comfort zone or home. You will not have a good sex life. You will get depressed and may even feel suicidal in extreme cases.
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome-
IBS is treated broadly by bringing in certain changes in the lifestyle. To begin with, you are advised to check your diet. Include fibre in your diet, if you are suffering from constipation. Also, avoid oily, spicy and hot food items. Besides, you are prescribed medicines such as stool softeners and laxatives and antispasmodic drugs and proton pump inhibitors.
Homeopathic medicines-IBS requires prolonged treatment. Homoeopathy works best to get you relief from the symptoms and cures it, from the roots. Here are certain homeopathic remedies that are helpful in treating the disorder.
It has to be kept in mind that these are just basic remedies. There are over 150 Homeopathic medicines that can be used for treating IBS. Thus, consult a doctor for the best remedy for you as per the symptoms.
I am 22 years old suffering from heaviness in stomach after having anything and uneasiness (ghabrahat). And problem related to burp and also feels that there is uneasiness for past 4 months.
My brother got operated, he had stone in the gall bladder which was increased in a month as suggested by the doctors that operation is the only solution. However, I hears that after some time it gives issues in food digestion and affects your mood like irritation, anger e. T. C. Is it really true? And the other thing is he has some plump kind of in his stomach which doc shows us, as his tummy veins are very week. What the best way to make it stronger?
I am 36 year old, I have problem of GAS and acidity throughout the year since 4 to 5 years. Everyday I take zinetac 150mg in the morning with empty stomach. My stool is not perfect and bad type of smell always. please Help me.
Mujhe 2015 se gastric problem hai jab mai dinner karta hu to uske baad mujhe aise lagta hai jaise sharir me kampann hone lagta hai heart beat bad jata hai headaches hone lagta hai aur farting nahi hota hai. Mai 2 year's se bahut pareshan hu koi upaay bataye. Thanks.
Hello doctor. I am suffering from indigestion and. Tight motion. I'm going to toilet 2 or 3 times in a day. I feel that I have a worm's in my stomach. What can I do for this. I am scared that I will get some problems. In my stomach.
Hello I am 23 years old girls but I am looking like 16 years old .and do everything for gain weight .but after more then eating my stomach pain start in my left side and gastric problem start.
Cirrhosis of Liver
Cirrhosis of the liver is a chronic and progressive condition in which the liver gets damaged and healthy liver tissue is replaced with scar tissue, ultimately causing dysfunction of the liver. Liver damage obstructs the circulation to the liver and also hinders the processing of nutrients, hormones, drugs, toxins as well as the production of proteins and other substances made by the liver. Liver cirrhosis is caused due to hepatitis C, fatty liver, alcohol abuse, viral infections, inherited diseases, and as a toxic reaction to drugs and environmental waste products. The modern management of this condition involves diet modification, reduction in salt intake, total abstinence from alcohol, and avoiding all the causative factors of this condition.
Cirrhosis of liver causes multiple symptoms in the body including fluid collection in the abdomen, bleeding varices in the stomach, chronic heart failure, damage to the central nervous system, and various metabolic disorders in the body. Advanced cirrhosis of liver is ultimately fatal.
- It is therefore of prime importance to commence treatment at the earliest possible. It is of utmost importance to treat the known cause of the condition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines have a definite action on the hepatic cells and can effectively treat inflammation within the liver. Ayurvedic medicines can also treat infection as well as metabolic dysfunction of the liver, and protect it from the toxic effects of drugs and environmental wastes. Ayurvedic medicines can therefore be effectively used to treat all the known causes of liver cirrhosis.
- Liver damage causes healthy cells to be replaced with scar tissue. This is preceded by a process of inflammation, swelling and gradual death of the liver cells. Early institution of Ayurvedic treatment can help dramatically reduce inflammation and swelling and thereby preserve the liver cells and prevent unnecessary damage. Even in the early phase of scar deposition. Ayurvedic herbal medicines can help remove scar tissue, minimize permanent liver damage, and help regenerate damaged or near-dead cells Ayurvedic herbal medicines therefore form a comprehensive treatment therapy for liver cirrhosis.
- The other symptoms resulting from liver cirrhosis such as ascites, esophageal varices, congestive cardiac failure and metabolic disorders start improving automatically when the obstruction in the liver is treated and removed. However, Ayurvedic medicines can treat these symptoms independently too, if these are observed to be severe in the affected individual and require urgent medical care. Improved functioning of the liver also helps to improve the overall metabolism and nutrition of the body and metabolize toxic substances within the body. Prompt and aggressive Ayurvedic treatment therefore helps comprehensively treat liver cirrhosis and significantly reduce morbidity and mortality resulting from this disease.
- Cirrhosis can also adversely affect the central nervous system and cause psychotic symptoms and permanent nerve damage. Prompt treatment with Ayurvedic herbal medicines also helps to preserve the brain function and treat the associated symptoms. If required, brain damage can be treated separately with herbal medicines which strengthen the nervous system and help rejuvenate nerve cells. Medicines which act on the nervous system also help improve confidence and self-control and are therefore equally useful in helping the affected individual abstain completely from alcohol, which is a known and predominant cause of cirrhosis.
- Depending upon the severity of the condition, most individuals affected with cirrhosis require regular and aggressive Ayurvedic herbal treatment for periods ranging from six to eighteen months, in order to obtain significant benefit and a possible complete cure from the condition. Ayurvedic treatment thus has a definite role to play in the management and treatment of cirrhosis.
My mother aged 50 is having symptoms appearing suddenly itchy tongue, swelling on lips hands neck in head As far I came with google search its related to histamine intolerance so provide me brief info whom to consult or procedure to cure.
I have got severe acidity. When I take rabium dsr for 30 days it reduces but once I stop it again arises. please suggest.
I am 65 years men diabetic suffering from severe hyper acidity I take 1 tab PAN D early morning At times in the night I get through and chest burning I take ino or cold milk and then after few minutes I am able recover at times I vomit please suggest some permanent remedy.
Can someone provide me a diet chart which can lead to gaining weight and if I do freehand at home what are the beneficial exercises that can help in gaining muscles? And as I suffer from IBS what are the food items that I should avoid in this process?
I am 35 year old woman and having acidity in all around neck and some time feel heavy and not able have anything. We did endoscopy of neck but nothing come out. Pls help to revolve.
Dr. R K Aggarwal says about various symptoms in tongue and how it reflects various diseases in our intestine. As it is said tongue is mirror of intestine; if we see our tongue in mirror it shows about various diseases if we have knowledge.
With the help of various pictures it will be shown how the color of our tongue should be and any changes reflect diseases; we will also talk about that.
Anyhow if tests and doctors knowledge fails but tongue reflects us about diseases it liver lies.
Various types of tongues:
• White patched Tongue
• Rough Tongue
• Flabby Tongue
• Furrowed Tongue
• Cut-Chapped Tongue
• Swollen Darken Tongue
• Centrally Cut
• Dark Black Spotted Tongue
• Lime White Paste Tongue
• Ulcerated Tongue
• Rugged Tongue
• Flabby Varnished Tongue
• White Lined Cut Tongue
• White Coated Chapped Tongue
• Red Pappilae Tongue
• Daunted Tongue
• Dark Blacked Tongue
• Weird White Grey Tongue
• Eruptive Tongue
• Fissured Tongue
All these tongues show that their intestine is same as them from inside and all these also reflect diseases in stomach also.