Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NatrajYour feedback matters!
Use of contraceptives is really important to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Countries like China and India, facing the problem of population explosion lay more stress on the use of contraceptives. However, you must always use or take oral and barrier contraceptives following the advice of a medical practitioner unless it is absolutely necessary to go ahead without consultation. The reason behind medical assistance is your own health. Contraceptive methods do have a vast range of side effects that can result in health hazards. There are various kinds of contraceptives; each having its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Being acquainted with the side effects of some contraceptive methods can help you choose wisely in times of need.
- Possible side-effects of using condoms: Some men are allergic to latex. Using condoms can lead to heightened sensitivity. It can also lead to rashes in your genitals. Condoms are not foolproof. They do not provide total protection against sexually transmitted infections, HPV or against Syphilis and Herpes. These diseases can be contracted by coming in contact with genital skin that is not covered by a condom.
- Possible side-effects of a Contraceptive Film: A contraceptive film might act as an interruption in your sexual activities if it is not placed properly, that is to say it must come in contact with the cervix to be effective. Using the film nonoxynol- very frequently can make you susceptible to life threatening diseases like HIV and other STIs.
- Possible side-effects of a Cervical Cap: A cervical cap has to be inserted by a clinician and requires immense care to be fitted in later. Some of its side - effects can be of serious concern. If it is left inside for more than forty eight hours, it can result in toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection that mars your overall health. It is also known to increase the chances of inflammation of the surface of your cervix.
- Possible side-effects of Progestin only pills: Progestin only pills or mini pills can subject you to long- lasting depression. It can make you feel bloated and can actually increase your weight to a great extent if used on a regular basis. Minipills lead to irregularities in your menstrual cycle and might also make bleeding during menstruation scanty.
- Possible side-effects of combined oral contraceptives: If this is your first month on combined oral contraceptives, you might feel nauseous and they can give you a terrible headache. Women taking these pills have a higher chance of developing cervical dysplasia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive. We started trying in last year April. I have minor PCOD problem also. I am married since June 2011. I got pregnant in Jan 2013 but after normal delivery. My baby died due to birth asphyxia. Then due to depression and health I stopped trying for another baby for 1.5 years. Then started trying for baby in April 2015. But till date there is no good news. Please suggest.
Hi i am 18 years old my problem is that my period bleding is not stoping which tablet I have to use please suggest me.
My sister got her periods in just 15 days after her last periods. She had a contraceptive medicine once in between these 15 days. Is this early periods because of that or other reason? Anything to worry?
My wife is 28 weeks pregnant and everything seems normal but her feet aches a lot at several times and back pain in the morning hours. Is it a big concern and what is the reason behind it. Please consult some home remedies for healing of it?
I have problem of paining in periods. 5 days of periods you can't go out of pain because of so much of stress and pain.
I get my periods only for two days. My flow stops on the third day completely. And I am just 18 yrs. Is it okay?
My sister is about 25 years . She is lesbian for about 2 years . Is there any way that we can make her normal . So that she can marry a guy .Please tell sir .
I am a 20 years old female. I took regestrone (2-3 times a day) starting 3-4 days before my periods were due because my date of planned sex and periods coincided. I stopped the regestrone the day of sex. We had protected sex (multiple times) at night and I took an emergency contraceptive in the afternoon after sex just to be extra sure. However my BMI is 33.8 and I've read that the morning after pill isn't effective for obese women. I got my periods (quite light) a week later. It's the next month now and I'm 5-6 days overdue. Could I be pregnant?
I am 42 years woman when I get my climax during sexual act all my nerves start pulling and I get severe leg pain. I have been operated for slip disc.
My wife delivered last 3 months ago. Every 15 days once Vaginal Bleeding After delivered. Please suggest me. Can we meet our consult gyn or not . We are very upset and tensed.
Hai doctor I'm pregnant 6 month passing now and I would like to eat raw rice shall I eat or not doctor because is there any problem to baby by eating raw rice please reply me.
I just rubbed my penis with my wife's vagina from the outside unprotected. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Or any chance of sexually transmitted diseases?
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a potentially life-threatening condition that causes a steep drop in blood pressure, resulting in deprivation of oxygen to the organs, which in severe cases leads to death. This disease has been associated with menstruating women who use superabsorbent tampons. It was first recognized in the 1970s and 80s when women using tampons of certain brands were affected by this syndrome and those brands were immediately taken off the market. This disease primarily affects tampon wearers and harmful effects of cervical caps, diaphragms, and menstrual sponges have surfaced.
New mothers are susceptible to TSS as well as those who are recovering from a surgery, are wounded or are using prosthetics. It is important to know about its symptoms so that you can identify the disease and seek professional help at the earliest.
Warning signs of TSS include:
An overgrowth of bacteria called staphylococcus aureus (staph) causes this disease. It can be found primarily in female bodies. This is one of the many staph bacteria that lead to skin infections in burn victims and patients recovering from surgical wounds. Group a streptococcus (strep) bacteria is another cause of this syndrome.