Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Natesh
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NateshYour feedback matters!
Movement disorders can trigger from various types of brain injuries, metabolic disturbances, inflammation, trauma, side effects of medication, genetic disorders, infections etc. The brain structures that get affected are believed to include the thalamus, brainstem, basal ganglia, cortex etc. Since all these structures function together, any abnormalities in any of the structures can compromise movement. For instance, a kid suffering from primary dystonia can lead a near normal life, if the condition is detected and treated early in life. However, on the other hand, if the same condition goes undetected it can cripple the child for the rest of his life.
Different types of moment disorder-
- Chorea: It results from a neurological injury. The movement of children suffering from this condition becomes irregular and dance-like. The child often becomes slow or more forceful in their movement. If the condition affects the legs, a kid can frequently stumble and face difficulty while walking. Sydenham chorea is a condition that is not very severe and is reversible with treatment.
- Tremor: It is a condition that is characterized by trembling or shaky movements. This often results from an underlying and undetected condition that may be genetic in nature or a side effect of other medications. A kid suffering from this condition faces difficulty in fine-tuning movements. Tremor may run in family e.g. essential tremors.
- Myoclonus: It a disorder that involves quick involuntary muscle jerks that a child fails to resist.The jerks can be frequent or occasional, there may or may not be a pattern involved to it. This condition has no long-term complication on a child’s health, but it is necessary to evaluate the type of myoclonus a child is suffering from and must be differentiated from myoclonic seizure.
- Dystonia: It causes the muscle groups to contract abnormally, due to faulty signals of the brain. Instead of a coordinated contraction of muscles, they can contract in opposition causing the push and the pull muscles to work together. This can cause uncomfortable and painful twisting of limbs.
- Tourette syndrome: It is involuntary in nature, where sudden sounds or movements that appear, vanishes over a prolonged time period. This condition is the advanced form of muscle tics. They can involve any part of the body and greatly varies in severity. Children can successfully suppress tics but over time they build a sense of wrongness while resisting it. Most tic disorders are reversible with the right treatment.
- Ataxia: It results from a failure of motor coordination of the cerebellum, due to an injury or dysfunction. This condition can have various patterns involved to it. While few types of ataxia can come and go due to a condition such as metabolic disorder, epilepsy, genetic mutation etc, some begin abruptly due to brain bleed or stroke.
My daughter aged 2 months, is suffering from scabies. Our doctor has prescribed mocin ointment, crotorax lotion and cyphon drop. But the scabies recurring again and again. Now please advice me and whether cyphon drops are safe. Please advice.
Easy tip for toddler's mumma
When it’s time to feed your child dinner at the end of a long day, it’s a good idea to finish your meal first. Trying to feed a fussy child on an empty stomach will only make you irritable and impatient. Eat first and you’ll find you’re way more patient and energetic to tackle any challenges the dining table may throw up.
A pediatrician manages a child's overall physical and psychological health condition. While most parents consult a pediatrician when the child falls sick, they miss the importance of regular visits to the doctor even if the child is seemingly healthy. There are recommended schedules which prescribe regular visits to the doctor from about a week after the birth of the child. The visits are more frequent up till the age of 6 or 7, after which a monthly visit is usually sufficient. The following is a list of reasons why your child should be taken to a pediatrician every month:
1. Documenting the rate of growth
The pediatrician measures the child's weight and height during every visit and charts them. This is important for comparison with the average rate of growth and pin pointing the problems in normal growth (if any) and the reasons for these problems. For example, if a 4 year old girl is in the 80th percentile for height, it means that 80% of the girls her age are shorter than she is and 20% are taller than she is. The rate of growth is an indicator of a child's general health.
2. Detecting deviations in developmental patterns
There are well-defined physical and emotional developmental patterns for children of all ages. For example, a child starts using signals to communicate by 4 months, or starts talking by the age of 2. A pediatrician can spot deviations from the standard patterns better than parents can. Apart from the measurement of height and weight, sometimes hearing, motor skills and vision tests are also conducted on your visit to the pediatrician to ensure that these basic systems and functions are developing properly.
3. Identifying reasons behind behavioral problems
Behavioral issues in children can be caused by a number of reasons - their inability to correctly express physical discomfort, bonding or attachment issues with the parents or caregivers, interactive problems with peers in school etc. Common behavioral problems are snoring, sleep walking, bed wetting, outbursts of anger, lack of social communication etc. The problems can be prevented from becoming complicated conditions if treated early.
4. Prevention of diseases
The schedule for all the required vaccinations is maintained by the pediatrician. Apart from immunization, regular visits to a pediatrician are important for pointing the beginning symptoms of certain diseases. Nutritional deficiencies, which are very common in children, can be diagnosed and addressed before they lead to health problems. Often parents become extremely apprehensive about the child's health- their queries can be answered and their worries can also be put to rest by these visits.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!