Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. NatashaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, Im having a problem of hair loss. Mainly on the corners of my foreheads. What is the best way to prevent hair loss at the corners of the forehead?
I have phlemn in my throat and it's not coming out. There is neither cough nor sneezing. Cd you suggest a simple and permanent remedy to resolve the problem? Arun Sharma, Ex-journalist, TOI.
Im 21 year old male. In my face uneven colour tone is there and pigmentation is there and also too oily skin. What are advices for this problems.
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
If you are an avid runner, then you might also be well aware of the type of running injuries one is prone to. It might be foolish to say that running injuries can be prevented. It is because these injuries do happen quite often. Though these cannot be prevented, these can definitely be treated. Furthermore, precautions from your side can always be taken to make sure that these injuries do not cause a major impact on your health and can be cured without much of a hassle. Here are some important points that you need to remember to avoid running injuries or to lessen their adverse impact on your body.
Flexible Body: Flexibility is an important part of a runner’s body. You not only need to have the stamina to run, but also must possess flexible features to get you out swiftly from any serious damage. Flexibility is attained when you do regular exercises and stretching in particular. It makes your muscles resilient towards many injuries and provides your body a better shape and long lasting stamina as well.
Strengthen Your Body: Body strength is required if you want to avoid any sports injuries. Special strength training sessions are organised with the coaches of sportspersons. These sessions help in building up muscle strength. This would, in turn, lessen muscle fatigue and make you able enough to perform better.
Balanced Diet: It does not matter whether you are an athletic or not, a balanced diet is needed for everyone. Balanced diet does not mean picking and choosing of food. It means a proper diet chart, mapping everything that your body needs to stay fit. Furthermore, it should contain ample amount of water to keep you hydrated.
Take Rest When Required: It is often said by the elders that too much of work would ruin your health and body. Thus, even for the athletes, it is important to take rest in between periods of heavy training sessions. This would give you a chance to relax your body and relieve you of all the stress. Furthermore, if you are injured or hurt, it would give you ample time to recover from your injuries.
Wear Proper Shoes: As a runner, you need to take care of all parts of your body. This would also include your legs. To prevent any sprains or muscle injury in the leg and to practice for long hours, proper running shoes are needed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.