Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
My mom aged: 48, has thyroid problem, she is now facing swelling on her face, headache and severe right ear pain. What should be done?
I am 18 years old. I am finding difficulties while sleeping due to severe ear pain. I have tried some medicine. But none of them is working for me. Please help.
I am suffering from nose blockage. Every tyn the season changes my nose gets blocked for 24 hrs. Whole day whole week whole year. I use otrivin to breathe. And Dr. preferred for operation bt some says tht aftr some tym of operation you will suffer again ths prob. So operation is nt a gud idea. Wht should I do.
My ears have been blocked by dirt and all that stuff. Hence, want to clean my ear canal. Please suggest me ear drop.
Frm last 2 days m suffering frm cold n cough . I have been taking steam n med of sinus n n vicks inhaler so my nose is open today n n treat is also fibe today but m suffering frm nvr ending headache n my eyes are burning n body pain n weakness I am feeling n duw to change in weather my sinus is very critical too. N frm today I hv got pain in my left ear wich is been frm back of the ear to inside the ear its feeling like some nerve is stretched n been field pain during tym of hichki n getting bump n dat tym pain is too much n n anytym wen I press my finger I feel the pain inside my ear n this started to me in today's afternoon. .so pls guide me how to overcome all this.
I have tinnitus problem in my left ear. I hear faint whistling sound non - stop. It first started around 4 months ago. It stopped for a few weeks and again started. What should I do and what precautions should I take to avoid severeness? Can it be self-cured? What medicines should I take?
1.Im suffering from throat problem. I feel pain while swallowing. 2.I'm chain smoker. I smoke weed everyday and because of that my lips have turn very very black. Can you please help me return to my original lips colour?
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
- Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia (learn more about Anaemia and how it affects the health): Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
You must see a doctor for severe and prolonged bleeding.