Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Sir while I'm reading the book's my eyes are paining. Sir can you give me a suggestion how to overcome it and improve my eye sight.
Is laser surgery is helpful for my father? He have 3-4 calculi in the right kidney. The approx size is 8.5mm.
I was prescribed 25mg. sildenafil citrate about 11 years back. Thereafter I have been using it regularly. However after using it for 5 years the erection was reduced.I then started using 50mg. which was told by the chemist. Now again I have problem in erection. I am now 60 years of age. Should I start taking 100 mg? I am also facing issues with my eyes. The eye specialist has recommended laser treatment for retina and has also told that in both my eyes cataract formation has started. Please also tell me whether my eye condition is due to the use of the drug for erectile dysfunction.
I have yellow eyes and what are the signs of bilirubin and hepatitis b please tell me as soon as possible.
Hello doctor, I had myopia, so I did LASIK surgery 13 days back. Now I can able to see clearly. I can't believe how my eyes have changed. Now the problem is my left eye is cristal clear but my right eye is little blurry when compare to left one. Is it normal after LASIK? How much time it will take to recover fully? Thanks.
I am neha shukla female age 21 years old. I have problem in my eyes. I have been using spectacles since 12 years n by using it my eye sight is getting weak day by day. So after having talk wid my doctor he said to use lenses so that my no wil stay stable. Bt by using lenses too my no is increasing. I wanted to go for LASIK too. Can you guide me what to do?
Sir my eyes power is going Dow day by day and it will making me so dump pls tell how I will maintain my eyes power and how I will get it back.
I have red eyes for three days. What should I do and what are the reasons for it. How to prevent it.
I have red eyes over the last 3 days? what should I do. Also I have back pain problem please help as soon as possible.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have problem in my eyes due to overstraining on mobile. My eyes get tiered very fast. What can I do?
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.