Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I started insulin from 22 January two times. My blood urea was 53 & creatinine was 1.67 at that time. My urea is 45 & creatinine is 2.02 now. I have started loosing my memory 2-3 times a day. Is this side effects of insulin or shall I approach a neuro physician? I have been suffering from high sugar for last 18-20 years.
Hi, I am suffering from fissure. Once stool will be tight then bleeding will be started and anus get swelling. Its very painful. I am also suffering from gassy headache. So could you please suggest any medicine or yoga or something else through which I can got relief. I am 36 years old and I am in sitting job. Thanks Pravin Kumar Tiwari.
My brother has a stones each on each kidney another one in left urethra how much costs tto operate all of 3 stones.
Since last two days I am passing soft blood clots while urinating. It is not happening every time but once or twice in a day. I have only one kidney and my cretanine is around 1.4.
Anus ke pas daane nikal gae hai jinme dard aur chubhan mahsus hoti hai. Babasir ka ayurved me koi upchar bataen.
I am 42 years old male. Work and lifestyle sedentary. Developed Backache, cervical, gastric and kidney stone 3.9mm. Kindly advice.
Hi I'm 33 year old male, having problems of kidney stones, today got operated, with scooping method please suggest permanent solutions
I had cold and cough, I realized after few days my rectum started hurting and I can see mucus coming out with stool. Please help me is it something so serious m shy to go n consult the doctor about same.
A kidney stone is a hard, crystalline mineral development, which forms within the kidney or the urinary tract. It is called nephrolithiasis in medical terms. Kidney stones occur due to the decrease in urine volume or due to an excess of substances in the urine which are stone-forming in nature. Dehydration is considered to be a primary risk factor for kidney stones too.
Causes of kidney stones:Kidney stones develop when the urine contains increased amounts of crystal forming substances. They include calcium, oxalate and uric acid in amounts which the fluid in the urine cannot dilute. Your urine may also lack the substances which help in prevention of crystals from sticking to each other, thereby enhancing the conditions for kidney stones to form.
The balance of your urine can change due to several factors:
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water makes the salts, minerals and other substances present in the urine to stick together, which may lead to the formation of a stone.
- The normal urine balance may get disrupted due to several health conditions, which lead to kidney stone formation. Diseases such as gout or certain inflammatory bowel diseases can also cause kidney stones.
- Many cases of kidney stones are hereditary and run in families, affecting family members over many generations.
- A rare cause of kidney stone formation is the overproduction of hormones by the parathyroid glands, which results in increased levels of calcium leading to calcium kidney stones.
Types of kidney stones
Kidney stones are of different types, which occur due to several, different causes. They are as follows:
- Calcium stones: Calcium stones account for being the most common form of kidney stones. They occur due to excessive calcium in the urine. This may happen due to an inherited condition known as hypercalciuria, the overreaction of the parathyroid gland, kidney diseases, several cancers or from a condition known as sarcoidosis. The stones may be large and smooth or rough and spiky.
- Struvite stones: These stones are caused due to infections. And they usually occur after a urinary tract infection. This form of kidney stone is more common in women though.
- Uric acid stones: These stones occur due to large amounts of uric acid in the urine. It may occur from having a high protein diet, from a health condition called gout or from a hereditary condition where the amount of uric acid in urine increases.
- Cystine stones: These are rare kidney stones and occur due to a hereditary health condition known as cystinuria.
Kidney stones occur due to the change in balance of water, salts and minerals, which are present in the urine. Insufficient water consumption is often the most common cause of kidney stones. So make sure you drink lots of water to keep stone formation at bay. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.