Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra RangappaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 years old. When the knee is in bent position I am getting knee pain. There is no pain if it is straight. This pain exists more than 6 years. Long back doctor advised MRI for knee. I have undergone the test and in the test report nothing found abnormal. Again in feb 2016, I have undergone MRI for the knee in which it states that" Anterior Cruciate Ligament shows signal change - Partial tear" Doctor suggested to do knee strengthening exercise. I am suffering the increased pain while doing the exercise. Kindly suggest whether the strengthening exercise gets permanent relief.
Sir/Mam, I am having little pain on my left arm since Jan 2016. Got X-rays also but no problem. Consulted 4 renowned doctors also but result is nil.
Hello sir/madam, I am 20 years old I have got pain on my left leg heel from past two days. The pain is severe and literally can't walk. What is the problem and how it is cured? (The pain is only on left leg heel area)
Arthritis is a very painful disease. It restricts you from doing a lot of the activities you would love to engage in. However, there are steps you could take to reduce the chances of it happening to you.
Here are some tips, which help you in preventing Arthritis:
- Take Omega-3 fatty acids: Research proves that the regular consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids, present in fish, result in decreased risks of rheumatoid arthritis. Omega-3 fatty acids are also found in foods such as olive oil and walnuts.
- Take Vitamins and olive oil: Vitamins are crucial, especially A, C and D. Vitamin A can be found in carrots. vitamin D can yet again be found in fish while vitamin C can be found in strawberries, mangoes, pineapples and oranges. Olive oil is also useful because it contains polyphenols which reduce the chances of developing arthritis.
- Eat ginger and broccoli: Ginger and broccoli are two of the most therapeutic foods for various reasons and the chances of getting arthritis are also proven to reduce due to these foods.
- Avoid injury: Although this is very hard to do sometimes, avoiding injuries do reduce your chances of getting arthritis.
- Control your weight: This is very important, especially for your knees. It has been proven by researchers at John Hopkins University that if you are 10 kg overweight, then 30 to 60 extra kilograms of weight fall on your knees.
- Exercise: Strengthening your muscles around your joint decreases the pressure on the joint. If there is less pressure on the joint, then the chances of arthritis are reduced. The best way to decrease pressure on the joint and strengthen your muscles is to exercise.