Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra RangappaYour feedback matters!
I am 60 year old lad. I have knee pain since last two months during use of staircase. X-ray shows start of osteo arthritis. Is it possible to improve my condition by doing exercises?
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last months. I have yoused pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
Hi doctor, I am a 44 year old male with a nagging lower back ache since past three days which is affecting my normal seating, working & sleeping cycles. Experiencing extreme discomfort while sitting, working or even sleeping on back & sides as well. Do please let me know what could be the possible reason & advise solutions to get rid of this pain in the back. Thanks & regards
My legs are paining so much the above part from the knees and my feet and hands also paining specially fingers of hands and feet. I have worst pain in my wrist. Please suggest me something.
Sir I fell some compress type pain in my back' left and right side of ribs and some times in abdomen what is this.
Recently I am working 8 hrs by standing. And my knees and ankle palm hurts. Why this is happen. Also I do regular gym so today when I was trying to squat to perform leg workout I load 30 kg wt startup and done 10 reps so I increase wt now 45 kg so when I lift weight I did 1 seat up my knees around areas hurts so I stop exercise. When my 1 st job was just seating and relax and that time I could lift 80 kg wt for leg workout. Why this is happen today. Is thr any serious issue. Please gimme suggestion. Thank very much.
Is there any permanent cure in Homeopath of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis. How to which type of arthritis one is suffering from? I am 43 years lady having pain in multiple joint. Almost all the joints and even in bones. Pls help.
I am 30 years old, for last 2-3 years suffering from backache. I did pain relief sprays, ointments etc. But still I am facing same issue day in day out. (Yoga.
I have back problem continuous pain when sitting and drive bike in long place not any improvement after taken most of medicines plEase give any suggestion.
My left leg heel backside is paining more everyday morning for 3 minutes when I get up from the bed. In a day while walking it pains but not much. Its paining from 8 months. I did blood test but everything is normal. Why its paining? Is it because of over weight? According to my height. How much weight I have to be? Any medicines do you prefer ?or any diet? If I have to consult doctor .which doctor I have to consult? Like bone specialist or vain specialist? Thank you.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.