Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Narendra Babu
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra BabuYour feedback matters!
I have sever joint pain it also swell in winter season so give me any succession to recover from It.
Hi, actually the question is for help/medical advice for my wife who is now completing 50 yrs and is under phase of stoppage of menstrual cycle (i think it is called menopause) and is now having some problems of joint pains particularly in knees and also swelling in legs particularly on upper portion of both feets. Can you please advice tests and medical treatment she should excercise. Weight increase is the normal part of this phase? please advice and reply asap.
My wife 22 yrs old, not well from last one complete body pain after moving from bangalore to chennai.
Hello doctor. I'm 26 year old girl. And I have very unbearable pain in my upper side leg within last 10 year. I consult many doctor But they could not understand this pain. doctor. Is it saitika pain or something else. Please help me doctor.
I am 28 years old girl. I am having pain in my right shoulder since one yr. Pain is radiating through hand upto fingers of same side. Now it is radiating to right side face teeth and head. What should I do?
I am 37 year old female .I am having immense pain from yesterday which is travelling from my hips to the feet .I have taken Brufen Mr. and Fine Nerve but no relief. I took dynapar injection but then to no relief please guide.
My left knee is very painful. Not any damage. No any cracking. But I am facing pain since last 20 days. And now its very harmful. Kindly suggest me. What can I do. Please do needful.
Iam suffering from severe pain in my left leg. Please will you suggest treatment for how to get relief from leg pain. Please give valuable suggestion.
I am feeling lower back pain for a month now mostly on left side and I recently experience discomfort and very less amount of pain (it is not actually real kind of pain) back of my groin and front of lower abdomen. The pain is not regular though but when I wake up in the morning there is that painful feeling at lower back.
Lumbago or Lower back pain is a condition that is characterized by mild to serious pain or uneasiness in the lower back region. Lower back pain is more prevalent among the youth whose work includes physical exertion or sitting for long hours and is also common in individuals belonging to the 'retirement age' because of their sedentary lifestyles. The pain might be acute (sudden and extreme) or chronic if it has been endured over a span of three months.
The most common causes of lower back pain are:
- Overuse of the muscles and includes strains or sprains of soft tissues such as muscles, ligaments and vertebral compression fractures.
- Pressure on the roots of nerves due to conditions such as spinal canal stenosis (narrowing down of the spaces within the spine) or herniated disc (a condition of the rubbery disc present between the spine bones (vertebrae)).
- Osteoarthritis is a condition wherein the shock absorbers, found in the joints, progressively break down.
When it affects the spine, the condition causes back pain by stiffening the spinal joints. Symptoms of Lumbago (Low back pain) include:
- Stiff back
- Numbness in the legs
- Loss of weight
- Difficulty in urinating
- Sciatica, which is the pain running down the lower back to hips, legs and thighs. This occurs due to a compression by an intervertebral disc in the back, which leads to a pinched nerve.
How to diagnose lower back pain or a slip disc?
Some methods that can be utilized for diagnosing back include Xray, CT Scans, Myelogram and MRI scans.
Treatment options available -
Exercises along with correction of bad posture for relieving back pain are a common component of any treatment plan. Factors such as type and severity of the pain as well as the patient?s history can help in determining the type of treatment that can be administered. In most cases, the recovery time is usually six weeks without surgery. Typical treatment of back pain includes use of muscle relaxants, painkillers and physiotherapy. Surgery is suggested in severe cases. Some other treatments are discussed below:
- Rest: A period of rest and inactivity would help the injured tissues to recuperate and relieve back pain. However, extended periods of rest lead to weakening of muscles and hence might prolong the existing back pain.
- Heat and ice packs: Both heat and ice therapies are used according to the patient's preference to reduce inflammation.
- Medications: A large variety of prescription and over-the-counter medicines are available. Some reduce back pain caused by inflammation and others prevent the pain signals from travelling to the brain. Examples would include acetaminophen, celecoxib and diclofenac.