Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Narendra Babu MYour feedback matters!
Dentistry is not expensive, neglect is! brushing is an activity that has been embedded in our systems since time immemorial. It's an exercise you start and end your day with, a routine that can sometimes pass by almost subconsciously, leading to bad habits and ultimately poor oral health and hygiene.
Here are a few mistakes people commonly make when brushing their teeth.
Not using the proper toothbrush
The biggest myth of our time is to buy a medium or hard tooth brush to clean more effectively that's what causes the maximum damage over the years by wearing off healthy natural teeth with overzealous care.
Using an anti-sensitivity/whitening toothpaste permanently
A common mistake is to use a medicated tooth paste meant to mask sensitivity over a prolonged period. Such a practice only masks the symptom does not treat the problem and also leaves you vulnerable to cavities, gum disease and bad breath since the predominant component in such a tooth paste is for treating sensitivity or lightening tooth color.
The type of toothpaste that you use doesn't matter very significantly as long as you use the right amount and twice a day.
Sensitive toothpastes are meant to be used for a prescribed period of time and whitening toothpastes must be used under supervision to prevent any potential damage to your teeth.
Toothpaste must protect your teeth and gums both so a combination of paste that contains fluoride that protects your teeth from decay -and the gel based part has the antibacterial properties to prevent gum disease and bad breath.
Brushing too quickly or too many times
Most of us hate going to the dentist and find brushing an easier alternative but you cant exactly brush off old cavities just prevent new ones.
See to it that you do not brush your teeth more than twice in a day. Excessive brushing can damage your gums and enamel. It will not take a lot of pressure to remove the plaque; hence most dental practitioners suggest brushing using a very balanced pressure.
Studies show that brushing two times a day and about 2-3 minutes every time is perfect to maintain good oral hygiene. Most people make the mistake of falling short of this duration every time they brush. You can ideally divide the mouth in four sections and approximately spend around 30-40 seconds on each section.
Incorrect brushing technique
The strokes while brushing your teeth must be vertical and not horizontal. Many people are habituated with performing long horizontal brushing strokes; this leads to irritation and damage.
Learn the right technique
Hold your brush at an angle of 45 degrees to your gums and brush your gums and teeth with an up and down motion and short strokes. Don't use side to side strokes. Also, start brushing on areas that you have been ignoring till now, reach the difficult to reach inner portion of your teeth. Implement it as a daily ritual and you will attain perfection in it.
Wrestling or brushing
Hard brushing damages the gums and is not good for you. Excessive brushing i. E. Brushing more than 3-4 times is also bad for you. You must always observe a balance in brushing which keeps your dental health healthy.
Since unlearning a bad brushing habit maybe harder the easier solution is to switch from a manual to an automatic brush. Going automatic by using a battery operated brush is recommended since it takes the guesswork out of brushing.
It may take a while to get adjusted to but like so many other things which are designed to make life easier automatic brushes make dental hygiene very easy and can even reduce the frequency of your dental visits.
Supplement your brushing
Of course, brushing your teeth is only a part of a complete dental care routine. Mouth wash twice a day. You should always rinse your mouth and keep it cleaned; otherwise, the germs from the teeth will stay on.
Clean between teeth daily with floss. Tooth decay-causing bacteria still linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. This helps remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line. Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks. Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams. Got some questions? ask us comment below; we will answer as soon as possible.
Dear doctor, my 2 years 6 months baby boy visited andhra pradesh for family visit after cumin back to Hyderabad he got high fever with cough n cold 20 days back for which doctor prescribed taxim, crocin ds and cherry cough syrup for 5 days. Recently we spotted out few lump's on bck of his head. When ask no he say no pain bt while sleeping he is having itching at times. Kindly extend your all suggestions on this. Regards.
My son who is 3 years old suffering from seizures, I wanted to know any first aid given to him immediately to stop the seizure. First aid taken at home.
My three years old sick with a temperature of hundred degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids what should I do?
1. It is important to gargle with warm water immediately after nebulization. This measure is intended to wash out the deposits of drugs that if allowed to stay within the oral cavity, will lead to hoarseness of voice and oral ulcers.
2. Following the gargle, drink 2 cups of warm water. This measure will wash out the drugs that is deposited during nebulization on the walls of the esophagus. Thus avoid esophageal irritation caused due to the drug deposited on the inner walls of the esophagus.
3. It will definately help to have a air purifier at home to monitor the particulate matter content in the ambience. This will also reduce the frequency of attacks and enable relatively clean air for the affected, creating comfortable indoors.
4. Take time out to teach children on how to apply the inhaler effectively so as to be able to self-help during acute asthmatic attacks. If available, adrenaline shots of 0.5 to 1 mg may be carried on them, so that in event of severe asthmatic attack, a subcutaneous shot of adrenaline is life saving.
5. Be aware of early signs of an attack, point out these early signs to asthmatic children so that they may stop their activity and take self-help measures.
6. Do not wait for ambulances to arrive in case anybody is in acute asthmatic attack, sit the person in upright position, give them multiple shots through pocket inhaler or start nebulisation with duolin +/- budecort, if the affected person is carrying a adrenaline shot - 1mg subcutaneous should be given on the deltoid of either upper limb of the person.
Hi Doctors, As I am having a stone in my left ureter undergone URSL without DG stent as doctor told they completed procedure in 10 mins. They discharged next day as all my vitals are good. First 2 days I am fine and 3rd day onwards severe fever and headache. I consulted the doctor and he told it is common due to urinary tract infection. Also in ultrasound and CT they identified a small calculi strucked to ureter wall and confirmed that it is not obstructing the flow. Is fever common post URSL? Is there any problem with that small particle which is left out. Very rarely mild pain left side.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.
My daughter is 5. 5 months old her weight is just 5.5 please help me I am really worried birth weight 3.3.
Hi, My son is 4 years old. Around 6 days back he had an attack of cold / flu, which is prevalent nowadays. We consulted doctor and he prescribed typical medication except antibiotic. From yesterday his cough has gone from bad to worse, esp at night, when he is coughing for hours. We again consulted the doctor who now gave antibiotic (which if given earlier might not led to the severe coughing!). We changed doctor also to cross check and be sure, where we came to know that there might be a case of bronchitis that is causing excessive coughing at night. Medication is going on and the doc has suggested it will take few days to get cured. Since medication is going on, we are concerned about the coughing at night. Is there some home solutions to keep coughing at night in check. Please suggest.
The ketogenic diet is a special high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet that helps to control seizures in some people with epilepsy. It is prescribed by a physician and carefully monitored by a dietitian. It is stricter than the modified Atkins diet, requiring careful measurements of calories, fluids, and proteins.
The name ketogenic means that it produces ketones in the body (keto = ketone, genic = producing). Ketones are formed when the body uses fat for its source of energy.
Usually the body uses carbohydrates (such as sugar, bread, pasta) for its fuel, but because the ketogenic diet is very low in carbohydrates, fats become the primary fuel instead.
Ketones are not dangerous. They can be detected in the urine, blood, and breath. Ketones are one of the more likely mechanisms of action of the diet; with higher ketone levels often leading to improved seizure control. However, there are many other theories for why the diet will work.