Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NarayanswamyYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. I am a mother of an one years old child who does not breast feed. For the last two days I am having severe gas acidity problems included with indigestion problems. Also my urine is dark yellow from yesterday. I am fearing that I might have jaundice. I had jaundice earlier also in the years 1997 and 1999. I want to ask if jaundice is contagious. I know it is a water borne disease but still I am worried about my child and hence not going near her. Please suggest .
I am facing indigestion problem. When I eat food I have to go to toilet for its excretion after one or two hours. Also suffering from gas but it is not loose motion. Suggest something.
I am suffering from gastric stool. Constipation have. During gas passes urine drop in my pants. Please solve by medicine.
I am 48 Year Old Male facing ED problem since last 18 Months. I am taking Repace 25 for high Blood pressure and nupenta LS for Acidity in morning. Please advise cure or treatment to overcome this ED problem.
I have gastric and kidney Stone problem. Flow rate of urine not well, every hour and minutes also want go toilet regarding urine.
Dear Sir, I have gastric problem and i am taking tablet RAZO-D. Sometimes i am getting pain in bones and muscles in back body if gastric became huge in body discomfort for breathing. I have done ECG test but report came normal. And also chest muscles are also getting like a jammed.
I have chronic irritable bowel problem. I need to clean up my stomach with 15 - 20 mins after eating. I eat fried , take alcohol , . I feel very weak and have take some supplement or b complex tablet to overcome that weakness. Also I have irritating cough for the last 4 years. I constantly need to clear cough from inside. Checkup had shown some problem with my vocal cord .I get instant relief by using g homeopathic medicine. Please suggest.
My wife having acidity problem at night while sleeping whole she is not having acidity and also she have hormones problem and urine problem what to do pls suggest.
I am suffering from jaundice and I m not able to digest anything, so what food items are safe for me. Does jaundice spread?
The word colic directly refers to the colon. Colic pain is a sharp abdominal pain followed by bouts of crying usually occurring in infants below the age of one year. The pain only last for a short period of time ranging from a few weeks to a couple of months. Very few number of babies will cry endlessly indicating towards an underlying condition.
It is mainly characterized by sharp crying for supposedly no apparent reason, irregular sleep patterns, and restlessness or owing to deviation from normal postures. The apparent causes of colic pain include indigestion and negative reaction of the sensitive gut to the breast or formula milk, although no concrete cause of the state has been discovered.
Doctors often suggest home remedies such as swaddling, pacifiers, holding and comforting the baby and more frequent feedings to reduce the condition. Since it is so common among infants and relatively less harmful, no proper medication is usually given. Physicians suggest mothers to reduce the content of caffeine, alcohol or spice in their diet. Sometimes a warm bath, burping the baby or going on more frequent walks is useful. Background music draws the attention of the baby and hence drives their focus, away from the abdominal pains.
Colic pains are mainly treated by care rather than medicine. The baby is made to feel comfortable and the distress is reduced just by being around the infant. The primary care giver plays an important role in consoling the child and helping them get through the sudden pain which further plays a significant role in personality development. Colic pains are extremely short lived and probably one of the first few challenges of parenthood. They are primarily dealt with care and feeding except in extreme cases where medicinal cures such as lactase drops and simethicone drops are used to treat the abdominal pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Surgery of ulcer brush in intestine. Precaution and follow-up after surgery What test should we done for follow-up And good diet to eat.
Hello Docs, I facing an issue for last 15 days. I am having a lot of gas and I don't feel hungry. And for Last 15 days I am doing a night shift. I don't know what's wrong may be it's because of gas what should I do please suggest me.
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor.