Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Narayana SwamyYour feedback matters!
I got pimples with white puss sometimes and the most important is DAT I want to get rid of spots occurred due to pimples, however I took a medication for 1 year and after getting fed up as der was no use BT again aftr an year I started a new medication course fr 1mnth BT no use till now.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 4 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am pregnant as I missed my this month periods. While doing pregnancy test it came positive. We don't want to have kid now. And my husband got me unwanted. Can anyone tell me how to take this medicine?
I do not feel like working at all, I feel sleepy all day and also very weak. I also get negative thoughts and I do not feel like talking to people and always prefer staying. Alone.
I am suffering from perianal abscess. Currently it's 1 inch size got swollen with slight reddish color & having pain while seating. Please suggest any medicines or surgery required.
I am a student I am food addict I always want my mouth chewing but this leads to obesity I want to lose my weight please help.
Respected Sir/mam I was very fair in colour but now sir/mam I am too black sir really I do not know its is tanning or what it is sir or mam please tell me the medicine please sir any lotion or medicine because I want to become fair again some say do this some say do this but nothing is working help!
I am 32 years old now but getting white hairs frequently. Especially in the side part above ears. Kindly predict a reason and prescribe something to avoid it.
Some new studies have shown that eating while you are walking can cause weight gain. The findings have said that while walking you tend to consume more food than when you are stagnant. However, not only walking but also while conversing with others or watching television increases your urge to consume more food.
The reasons for which you may consume more food while walking are:
- If you sometimes eat on the go then you can consume more food later in the day. Because while eating we did not concentrate how much of amount we consumed.
- One more reason of consuming much food can be that walking is one powerful distraction. As you do not completely concentrate on your food it falls into mindless eating.
- Concentrating on your food is a significant part of enjoying your food and managing weight gain.
- When you sit down and eat, you tend to focus on how much food you are taking in one bite, and chew properly. Nevertheless, when walking and eating none of these happens.
- When you walk and eat, you do not pay attention to what you are eating. While on the go you just grab whatever food satiates your hunger and this leads to weight gain later.
There are also some simple steps to avoid over eating. They are:
- Sit on a table and eat slowly.
- Chew your food properly.
- You should stop eating when you first start feeling that you are full.
- Try to eat as many vegetables as you can and try to avoid junk foods.
Weight gain and obesity is also associated with our mind. When we start consuming food, our brain takes at least 20 minutes to connect to our stomach. So, eating slowly is a much needed for avoiding weight gain.
I'm 20 year old and I want to lose my fat my weight is 58 but I look overweight Please suggest me some tips.
Does Liv 52 By himalaya help in reducing Sgpt and sgot level in body? And does it has any side effect?
Suffering from hair fall for last 3 to 4 years. Now my hair density is such low that my scalp is visible. Please help me. Is there any treatment for new hair growth other than hair transplant?
I am doing sex regularly but its less then a minute. Pls tell me any pills is there to do more then a 5 minutes.
Although this might come as bit of a shock for most of you, the habit of sitting, acquired or inherent can lead to a lot of physical complications. Even with adequate exercise, the practice or compulsion to sit for too long, more than six hours at a stretch to be scientifically precise, can prove to be fatal. Or in a sense, it can at least have a detrimental effect on your life span.
Studies have revealed that sitting in front of the television for an hour if you’re above 25, can lessen your life expectancy by 22 minutes. The process might take effect sooner than you think, with the development of myriad complications such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, various forms of cancer, digestive problems and other orthopedic disorders of the waist and backbone. This becomes precarious, especially for those affiliated to professions that facilitate no mobility or those leading a sedentary lifestyle by choice.
If you are engaged in a desk job which involves a lot of sitting around for long hours, you should be worried about the ills that come along with it. Besides ophthalmological disorders, obesity, painful and stiff joints, sitting can also induce further serious problems involving the heart. To avoid this, make sure you take regular breaks to get up and walk at regular intervals, a little bit of neck and stretching exercises that is affordable in the given space. Avoid sitting on your rear for more than half of the day at all costs.
Standing in a fully upright posture burns a lot of calories, so even simply standing after a period of prolonged sitting can prove beneficial. For instance, it is advisable to watch the last ten minutes of a show or match standing up. Evening walks and morning walks are a good practice to lessen the amount of time spent on the chair. Regular and habitual jogging or running regimens help in getting you out of the infamous couch potato syndrome. Make sure you sit in a correct and erect posture while working on the computer or watching the television. Avoid long hours of prolonged sitting in front of these devices at home, especially if you are already compelled to do so at office. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
I'm Not Pregnant, But Why Is My Breast Leaking? What are the causes, diagnosis and treatment. From last 2 weeks m on medication for acidity and vitamin B12. On my last period I had white discharge or clot.
Patients with diabetes are likely to suffer from nerve damage. This condition is known as diabetic neuropathy. An increase in the blood-sugar level can damage nerve fibres, especially in the legs and feet. Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication for people suffering from diabetes.
Types of neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy: This is the most frequently occurring form of diabetic neuropathy. It can affect the legs, feet, hands and arms of a person. Some of the common symptoms include numbness in the leg or arm, cramps, reduced reflexes and muscle weakness. This is accompanied by other problems such as joint pain, ulcers, and deformities.
- Autonomic neuropathy: This part of the nervous system controls the intestines, heart, stomach, lungs, eyes and sex organs. Diabetes can wreak havoc in these vital organs. Some of the common symptoms include bladder problems, vomiting, nausea, erectile malfunction, fluctuation in body temperature, decreased or increased sweating, and irregular heart rate.
- Radiculoplexus neuropathy: This form of neuropathy affects the nerves in areas such as the thighs, legs, buttocks, etc. This condition is mostly witnessed in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. The symptoms are often observed on one side of the body, which includes abdominal swelling, pain in the thigh, hip and buttock, weight loss, difficulty in getting up from a particular position.
- Mononeuropathy: This form of neuropathy attacks a particular nerve and is mostly found in older adults. It doesn’t have any long-term implications. Some of the symptoms include paralysis of the face, pain in the chest, difficulty in focusing the eye, and pain in the foot.
Risk factors of diabetic neuropathy
- Being overweight: An increase in body weight increases the chances of diabetic neuropathy. A body mass index (BMI) of greater than 24 is considered to be alarming for a patient suffering with diabetes.
- Smoking: Smoking narrows the arteries, thereby reducing the flow of blood to the feet and the legs. This increases the chance of diabetic neuropathy.
- Kidney disease: Diabetes can cause great damage to the kidneys, which increases the level of toxins in the body. This situation can aggravate to diabetic neuropathy.
- Poor control of blood-sugar levels: A poor control of blood-sugar levels is the biggest risk factor of diabetic neuropathy. Keeping the blood-sugar level under control helps the nerves to maintain a healthy condition.
Common complications of diabetic neuropathy
- Digestive problems: Nerve damage can lead to diseases such as diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, vomiting and a loss of appetite. It can also result in a disease called gastroparesis; this is a disease which doesn’t let the stomach empty at its usual rate.
- Limb loss: Gradual nerve damage can affect the limbs of the body. Diabetic neuropathy slowly damages the soft tissues and the skin, which eventually results in the loss of a limb. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..